Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Men's T20 World Cup 2021

Comments

• In danger of getting ahead of myself and at risk of jinxing it. But... if we are chasing a low total it could be perfectly set for Malan to anchor it.

Also would get Morgan in early for an opportunity to find some form with relatively low pressure 
    Agree about Malan.
    But I wouldn't tinker with the batting line-up. 
  • 49-9

Has anyone ever seen such brainless cricket?

• 49-9

Has anyone ever seen such brainless cricket?

Not since my Phoenix days 25 years ago ...
  • edited October 2021
    Some of the easiest catches I’ve seen in a single innings 

Some good ones as well mind you
  • Chris Silverwood sitting there with his smug head on.
  • The Windies players need to have a long look at themselves. 150 would probably win them the game on this pitch. 120 might and you can get that mostly pushing singles. But 60 definitely won't. 
  • Chris Silverwood sitting there with his smug head on.
    Only because he knows that chasing 56, we can afford Malan to be 15 not out off 50 balls!
  • Sponsored links:

• The Windies players need to have a long look at themselves. 150 would probably win them the game on this pitch. 120 might and you can get that mostly pushing singles. But 60 definitely won't. 
    And deffo not 55.
  • 55 all out.
    We've had worse days
  • Rashid on an absolute other level. Magician. 
  • edited October 2021
    In danger of getting ahead of myself and at risk of jinxing it. But... if we are chasing a low total it could be perfectly set for Malan to anchor it.

Also would get Morgan in early for an opportunity to find some form with relatively low pressure 
    Morgan and Malan are batting at 6 and 7 respectively! Says it all that we don't think Malan can bat at 3 because he might not score quick enough to chase 56 in 20 overs!
    As I say

39-4

• 6 runs required from 72 deliveries.

It's a nail-biting ending ...
  • We obviously dropped Malan down the order because we wanted to boost our NRR which qualifying for the semi final might rest on. Totally disrespectful to do that to the World Number One T20 batsman though.
  • West Indies are a dangerous side, but we gave them an absolute trouncing today. Close to humiliation. There was also nothing in the other match that should have England worried. Neither side in the South Africa Australia match looked world class. All-round, a very, very good start. And, with players still to come back in, we're looking incredibly strong. 
  • Handbags in the Bangladesh Sri Lanka match!
  • Chizz said:
    Handbags in the Bangladesh Sri Lanka match!
    I posted it on the wrong thread but I thought a punch had been thrown. It hadn't but there was plenty of pushing and shoving. I rather think disciplinary action will follow
  • Sponsored links:

• Shakib out, might be game on here
  • SL's best bowler, Hasaranga, has yet to bowl. It will be interesting to see how Bangladesh deal with him
  • SL's best bowler, Hasaranga, has yet to bowl. It will be interesting to see how Bangladesh deal with him
    With contempt is the answer
  • I reckon  Bangladesh will win this game. 
    Both Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are capable of causing an upset in our group.
  • Sri Lanka won't get near this score is my prediction
  • SL will need 172. Can't see that happening
  • This is a much better track. But how can you have a ground where it is 52m to one area and 80m plus to another?
  • Brilliant innings by Sri Lanka
  • Pakistan have won the toss and inserted India. I doubt that there will be much interest around the world in this game though.
  • McBobbin said:
    Sri Lanka won't get near this score is my prediction
    McBobbin said:
    SL will need 172. Can't see that happening

Well hush my mouth!