Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Ashes 2021/22

Comments

• The scorecard literally says w0w.
  • Wow. What a pathetic excuse of a team. Embarrassing 
  • edited December 2021
    This is seriously depressing…  ECB need to put the toy that is the Hundred aside and start focusing back on red ball cricket.
    They won't for all the reasons I've said. Red ball batsmen with solid techniques under the age of 20 will not even get contracts at counties unless they can play in their sleep 360 degree white ball shots. In fact, how many red ball only contracted players are there because there are plenty of white ball only ones!
  • We are going to lose by an innings before lunch on the 3rd day. 

Just bring them all.home now. Forfeit the next 2 matches. 

• I've been pacing my drinking, expecting to be up for a decent length of time.

I've sped up
    Best neck it and go to bed.
  • Is a 21-ball six-fer the fastest ever?
  • Anderson off the mark, looks like Bradman compared to what’s happened in the last 15 minutes.
  • Leuth said:
    Is a 19-ball fivefer the fastest ever?
    Ties Broad's record!
  • 54 ducks in a calendar year equalling our own record. Abysmal.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Werent the Ashes born out of an English  cricketing disaster way back when ?

I think a new urn should be made to commemorate this abject display.
  • Never ever have I felt so embarrassed. I don't even think a Charlton squad has made me feel this low 
  • Dont know why Butler took that single.

Thinking about a not out perhaps. 
  • 68 all out.

Australia win by an innings & 14 runs. After scoring 267. Pitiful.
  • I think that is about the lowest England cricket can get. 
  • Sack the board
    Sack the board
    Sack the board 
  • TMS using the word "humiliation" a lot tonight. Fair.

It seems the Australian score of 267 is the second lowest score in history to result in an innings victory.
  • Never ever have I felt so embarrassed. I don't even think a Charlton squad has made me feel this low 
    Same

• 68 all out

SIXTY EIGHT!!!??????!!!!!!!!

England couldn't even last until lunchtime on day 3. 
  • What a joke of a team and a captain. Got it wrong from the very first call of the first test. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Its another collapse. Once Stokes & Root went then it was like dominoes. 
  • Hameed 0 & 7
    Crawley 12 & 5
    Malan 14 & 0
    Root 50 & 28
    Stokes 25 & 11
    Bairstow 35 & 5
    Buttler 3 & 5*
    Wood 6 & 0
    Robinson 22 & 0
    Leach 13 & 0
    Anderson 0* & 2
  • Unbroken, unbowed: Jos Buttler's doughty, brilliant 5* has justified his place for the next seven series
  • No point in playing at Hobart or wherever they are thinking for the 5th Test. NO  POINT  AT ALL.
  • edited December 2021
    Absolutely pathetic, even by standards of the extreme depths England test sides have managed to plumb historically. Abject. Utterly abject. 
  • Hameed 0 & 7
    Crawley 12 & 5
    Malan 14 & 0
    Root 50 & 28
    Stokes 25 & 11
    Bairstow 35 & 5
    Buttler 3 & 5*
    Wood 6 & 0
    Robinson 22 & 0
    Leach 13 & 0
    Anderson 0* & 2
    Incredible stuff.

Out of 22 knocks, 13 failed to get to double figures and 19 didn't get past 25.
  • Werent the Ashes born out of an English  cricketing disaster way back when ?

I think a new urn should be made to commemorate this abject display.
     A bigger Urn. Get all the English jokers ashes in it!
  • Fingers crossed for a COVID outbreak in the camp so we can cancel the last two tests. 
  • Check out my comment on the Club Cricket thread for a rumour, if true, will serve to confirm that money and quick cricket is now ruling the game
  • Meeley mouthed words Joe. Blah  blah blah
     Means jack shit.