Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

ULEZ Checker

Comments

• The only answer to all things bad is to reduce the world's population by about 50 %.
    Then we could all live happily for the next 100 years. 

Can I start with Croydon. 

All other suggestions appreciated 

Sorry...not true
    It's how we live, not how many of us, that is the problem 
  • The only answer to all things bad is to reduce the world's population by about 50 %.

Liverpool
  • Apologies for not engaging with the joking spirit of that message
  • Gribbo said:
    The only answer to all things bad is to reduce the world's population by about 50 %.

Norfolk

;)
    North Wales.

whilst we are at it, let’s do South Wales as well.

And Scotland.
  • Gribbo said:
    The only answer to all things bad is to reduce the world's population by about 50 %.

Norfolk

;)
    North Wales.

whilst we are at it, let’s do South Wales as well.

And Scotland.
    Fark itttt - Everywhere north of Watford
  • Gribbo said:

Mate's Mrs (They're in Slade Green) is still waiting for Certificate of Conformity from Mercedes as her car is over the required age for diesel cars to comply, but emits under the required amount of NOx. She's been waiting a couple of months and called them last week, to be told they're working through a backlog. I understand it's the same story at the next hurdle regarding getting it processed by TFL. Meantime, the car is sat in their parking bay, while they work out a route for her to get to her jobs without going past a camara. Apparently it's do'able in Slade Green

There will be mobile cameras operating to catch drivers where journeys are within the expanded zone.
  • Crusty54 said:
    Gribbo said:

Mate's Mrs (They're in Slade Green) is still waiting for Certificate of Conformity from Mercedes as her car is over the required age for diesel cars to comply, but emits under the required amount of NOx. She's been waiting a couple of months and called them last week, to be told they're working through a backlog. I understand it's the same story at the next hurdle regarding getting it processed by TFL. Meantime, the car is sat in their parking bay, while they work out a route for her to get to her jobs without going past a camara. Apparently it's do'able in Slade Green

There will be mobile cameras operating to catch drivers where journeys are within the expanded zone.
    Cheers, I'll pass on the good news.
  • Sponsored links:

• shirty5 said:
    There was a guy being interviewed in Bromley High Street yesterday for one of the lesser  channels. Basically paraphrasing him, "People voted for  mayors, they also voted Conservative at general elections.  If you  didn't want ULEZ, tough you lost get over it.  Thats democracy."
    It made me laugh, obviously aimed as a piece to rile the viewers up.
    My personal feelings to ULEZ, its here now, the government are reluctant to do anything as they don't want to appear to back track on green issues once again and by the time of the next election none of the main parties will be talking about it. Any costs incurred by businesses will be passed on. And it will be rolled out across many more towns and cities. 

Carry on ULEZ with Dr Nookey
    Jim Dale! How amusing. He is the guy that is quite happy to provide quotes (paid?) to the Daily Express giving dire warnings about long term forecasts for the summer or winter weather to frighten the gullible readers.  (Which kind of contradicts what the Met Office says about the reliability of long-range forecasts!) He probably has some credibility - he's not a complete fruit-loop like fellow meteorologist Piers Corbyn but you pays your money and you takes you choice.
  • Rothko said:
    My own very personal view is that London (and most UK cities) would be hugely improved by taking the car out of them, always think of the best European cities were they are pedestrian focused and the public spaces are great. 
    not *that* long ago cities like utrecht in the netherlands went out of their way to pedestrianise and plant urban trees in their cities. It transformed them into really pleasant places. 
    Utrecht is fcking lovely tbf
  • It's not just boomers.... pretty much everybody in the "developed world" and of adult age now is likely to be judged by history as part of an age of excess and over indulgence that led to the suffering of future humans....

Radical changes are needed to avoid it...and ULEZ ain't that radical, lol 

Well, exactly. If you think ULEZ is infringing on your life then you’ve seen nothing yet.
  • I’m not gonna chuck my litter in that bin twenty paces away, why should I?
    It’s gonna cost me in wear and tear on my shoes, and the expense of the food needed to make the effort.
    Litter bins hit the poorest the hardest.
  • There’s an election in 9 months, my pragmatic head suggests that The Mayor knows he’s got enough support on this or he wouldn’t have launched the plan so close to it. 

