Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Men's T20 World Cup 2021

Comments

• Options
    My next prediction is that Pakistan will win this... Though I'd wait until they were 101 without loss to make that
  • Options
    Well that is an absolute thrashing. And the first time India have lost a T20 international by 10 wickets too.
  • Options
    India and man U getting pumped in.a day is something I like
  • Options
    Further thoughts on the WC so far and specifically as the influence of the toss and success rate of those batting second is concerned

The winner of the toss is indicated by ** and the winner  of the game is in bold:

151-7 v 152-0**
    171-4 v 172-5**
    55-10 v 56-4**
    118-9 v 121-5**
    44-10 v 45-0**
    125-8** v 126-2
    122-10** v 123-2
    181-7** 
    v 97-10
    171-7 v 101-10**
    164-4 v 166-4**
    153-10** 
    v 127-9
    165-9** v 148-10
    96-10 v 100-3**
    106-10 v 107-3**
    140-9 v 134-7**
    129-9 v 131-0**

From the results:

(1) The winner of the match has been the side batting second in 11 of the 16 games including all of the 4 Super Sixes matches to date and all of the last 7 games. All of the 11 wins by those sides batting second were won by a minimum of 5 wickets and 7 of those sides won by 7 wickets or more

(2) Of the 11 sides that elected to bat second, only two lost - one was Ireland against Sri Lanka and the other was Bangladesh who lost by just 6 runs to Scotland

(3) Of the 5 sides that elected to bat first, 3 won - Bangladesh against Oman, Bangladesh against PNG and Scotland against PNG

(4) 12 of the 16 sides winning the toss also won the match 

Historically, the Betfair Exchange has always shortened the odds for the winner of the toss and the Bookies have also reacted accordingly. The Sky experts have always discussed the toss and why a side might have elected to bat or field, I'm not sure, though, that they will want to major on the influence of the toss if the results continue as they have done. And they will probably be praying that they don't do so because who wants a World Cup decided on the toss of a coin?  

• Options
    Good stuff as ever AA
  • Options
    The record between India and Pakistan at World Cups was ridiculously one sided before today, it makes our record against Millwall look decent!

India had won every meeting between the sides at World Cups before this. In Dubai, "29 years of hurt" were ended.
    Losing to your biggest rivals once at a World Cup hurts.
    Doing so 12 times, a run going back to 1992, without being able to strike a blow of your own must be gut-wrenching.
  • Options
    A few other stats from today's India/Pakistan clash. Due to the massive divide between the two countries on an international level and the fact that they don't play in their respective franchises, prior to this game, India's batsmen had faced a total of 26 deliveries from bowlers in the Pakistan squad while Pakistan batsmen had faced a total of 150 balls from their Indian counterparts. This was also the first time that Jasprit Bumrah had ever bowled against Babar Azam in a T20.

One can only imagine, for example, how many thousands of balls, by comparison, the likes of Bairstow, Buttler, Roy. Morgan, Moeen Ali etc etc have been delivered in international T20s and the IPL by Indian bowlers.
  • Options
    The journalist asking that question has now gone into hiding due to the fear of reprisals against him
  • Options
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Afghanistan win the toss and elect to bat. Interesting given the recent results but they are obviously confident that they can get enough runs on the board and defend that total with their world class spinners.

Scotland his a high of 4.5 and a low of 3.75 but currently sit at 3.90, a reflection of Afghanistan's decision to bat.
  • Options
    Surprised to see no space for Qais in Afghanistan's squad
  • Options
    Afghanistan really tucking in here, despite a couple of short runs
  • Options
    Lovely to watch this from Afghanistan
  • Options
    Most of his recent returns have been against the lesser cricketing nations but, even so, as with all of Mark Watt's efforts, he bowled superbly today especially taking into account Afghanistan's total of 190-4

Watt's figures have been:

4-0-23-1- (Afghanistan)
    4-0-23-1 (Oman)
    4-0-23-1 (PNG)
    4-0-19-1 (Bangladesh)
    4-0-34-2 (Namibia)
    3.5-0-10-4 (Netherlands)
    4-0-11-2 (Namibia)

Total: 27.5-0-143-12

• Options
    Can't see Scotland even getting close to that.
  • Options
    Calum MacLeod sent in at 3 as he is a very good sweeper and has scored a ton against Afghanistan before

Out LBW first ball
  • Options
    I'm annoyed Scotland are in the other side of the draw. We still owe them one
  • Options
    Mujeeb  <3
  • Options
    Mujeeb 3 wickets in the same over
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I had a small interest in Afghanistan before the tournament began at 80 on Betfair simply because of the nature of these wickets and their bowling attack. You can still get 40 plus on them. Assuming they beat Namibia, they will still need to defeat two from India, Pakistan and NZ to make the semis but given that they will have won, following this game, 17 T20 internationals at this ground on the bounce, that isn't totally out of the question.
  • Options
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    Not sure if there is an IPL thread, but two new teams from next year

Look at the prices they have paid for the franchises

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59043141
  • Options
    Jockistan  38 for 6
    Sorry to all our Scottish fans.
    😁😁😁
  • Options
    Can always count on the Jocks to be more shit than we are!

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Not sure if there is an IPL thread, but two new teams from next year

Look at the prices they have paid for the franchises

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/59043141
    Ridiculous figures which makes it even more ridiculous that people like me question why an England player wants to sit on his backside out there

And I bet, Covid willing, Ahmedabad sells out every single one of their 132,000 seats!

Still we have something much better than that and is the envy of the hierarchy in India. It's called The Hundred.
  • Options
    Mujeeb 5 fer
  • Options
    I'm not sure how they worked out the qualifying rules but our side of the draw seems to have more decent teams than the other. Like the football WC where the 3rd side in a group of 4 is a South American side like Mexico when other groups get a Middle East side like Sudai Arabia.
  • Options
    Combined figures for Mujeeb and Rashid: 6.2-0-29-9

If you can't read these two out of the hand then you have to try and play them off the pitch but they are too quick to do that. So the next option is the sweep and reverse sweep but on these pitches that is a very risky option
  • Options
    Bit of an imbalance in the groups. Potential banana skins from the qualifiers in Group A in the form of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka, especially on these pitches whereas the likes of Scotland (notwithstanding the fact that they did beat Bangladesh) and Namibia really should not offer the same sort of threat. "Should" being the operative word:

A
    Australia
    England
    South Africa
    West Indies
    Bangladesh
    Sri Lanka

B
    Afghanistan
    India
    New Zealand
    Pakistan 
    Namibia
    Scotland
    That's especially clear when you look at the net run rates of the 4 qualifying teams

Sri Lanka 3.754            Scotland 0.775
    Namibia -0.523           Bangladesh 1.733

Scotland did brilliantly to beat Bangladesh and win the group, but 9 times out of 10 you'd expect them to lose that match

I'm not sure how they worked out the qualifying rules but our side of the draw seems to have more decent teams than the other. Like the football WC where the 3rd side in a group of 4 is a South American side like Mexico when other groups get a Middle East side like Sudai Arabia.
    It's because Scotland managed to win their qualifying group. If Bangladesh had beaten them, as you would expect 9 times out of 10, we'd have had Scotland instead of Bangladesh