Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    This England side is a total embarrassment. 
    Can't bat at all.
  • Options
    I over estimated thus team. They actually lasted into the 4th day. I am not sure if I have seen a more inept poor side in all the time I have watched England.  Even Warner and their tail enders get more runs then most of our batsmen, Have we go no players coming through at all?  I worry about our bowlers as well? Especially when Anderson and Broad retire,  Is it the players, the coaches, management, Root or the whole lot of them that need a clearout. 
  • Options
    31-4 at stumps. Still trailing by 51.
  • Options
    What a terrible last hour to a reasonable days cricket. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Rudders22 said:
    I over estimated thus team. They actually lasted into the 4th day. I am not sure if I have seen a more inept poor side in all the time I have watched England.  Even Warner and their tail enders get more runs then most of our batsmen, Have we go no players coming through at all?  I worry about our bowlers as well? Especially when Anderson and Broad retire,  Is it the players, the coaches, management, Root or the whole lot of them that need a clearout. 
    The bowlers have done about as well as they possibly could in this Test, and through periods of the first & second too. It wasn’t all the Anderson show today, all of the others had very good spells too.

It’s definitely the batting that’s the issue. And has been for a number of years now.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    The County Championship has been pushed to the margins to accommodate tip and run white ball cricket. How do you expect to produce test cricketers? 

Add to that, the lack of tour matches in the build up and you have a totally under prepared team.

The Aussies send their players over to play in England prior to an Ashes tour to understand the different conditions. The Counties sign them up, because it's more important to them that they beat Sussex in the next game, rather than helping prepare an Aussie player for test cricket. So an Aussie player has Shield Cricket and County Cricket to get him ready. You reap what you sow.
  • Options
    Bloody embarrassing that.

There must be some heads rolling after this.
  • Options
    Australia might not bat again in this test, just come home and save the inevitable.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wonder what the record is for number of days played in terms of losing an Ashes series?
  • Options
    Roll on 11:30pm...

At least I'll get an early night tomorrow, as this won't go into the 4th day
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:
    We've only had 2 days so far. Looks like my prediction will be right.
  • Options
    1StevieG said:
    Wonder what the record is for number of days played in terms of losing an Ashes series?
    11 I think 
  • Options
    Been a good battle in the final with @Rothko
    luckily woke up this morning to see Dak has put a bit of gap between us. Hopefully Duke Johnson doesn’t go off on one tonight and score 29+ points 

feared the worst when left 3 touchdown Damien Harris on the bench as thought he was injured. 

• Options
    Think this is on the wrong thread?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    luckily woke up this morning to see Dak has put a bit of gap between us. Hopefully Duke Johnson doesn’t go off on one tonight and score 29+ points 

feared the worst when left 3 touchdown Damien Harris on the bench as thought he was injured. 

Oops 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Literally another language 
  • Options
    No worries better than talkingabout the England cricket team.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    No worries better than talkingabout the England cricket team.
    To make up for it I have tweeted my disapproval of our performance to the ECB and EnglandCricket 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    For starters we have to give county cricket far more respect and stop fucking around with crap like the Hundred. 
    Red ball cricket in England has been mismanaged for too long.
    I really don't think the ECB care. I actually believe that they want us to do badly because eventually the vast majority of English fans will give up on the longer form of the game because we are so poor at it. 

Hameed's confidence is shot to pieces. Crawley is undercooked and is a better white ball batsman than red anyway. As is Bairstow. As is Stokes. As is Buttler,  That leaves Malan and Root. You can't go in with one or two batsmen every game.

• Options
    Rudders22 said:
    For starters we have to give county cricket far more respect and stop fucking around with crap like the Hundred. 
    I really don't think the ECB care. I actually believe that they want us to do badly because eventually the vast majority of English fans will give up on the longer form of the game because we are so poor at it. 

Hameed's confidence is shot to pieces. Crawley is undercooked and is a better white ball batsman than red anyway. As is Bairstow. As is Stokes. As is Buttler,  That leaves Malan and Root. You can't go in with one or two batsmen every game.

I believe in Crawley .  I don’t think anyone would find Cummins easy to face.  Hameed was selected based on those two hundreds against Yorkshire and the promise in India - both a very long time ago.  
  • Options
    That’s the first full day of play I have missed throughout the first 3 tests. Woke up to them 8 down and deep in my soul I just knew we would be at least 3 down before the end of the day. It was a nasty session at the end and most teams in the world would lose a wicket or two but, I just don’t understand how we have failed to grasp such a basic tactic of leaving the ball on length…particularly on bouncy Australian wickets. Hameed doesn’t need to get anywhere near that delivery but it’s not just him, all of our batters are culprits having played a ball in front of them that impacts the bat above the height of the stumps. 

If ever Roots first hundred on Australian soil was needed, tomorrow is the day. You feel between him, Stokes, Bairstow and Buttler if they can actually bat the day out then a lead of 230 would be difficult to chase on this pitch. Can’t see us getting anywhere near that and we’re more likely to be all out with Australia chasing 15 to win the Ashes. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    wmcf123 said:
    Rudders22 said:

I believe in Crawley .  I don’t think anyone would find Cummins easy to face.  Hameed was selected based on those two hundreds against Yorkshire and the promise in India - both a very long time ago.  
    I want to believe in Crawley because he is a good lad and has the ability to do well. He is a very good white ball player but, bar one innings when all the stars aligned for him, his Test record is extremely poor - he has a First Class average of just 31.33 and Test average of 26.92 from 28 innings. If you take out that massive hit of 267, then this drops to 18.04. In fact, since that score, his average in 18 innings is 10.81

Last season Crawley was dropped and told to work on his red ball game. He went back to Kent to play against Lancs and was out for a duck to Jimmy Anderson. What happened to him in the second innings? Nothing - because he was called up to play for England in a white ball game in the middle of that County Championship game. And that tells us all we need to know what is wrong with English red ball cricket. It is the poor relation.
  • Options
    Think that bat Extras needs more of a run in the side

May be an image of text
  • Options

May be an image of text
    Been poor in this match. Only got 5 in the first innings
  • Options

May be an image of text
    Been poor in this match. Only got 5 in the first innings
    Their streak of not outs continues though. 
  • Options
    Having a senior moment, who's JR Bracey ?
  • Options
    Having a senior moment, who's JR Bracey ?
    The only England batsman to hit a red-ball hundred in Australia this winter