Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Men's T20 World Cup 2021

Comments

• Options
    I like the format. Let the weaker teams fight it out first as part of the tournament. In a way create a tournament within a tournament. 
  • Options
    Blimey - Curtis Campher has just taken 4 wickets in 4 balls for Ireland against the Netherlands 
  • Options
    Blimey - Curtis Campher has just taken 4 wickets in 4 balls for Ireland against the Netherlands 
    Unbelievable! Was hoping ten doeschate would score big, but what bowling
  • Options
    I can't think of the Dutcher name than Max O'Dowd
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I first saw him play a couple of years ago in the European T10 when he just smashed it. Today is the sort of innings that all teams will need from someone - 51* (45) out of 86-6
  • Options
    I see Qais Ahmad hasn't even made the Afghanistan squad - just goes to show how strong their spin department is
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    I first saw him play a couple of years ago in the European T10 when he just smashed it. Today is the sort of innings that all teams will need from someone - 51* (45) out of 86-6
    I really am the kiss of death. O'Dowd is out two balls later without adding to his score
  • Options
    Netherlands finish on 106 all out off 20 overs

Adair 3-9 off 4 
    Campher 4-12 off 4

• Options
    Ireland did very well there. I'm supposed to be preparing for a meeting
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2021
    First innings scores so far (including warm up games and all off 20 overs)

PNG 129-9
    Scotland 140-9
    Ireland 109-10
    West Indies 130-7
    South Africa 145-5

One suspects that South Africa wouldn't have got that many had Afghanistan not chosen to rest Rashid Khan.

In many respects, I actually prefer these low scores but the batsmen with the strong techniques score runs rather than the ones who just swing through the line of the ball and who have honed their game against the bowling machine and through range hitting

• Options
    Yeah it's intriguing, but one good partnership can take the game away, but so far that ahsnt been happening. Be interested to see the start that Ireland make now, Stirling can whack it.
  • Options
    He's a beefy lad
  • Options
    Crap start, all these extras. 
  • Options
    I see Qais Ahmad hasn't even made the Afghanistan squad - just goes to show how strong their spin department is
    Internal politics alas. Serial wasteman and failure Gulbadin Naib is back. Taliban influence already showing imo
  • Options
    Ireland in total control of this game 
  • Options
    Do we think that the parents of South Africa's opening bowler, Mr & Mrs Fortuin, deliberately named their son Bjorn?

Shame he changed his name to Imaad (meaning pillar of strength) following his conversion to Islam because he was priceless before.
  • Options
    Parents hardly ever name their children by accident.
  • Options
    That being the case how does one explain a friend of mine with the surname "Brain" being called "Peter". Being saddled with "P Brain" can't have been much fun for him! 
  • Options
    No but they probably named him Peter on purpose without realising the implications. I did work with somebody who had the surname Hiscock who told me that up to the day of the christening of their son they were going to call their son Phillip, until it was pointed out Phil Hiscock was not a great name to have.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    India won the toss and England are batting. Roy and Buttler at the crease
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    An excellent total of 188-5

Everyone chipped in but Bairstow was the glue with 49 off 36, Moeen Ali was the brilliant finisher with 43 off 20 and Malan, the so called World's best T20 batsman, did what Malan does best - 18 off 18 balls, with half of those faced in the Power Play with only two out, made up of 3 fours, 6 singles and 9 dot balls 
  • Options
    I've never seen a worse 4 balls get wickets :D 
  • Options
    I once took 5 for 14 and won the champagne moment of the season for the worst 5fer in club history.

First ball slipped out and went behind the batsmen's shoulder blades for 5 no balls, next ball I surprised him with a straight one that he dollied back to me off the leading edge  :)
  • Options
    I think that's a tad harsh - two of them for sure weren't great (the strangle down the leg side and the wide half volley which VDM threw his hands at) weren't great but the two LBWs were hardly bad balls were they? Both to new batsmen, stump to stump and enough movement to beat the bat. The fact that both batsmen were falling over and getting their heads outside the line doesn't make them bad wickets in my opinion. 
  • Options
    I once took 5 for 14 and won the champagne moment of the season for the worst 5fer in club history.

First ball slipped out and went behind the batsmen's shoulder blades for 5 no balls, next ball I surprised him with a straight one that he dollied back to me off the leading edge  :)
    that still leaves 4 ....

• Options
    MrOneLung said:

that still leaves 4 ....

one was a donkey hop
  • Options
    3 of the other 4 were catches from not great shots, but I earned the left hander I bowled, set him up with a few that seamed away and then bowled him through the gate with the one that went straight on
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Austin Healey's (England rugger player) parents knew that for sure...😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    edited October 2021

I think undeserved wickets are more satisfying than earning them, just because you know how seething the batsman will be as he trudges back!