Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Men's T20 World Cup 2021

Comments

• Options
    Oh, Jase ! 

What have you done ! 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    It was a bit bizarre for the first ball of the match
  • Options
    Good to see that Warner is struggling for form - again. Out today for asingle against India, he has 3 runs in his last 4 innings
  • Options
    Malan proving AA wrong with 8 from 8  at moment
  • Options
    Good to see that Warner is struggling for form - again. Out today for asingle against India, he has 3 runs in his last 4 innings
    And as Australia are in our group, the even better news is that they are 11-3
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Malan proving AA wrong with 8 from 8  at moment
    10 off 10 now. Buttler is struggling by contrast with 31 off 15
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    And there you have it.

11 off 15 (7 dots), almost all of the balls in the Power Play with only two fielders out and plays a shocking shot to get out. So now has 29 off 33 balls in the two warm up games

World's number one T20 bat my arse!!!!
  • Options
    I would rather see Moeen at 3, Bairstow 4, Lawrence 5, Morgan 6 and Billings 7
  • Options
    Add Malan to the list of players that must look sensational in the nets.

A valid option for ODI’s. Far to slow for T20.
  • Options
    Morgan's form/luck continues
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Who can play the spinners best, that's the key question. 

Indeed Root's off spin would have been useful
  • Options
    Buttler 73 off 51
    The rest 23 off 32
  • Options
    This really is pretty shambolic
  • Options
    These are not pitches for the reverse sweep. It's a risk/reward shot anyway but on pitches where the ball is keeping low and sticking there is infinitely more of a risk than reward. 
  • Options
    Ooh Bairstow is angry "how the fxxx is that not a no ball???"

Smashes his bat into the ground and then hits the next ball out of the park
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    I would rather see Moeen at 3, Bairstow 4, Lawrence Livingstone 5, Morgan 6 and Billings 7
    This innings from Billings confirms it. Bairstow batted with confidence in both matches, Moeen has done very well in the IPL at 3 or 4 and is no stranger to the role on these wickets, Lawrence Livingstone has to stay in because of his bowling on these tracks so, unless the skipper drops himself, Malan has to go.

• Options
    This innings from Billings confirms it. Bairstow batted with confidence in both matches, Moeen has done very well in the IPL at 3 or 4 and is no stranger to the role on these wickets, Lawrence has to stay in because of his bowling on these tracks so, unless the skipper drops himself, Malan has to go.

think you mean Livingstone not Lawrence?
  • Options
    This innings from Billings confirms it. Bairstow batted with confidence in both matches, Moeen has done very well in the IPL at 3 or 4 and is no stranger to the role on these wickets, Lawrence has to stay in because of his bowling on these tracks so, unless the skipper drops himself, Malan has to go.

think you mean Livingstone not Lawrence?
    I keep bloody doing that!!!! And yes I do of course
  • Options
    And Billings adds another dimension to the fielding as evidenced by that run out
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    LIVINGSTONE needs to concentrate on bowling the leggie to the right hander and off spin to the left hander with the opposite ball being the surprise one. Rather than the liquorice all sorts he serves up  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not watching, but 4-23 from Wood is a superb effort
  • Options
    To be fair they didn't score a single boundary off of Malan's bowling 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    To be fair they didn't score a single boundary off of Malan's bowling 
    That's because Malan has a reciprocal arrangement with the opposition
  • Options
    Nabi with some of the most outrageous figures I've ever seen, albeit in a warm-up
  • Options
    I doubt that this will be the team for Saturday's first game but it is the one I would pick:

Roy
    Buttler
    Moeen Ali
    Bairstow
    Livingstone
    Morgan
    Billings
    Willey
    Adil Rashid
    Wood
    Mills

This leaves out Malan, Tom Curran, Jordan and Woakes
  • Options
    Woakes for Morgan imo
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Woakes for Morgan imo
    A good shout but I didn't do that because I just think dropping your captain before the first game in the WC is too much of a boost to the opposition. Woakes has also gone for a few in these two games
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Nabi with some of the most outrageous figures I've ever seen, albeit in a warm-up
    Who?
    which match - not got all the scorecards on bbc sport 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Leuth said:
    Who?
    which match - not got all the scorecards on bbc sport 

https://www.espncricinfo.com/series/icc-men-s-t20-world-cup-warm-up-matches-2021-22-1282497/afghanistan-vs-west-indies-warm-up-1282512/full-scorecard

4-2-2-3
  • Options
    Yeah, not too shabby….