Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match/Post-match (p16) Thread: FA Cup 1st Round: Charlton v Havant & Waterlooville : 6 November 2021

Comments

• edited November 2021
    Croydon said:
    Reminder that we're Ball No.33 in the draw for the Second Round.

Buxton (L7) are the lowest team left in the competition but can yet be joined by Banbury (who are playing Barrow on ITV now) and Stratford Town who play tomorrow against Shewsbury.

Draw will be live on ITV during the game between Dag & Red v Salford on Monday night.

Dagenham & Redbridge away would be giid
    Buxton away would be better.

P.S. @RedChaser it would have to be the Porsche - the limo is in fo service!
  • Think I might have to rethink my 4-0 prediction. 
    Nope
  • bobmunro said:
    Croydon said:

Buxton (L7) are the lowest team left in the competition but can yet be joined by Banbury (who are playing Barrow on ITV now) and Stratford Town who play tomorrow against Shewsbury.

Draw will be live on ITV during the game between Dag & Red v Salford on Monday night.

Do they do bottled water on tap?
  • Croydon said:

I see some of our ambitious fans would like to play away at Buxton in the beautiful Peak District 
    a place I travel to most home games from.

but how about raising your sights a little bit higher to say away at Man City or Man United.
    😂😂😂😂😂👏
  • You cant knock a 4-0 victory no matter who your opponents are in the FA Cup. Pleased that Deji hot his start after signing a contract I think he will be a great asset in future, Mason showed again what potential he has. Lee made the difference when he came on, if he stays with us after January and doesnt get injured I honestly think we will make the playoffs, hi is our link up man that just keeps everything moving forwards. Tuesday night will be interesting to see who starts, will we go with the fringe players again or youth ? 
  • JJ: "I thought it was a tough game. I thought Havant made it very difficult for us in the first-half but I was disappointed with us in the first-half." @BBCLondonSport #cafc

— Louis Mendez (@LouisMend) November 6, 2021

JJ: "I don't mind admitting I was a little bit relieved when the first went in. At 0-0 or even at 1-0 they're only one chance away from putting you under real pressure." @BBCLondonSport #cafc

• Sponsored links:

• bobmunro said:
    Croydon said:

Port vale away would be a nice shirt commute 😁
  • Paul Doswell: "Incredibly proud of the performance. 73 minutes at 0-0, we start dreaming of a replay at home." #coyh #cafc

Paul Doswell: "A brilliant 73 minutes and then 17 minutes of despair. I think it flatters Charlton, they deserve to win but it flatters them."#coyh #cafc

Paul Doswell: "I've spent many years watching England trying to break down Luxembourg etc" when talking about how he tried to set them up today #coyh

Paul Doswell: "Really disappointed with the Charlton support today. We were hoping for 10,000 but it wasn't many. For them not to turn up and support us as well.... Clubs like us rely on finances and teams like Charlton putting together a decent crowd."#coyh #cafc

Paul Doswell: "I was stunned at the crowd today. I thought it was terrible."#coyh #cafc

Paul Doswell: "I think Johnnie Jackson has done a tremendous job here. I think there's enough here to make the play-offs" #coyh #cafc

• 1968CAFC said:
    Croydon said:

I see some of our ambitious fans would like to play away at Buxton in the beautiful Peak District 

but how about raising your sights a little bit higher to say away at Man City or Man United.
    😂😂😂😂😂👏
    Are they in the second round?
    No but the idea is to win the second round 
    at the Valley 😂😂😂😂👍👍👍👍
  • edited November 2021
    Funny... @ValleyGary said something first half to this extent... ;)

Paul Doswell: "I've spent many years watching England trying to break down Luxembourg etc" when talking about how he tried to set them up today #coyh

• Funny... @ValleyGary said something first half to this extent... ;)

Thank you Paul!
  • bobmunro said:
    Croydon said:

Port vale away would be a nice shirt commute 😁
    Buxton or Burslem - let me think about that!
  • That there is the key thing missing for Albie. Lee on, incisive passing and two good opportunities created. Then wins a penalty. Two goals in five minutes that wouldn’t have been scored with Albie on the pitch.
    He certainly needs to learn from Lee and fast.
  • edited November 2021
    It was what it was, a good training session against Havant a clue, we had the possession but not penetration first half but we tired them out. Second half we stepped up but like the big bad wolf, arter and morgan huffed and puffed but couldn’t blow the house down. Lee came on, they were knackered, so it was a double whammy. Game over. The young lad Burstow’s goal was class and he needs to be pushed to see if it was a one-off or how good he is. Play him some more.
  • Sponsored links:

• Did happy valley predict his 4-0,?

No......but I did.
    You're not going to get the credit now, Golfie.
    You renounced your forecast the 1st time Havant got over the halfway line.

You can't keep changing your mind like a kiddie in the sweetshop, you know ....... :wink::smile:

• kentred2 said:
    Awful turn out. 
    The away fans sang “youre supposed to be at home” …… the trouble was that’s where the majority of the Charlton fans were!!!
    I was surrounded by a lot of people who had just bought tickets because they wanted to see an FA Cup game. They went away happy. 
  • 1968CAFC said:
    Croydon said:

😂😂😂😂😂👏
    Have you been to old Trafford? Soulless.
  • Ball 33 in the second round draw on Monday 
  • Where is it possible to watch the highlights of this? As far as I'm aware, the bbc don't bother with the early rounds, but maybe on iplayer?

• kentred2 said:
    Awful turn out. 
    The away fans sang “youre supposed to be at home” …… the trouble was that’s where the majority of the Charlton fans were!!!
    Yeah, they were at home watching on the radio.

• Dazzler21 said:
    1968CAFC said:
    Croydon said:

😂😂😂😂😂👏
    Dazzler21 said:  
    1968CAFC said:
    Croydon said:

😂😂😂😂😂👏
        What’s Soulless about Sharing Half of the 70000 plus gate money 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