Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match/Post-match (p16) Thread: FA Cup 1st Round: Charlton v Havant & Waterlooville : 6 November 2021

Comments

• I don't think he is a big tit. Maybe a bit frustrated. It is just we shouldn't be bothered about what he says really.
  • I don't think he is a big tit. Maybe a bit frustrated. It is just we shouldn't be bothered about what he says really.
    It’s the first round tho. Seems like his expectations might have been a little high
  • razil said:
    I don't think he is a big tit. Maybe a bit frustrated. It is just we shouldn't be bothered about what he says really.
    It’s the first round tho. Seems like his expectations might have been a little high
    I agree but not sure it should get under our skin what a non league manager says after a defeat.
  • A good friend does a stint on hospital radio (Kettering general) , and is on air when the draw is made tomorrow night, he is going to inform the inmates who the formidable Charlton draw to see if any body notices. 
  • Davison & Stockley did naff all with the ball in the first hour or so mainly because the midfield, apart from Kirk,  offered no penetration and the defence over hit long balls for Davison to run on to. None of Morgan, Clare or Arter can beat a man consistently and none of them tried to so it was easy for their defence to double up on CBT.

Lee and Watson certainly made a difference; I suspect a fair bit of that was down to them being cream crackered and our new-found dynamism through Lee in particular. CBT had much more space to attack their left-back one-to-one and left him for dead most of the time.

Davison’s trapping of the ball was very poor, he often had to chase after it after his first touch. Stockley took his penalty very well.

Morgan doesn’t look like he will make it at this level. He does seem worse than a couple of seasons ago which is a shame. 
  • Croydon said:
    Didn't realise the covered end was so empty. Hopefully we only play away for any subsequent rounds, as that attendance is embarrassing.
    Sod that, another home game against non league opposition will do nicely. I enjoyed the day, as I suspect did the others that made the effort. If others can’t be bothered to turn up that’s their loss but it wouldn’t surprise me if more do make the effort next round. A long distance away game, live on TV on a Friday night or the Sunday because of the chance of a giant killing and in a small ground that will only accommodate a couple of hundred away fans at most is what would look embarrassing
    Only because you rarely travel outside the M25 😉.
  • RedChaser said:
    Croydon said:
    Didn't realise the covered end was so empty. Hopefully we only play away for any subsequent rounds, as that attendance is embarrassing.
    Sod that, another home game against non league opposition will do nicely. I enjoyed the day, as I suspect did the others that made the effort. If others can’t be bothered to turn up that’s their loss but it wouldn’t surprise me if more do make the effort next round. A long distance away game, live on TV on a Friday night or the Sunday because of the chance of a giant killing and in a small ground that will only accommodate a couple of hundred away fans at most is what would look embarrassing
    With good reason, have you seen the sort of person you’re likely to bump into out there?
  • edited November 2021
    RedChaser said:
    Croydon said:
    With good reason, have you seen the sort of person you’re likely to bump into out there?
    Very harsh on @ElfsborgAddick & @clb74 they’re alright geezers if you buy them a beer 😉.
  • I don't think he is a big tit. Maybe a tit frustrated. It is just we shouldn't be bothered about what he says really.
    Amended that for you Muttley 
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:
    Presumably you didn't go?
  • Croydon said:
    No I was there. Just felt fairly crowded around my seat, so I assumed there more in the stand. 
  • Croydon said:
    Yesterday would have made a much better away game. Home cup ties are shite at an empty Valley, so I'd like to visit some new grounds instead. 

I'll be there either way, just stating preference.
  • Croydon said:
    Croydon said:
    No I was there. Just felt fairly crowded around my seat, so I assumed there more in the stand. 
    Crowded in the Covered End?
    Bloody hell, you could have got them all in my house.
  • cafctom said:
    Was at the game yesterday. 

Don’t have a great deal of sympathy for Havant regarding the attendance. They brought under 1000 down for what is one of the biggest cup games in their recent history.

They took 6,000 to Anfield in the past. I’m not saying I expect them to do the same for Charlton, but their turnout wasn’t exactly what it could have been.

And for those away fans who did make the trip, they spent half the game just trying to goad Charlton fans rather than sing about their own club. 

To the Havant manager - if you’re going to fuck about bringing on substitute goalkeepers to put up front then don’t expect fans to take the competition too seriously.
    That's because most of them were Pompey - went back up town with them yesterday.They were speaking more about there recent trip to the Valley with Pompey
  • Would like to see Kirk given a few more starts. The talent and energy is there - he just looks a bit ring rusty.
    Must also say what a tremendous goal from Burstow 
  • Rossman92 said:
    Croydon said:
    Reminder that we're Ball No.33 in the draw for the Second Round.

Buxton (L7) are the lowest team left in the competition but can yet be joined by Banbury (who are playing Barrow on ITV now) and Stratford Town who play tomorrow against Shewsbury.

Draw will be live on ITV during the game between Dag & Red v Salford on Monday night.

Dagenham & Redbridge away would be giid
    To stick with the ampersand theme, you’d presumably like Brighton & Hove Albion in the 3rd Round.
    Actually gutted that Hayes & Yeading and Bowers & Pitsea have been knocked out 
    It’s alright, they’ve still got the All England Solicitors Vase to go for. 
  • edited November 2021
    We bloody clapped them off the pitch?! Doswell the Dosser...
  • Sponsored links:

• Drab first half which we dominated possession wise without creating but H&W were happy to sit back and maybe get a free piece goal or a reply.
    Nice bit or arm chair punditry. 
  • Good battle @HWFCOfficial Best of luck for the rest of the season.

• Jayden Stockley Into double figures for the season 

• edited November 2021

• The tunnel jump tradition... Start 'em young 

imageimage

• From what I've seen of Kirk, my main concern is he doesn't seem to be able to hit the ball any faster than 10mph. I hope there is some unseen umph.
  • ross1 said:
    Team all look together and happy 😊