Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match/Post-match (p16) Thread: FA Cup 1st Round: Charlton v Havant & Waterlooville : 6 November 2021

Comments

• Where is it possible to watch the highlights of this? As far as I'm aware, the bbc don't bother with the early rounds, but maybe on iplayer?

I seen a bit from a  Havant fan on YouTube 
    https://youtu.be/wEmZ_mbWnEY
  • A very poor first half, poor passing and movement, and a lack of intensity against a well drilled side parked the bus. The lack of intensity from the off I REALLY didn't want us to display. An awful lot of speculative long shots too

We actually improved after Jacko bollocked them at half time, even before we made any subs. Yes the subs improved us, but it's slightly unfair to suggest that this was the only reason for the scoreline. Hawks were tired by that point, and had a player stretchered off at 0-0. The first goal was always likely to open the floodgates - it was a great time for a sub to come on and make an impact

A number of poor performers really.
    Arter, Morgan, Souare all failed to stake a claim to win their place back
    Famewo's passing was dreadful
    Davison was completely unthreatening other than his goal (which was an absolute sitter), and Stockley for most of the match was the lumbering player we saw until Adkins was sacked
    Kirk and CBT were ineffective until Hawks tired

Clare did fine playing the Gunter/Matthews right of the 3 role, but then he wasn't exactly tested defensively
  • edited November 2021
    Perfectly played by JJ. Gave the reserves an opportunity and then when they did not take it brought on Lee to change the game, which he did.

I thought only Clare, Arter and CBT of the reserves showed they might have something to offer the first team (although Burstow seems to know where the goal is). Giving Kirk 7 in the scores is very generous. He showed nothing first half, same passing back, weak shots as before. A bit better second half and sent over a good cross finally for Davison to score. Morgan sadly still seems to be going backwards and the difference between him and Lee is about two divisions. Time for a long loan two divisions down I think.
  • edited November 2021
    For those asking about highlights, keep an eye on the BBC Sport video page.

They're starting to appear now...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/fa-cup/video
  • I used to play football with Paul Doswells son...he said some stupid shit aswell. 

Werent that good either!!
  • Sponsored links:

• @Gribbo Why? Where’s the harm in it?
    Find it nauseating 
  • Would be interesting to see attendance across the board in the FA Cup today.
  • Would be interesting to see attendance across the board in the FA Cup today.
    A lot have already been recorded on Wikipedia if you click "show" against each fixture.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_FA_Cup

Going by that at present there are eight games (out of 40) that had a bigger attendance than us, so for the Manager to complain about not getting 10k fans, well its doubtful that would have happened anywhere.

Ipswich v Oldham had the biggest attendance, just over 8k
    Portsmouth v Harrow Borough saw just over 6k

Could have been worse; Boreham Wood v Eastleigh only had 931 fans there, and bet they wouldn't have had the Havant numbers attending that game like they did today either.
  • shirty5 said:

That’s because the Charlton team don’t do cups!!!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    Croydon said:
    Reminder that we're Ball No.33 in the draw for the Second Round.

Buxton (L7) are the lowest team left in the competition but can yet be joined by Banbury (who are playing Barrow on ITV now) and Stratford Town who play tomorrow against Shewsbury.

Draw will be live on ITV during the game between Dag & Red v Salford on Monday night.

Dagenham & Redbridge away would be giid
    Buxton away would be better.

P.S. @RedChaser it would have to be the Porsche - the limo is in fo service!
    Port vale away would be a nice shirt commute 😁
    Port vale away in the early 70s  was one to remember 
  • Shocking for about 70 mins with a mainly B team out, great save from Hendo kept us in it, 2 subs made, game turns on it’s head EL what a game changer = flattering score line.
  • edited November 2021
    Ball 33 in the second round draw on Monday 
    I used to prefer it when they didn't tell us, in advance, which club had which number; it lessens the suspense telling us. I look away from the screen so I don't know!
    I also read through a Charlton Life match thread (if I have not heard the final result) rather than go straight to BBC Sport for the score. 
    Anyone else as sad as I am?
  • RedChaser said:
    Where does Morgan go after this … the whole tram changed once he was replaced by Lee 
    You in Croydon then BB. Been watching the Nigel's 😲
    Yes, Nigel's old team.

• Oggy Red said:

Halifax 7 Maidenhead 4

That's what I'd call a Cup tie ...... 11 goal thriller!

The amazing thing was that there wasn't a single goal after the 73rd minute.
  • Oggy Red said:

Halifax 7 Maidenhead 4

That's what I'd call a Cup tie ...... 11 goal thriller!

The amazing thing was that there wasn't a single goal after the 73rd minute.
    4-3 in the First Half | 3-1 in the Second Half.
  • In regard to henderson how was his kicking and coming for what few crosses they had vs MacG? 
  • 1968CAFC said:
    Croydon said:
    Reminder that we're Ball No.33 in the draw for the Second Round.

Buxton (L7) are the lowest team left in the competition but can yet be joined by Banbury (who are playing Barrow on ITV now) and Stratford Town who play tomorrow against Shewsbury.

Draw will be live on ITV during the game between Dag & Red v Salford on Monday night.

Dagenham & Redbridge away would be giid
      I see some of our ambitious fans would like to play away at Buxton in the beautiful Peak District 
    a place I travel to most home games from.

but how about raising your sights a little bit higher to say away at Man City or Man United.
    😂😂😂😂😂👏
    I know there’s a crisis brewing at Man Ure but they aren’t in the second round yet