Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match/Post-match (p16) Thread: FA Cup 1st Round: Charlton v Havant & Waterlooville : 6 November 2021

Comments

• Thanks ForeverAddickted said:
    ross1 said:
    FT Sunderland 0 Mansfield 1
    Oops... they've lost all their games since they played us :D
    #CrocodileTears. 
  • Highlight show on
    motd tomorrow 
  • Cracking goal from Burstow. A real finisher’s finish. 
    Worth the admission price that goal 
  • Reminder that we're Ball No.33 in the draw for the Second Round.

Buxton (L7) are the lowest team left in the competition but can yet be joined by Banbury (who are playing Barrow on ITV now) and Stratford Town who play tomorrow against Shewsbury.

Draw will be live on ITV during the game between Dag & Red v Salford on Monday night.
    Salford on TV, there's a surprise. I wonder if they'll mention the Class of 92...
  • Oggy Red said:
    Thoroughly enjoyable second half, enlivened by the banter on this thread, thank you all.
    Indeed, NIA.

Rarely partake of this thread but thanks for having me (!) 
    Really enjoyed your company, Fanny  @Fanny Fanackapan

Did you ever manage to hear the game on the wireless?  :smile:

Thanks, Oggy.

Yes, only missed the first 15 mins or so but the link to audio from the tech lads made a difference.

Never listened in before. 

Wonder why I didn't see it on the Charlton TV page ?  :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Dullest 4-0 win ever  ;) To be fair, the last half hour was good,  but the first hour was a soulless grind of a match. Lee for Morgan was the difference. He really took the game by the scruff of the neck, and brought others into it. This was a big chance for Albi to impress the new boss, but he sleepwalked his way through it. Difficult to see were he goes from here. 
  • Gribbo said:
    What sportsmanship?
  • Where does Morgan go after this … the whole tram changed once he was replaced by Lee 
    Well Havant were looking for players....
  • edited November 2021
    Reminder that we're Ball No.33 in the draw for the Second Round.

Buxton (L7) are the lowest team left in the competition but can yet be joined by Banbury (who are playing Barrow on ITV now) and Stratford Town who play tomorrow against Shewsbury.

Draw will be live on ITV during the game between Dag & Red v Salford on Monday night.

Dagenham & Redbridge away would be giid
  • Where does Morgan go after this … the whole tram changed once he was replaced by Lee 
    We want to change that if we are playing away and have come to park the bus.
  • Croydon said:

Buxton away in the Peak District would be nice away... Very nice part of Derbyshire
  • How did Kirk play today? Big time signing that he is
  • How did Kirk play today? Big time signing that he is
    Sounds like he created the first goal
  • Croydon said:

To stick with the ampersand theme, you’d presumably like Brighton & Hove Albion in the 3rd Round.
  • Sponsored links:

• At work, seen many of them in recent years come to nothing, bit of a revenge for me as i saw them beat Ebbsfleet several weeks ago.  But got there in the end. Looking for another home time as shifts permitting i will be able to attend the next one.
  • Croydon said:

Buxton away in the Peak District would be nice away... Very nice part of Derbyshire
    Almost a home game for me 🤞😉
  • RedChaser said:
    Croydon said:

It would be a refreshing change for you then ;)
  • Croydon said:

To stick with the ampersand theme, you’d presumably like Brighton & Hove Albion in the 3rd Round.
    Actually gutted that Hayes & Yeading and Bowers & Pitsea have been knocked out 
  • RedChaser said:
    Croydon said:

It would be a refreshing change for you then ;)
    Glad you never poured cold water on it as @bobmunro could pick me up on the way through in his limo again 😉
  • Gribbo said:
    Yeah should boo and jeer them off, throw rotten tomatoes at them and heckle them right?
  • Jackson just making sure the job’s his 😉
  • Did happy valley predict his 4-0,?

No......but I did.
  • away to Yeovil please