Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• Options
    200 would be a good score from here. Sad indictment of how bad at batting we are. 
  • Options
    Stupid of Stokes to give away his wicket like that.

115-5
  • Options
    120 will be good from here..... my prediction was like Golfie. I realise I was too optimistic.   Our batsmen make Warner look like world class. We are just rubbish. We haven't had any devent openers now for a few years. 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Our bowlers aren’t as threatening, our batting isn’t as solid and our fielding isn’t as sharp. Apart from that we’re doing well.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    128-6.

Buttler runs down the wicket at Lyon but skies it into the deep.

And that’s tea. Another wicket with the last ball of the session.

Robinson, Wood, Leach and Anderson to come.
  • Options
    That was unbelievably dumb. 
  • Options
    It’s a test match ffs pick your moments you div … 3 mins before tea isn’t the time when you’re not set 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Another two wicket session becomes a three wicket session.

And to be honest, unlike the first session… all three wickets came from brain dead batting.

How depressing.
  • Options
    Another two wicket session becomes a three wicket session.

And to be honest, unlike the first session… all three wickets came from brain dead batting.

How predictably depressing.

• Options
    Only root from the top 7 deserves to keep his place on current form, possibly stokes.

england somehow need to find a 1-3 and a 6 with foakes coming in at 7
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    141-7.

Wood gone. First wicket in Test cricket for Boland.
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    159-8.

Bairstow bounced out by Starc. Gloved to gully.
  • Options
    Yawn. Why do I do it to myself. Staying awake in the hope it would be different. 
  • Options
    Only root from the top 7 deserves to keep his place on current form, possibly stokes.

Malan is fine at 3 for me. It’s the openers failing every time meaning he always comes in at overs 1-3 every innings. 
    Buttler needs to be dropped. 
    Stokes is a difficult one because you know he can pull magic from nowhere with the ball, bat or in the field. 
  • Options
    176-9.

Leach edges Lyon to slip. Shame, he was being aggressive and having some fun
  • Options
    185 all out.

Robinson caught in the leg side trying to play shots off Lyon.

About an hour and 15 minutes for Australia to bat before stumps.
  • Options
    edited December 2021

Malan is fine at 3 for me. It’s the openers failing every time meaning he always comes in at overs 1-3 every innings. 
    Buttler needs to be dropped. 
    Stokes is a difficult one because you know he can pull magic from nowhere with the ball, bat or in the field. 
    Stokes drops to six for me. Isn’t reliable enough to play at five in current form.

We need to find two openers and someone who can come in at five - Hameed, Burns, Crawley, Pope? Who else is there in the county game?

We also need Foakes behind the bloody stumps batting seven. Or Pope takes the gloves and bats seven if you really want to go that direction… Just stop the Bairstow/Buttler experiment PLEASE. Excellent white ball players and extremely talented but will never be good enough consistently for red ball.

I like Wood, Robinson and Leach in the bowling attack. Fourth seamer spot long term probably goes to Archer or Mahmood. Or both if/when Wood needs the rest.
  • Options
    Can they change the rules so that in a 5 test series if a team goes 3-0 it’s over? Literally pointless playing the last two tests at this rate. 
  • Options
    Australia will get to 185-0 at this rate. We look so defeated. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    57-1.

Warner gone for 38 from 42 balls. Anderson with the wicket.
  • Options
    This is dumb, it’s a cut…with 5 minutes to go just fucking bandage and tape it. 
  • Options
    Lost the toss on a green wicket with recent rain. 

All out for under 200. 

Test over within 3 days.
    Yawn.......I hate being me sometimes.
    On this series that would be like predicting the night follows day.
  • Options
    61-1 at stumps. Trail by 124.
  • Options
    Attendance of 57,100. About half full. Even the Aussies can’t be arsed to go and watch.
  • Options
    333 all out 
    we can’t be shit forever 

this is the win or draw that gets me to my 3-1 loss prediction 
    Oh yes we can be shit forever 
    fuck optimism 
    Lily livered twats 
    Some genuine brain dead shots 

get Dan Lawrence in at least he might get 35 runs before he gives his wicket away 

apart from Root the batting is junk 

• Options

All out for under 200. 

Test over within 3 days.
    You got the lottery numbers Golfie
  • Options
    clb74 said:

All out for under 200. 

Test over within 3 days.
    You got the lottery numbers Golfie
    That’s like choosing the lottery numbers from only 7 balls - nothing amazing about that prediction 
  • Options
    I also hate when they say was out to last ball before lunch/tea when it is not the scheduled last ball.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    I also hate when they say was out to last ball before lunch/tea when it is not the scheduled last ball.
    I wish I could "like" this more than once.