For all that are anti it, luckily this is a democracy still and you have your chance to vote on it come May 24. Assuming all that ill feeling is indeed from Londoners. 
  • Vote?
    Are we allowed to discuss politics on this main section?
  • Croydon said:

Can I start with Croydon

Harsh. I've barely said anything on this thread 
    Sorry mate.
    Love you really. 
  • It's not just boomers.... pretty much everybody in the "developed world" and of adult age now is likely to be judged by history as part of an age of excess and over indulgence that led to the suffering of future humans....

Well, exactly. If you think ULEZ is infringing on your life then you’ve seen nothing yet.
    What do you predict will happen then?

Anyone with opposing views to him / her, or anyone of boomer age will be rounded up and set on fire. 

Remember the dummy got spat out and I was called a racist by him / her, because i said I don't like Stormzy's music. Something about "wolf whistle to a racist if you don't like urban music" was the term used
  • Sponsored links:

• edited September 2023
    It's not just boomers.... pretty much everybody in the "developed world" and of adult age now is likely to be judged by history as part of an age of excess and over indulgence that led to the suffering of future humans....

as i said, much harsher penalties on all carbon emitting machines. We're basically passed the tipping point on global warming, we'll need to act much harder and faster to counter act it. Otherwise our children and grandchildren are going to be dealing with a global mass migration and disastrous event on a larger level than the bronze age collapse and the dark ages (and guess who the history books will blame).

Id like to see all you planet killers end up paying 50p for a plastic bag so Neymar can fly a Boeing747 with about 3 people on board to sign his 2 million quid a week deal.

Id like to see all you planet killers end up paying 50p for a plastic bag so Neymar can fly a Boeing747 with about 3 people on board to sign his 2 million quid a week deal.
    no doubt we're going to see some daily mail articles saying a "hack" to "get round ULEZ" is to buy a ULEZ compliant vehicle. Much like they said a way to "get round the plastic bag tax" was to... bring your own bag.

Good old manufactured outrage.

as i said, much harsher penalties on all carbon emitting machines. We're basically passed the tipping point on global warming, we'll need to act much harder and faster to counter act it. Otherwise our children and grandchildren are going to be dealing with a global mass migration and disastrous event on a larger level than the bronze age collapse and the dark ages (and guess who the history books will blame).
    Fuck being stuck in a lift with you.

no doubt we're going to see some daily mail articles saying a "hack" to "get round ULEZ" is to buy a ULEZ compliant vehicle. Much like they said a way to "get round the plastic bag tax" was to... bring your own bag.

Good old manufactured outrage.
    Yea they could always just stop making the plastic bags rather than charging for them. That would force you to take a bag. 30p doesn't make me carry my bag for life everywhere I go.
  • The ULEZ might be a noble idea in principle, but you can see why people are against it, because it seems to have ulterior motives and is poorly timed. Brought in when the cost of living is sky high and new cars are not being manufactured fast enough with the knock on effect of higher second-hand cars. A double edged sword for those without deep pockets. How one in nine vehicles causes so much pollution surprises me. And if it is 1 in 9, you can see the trend. The older polluting cars aren't going to last forever - save for a few classics. Give a few more years, what would it be? 1 in 20?
    I've got an old car that has to be replaced, which I would have done in time, but I have now got to pay an inflated rate for a newer one. I've also had to get rid of a motorhome I had as Khan jacked up the charge for using it daily from £100 to £300. So, a trip in that was going to be adding £600.... A rarely used leisure vehicle.
  • edited September 2023
    It's not just boomers.... pretty much everybody in the "developed world" and of adult age now is likely to be judged by history as part of an age of excess and over indulgence that led to the suffering of future humans....

What does this mean in practice ? Do you mean all cars or are you alluding to something else?
  • edited September 2023

Height or numbers? Are you exempt if the former? 🤷🏻‍♂️😉