Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Barclay

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    bobmunro said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Smithy said:
    I took Barclay's tweet to mean the stadium is a big reason why no one else would invest, and I suppose that would include himself. 
    I think that’s always going to be a problem unfortunately. If Thomas wants to get backing he’ll either have to buy the freeholds first, or find someone who’ll buy them with him as part of the deal.
    Absolutely - although there is a yellow-toothed impediment to achieving that.

I'm sure it would be achievable with a realistic valuation of the assets.

The age old problem. Maybe his heirs will be less greedy/unrealistic. 
  • Options
    T_C_E said:
    Ive met a few of the names mentioned and above while I have to say I dont agree with everything they say or how they go about saying it, that doesn't make them bad people/right wing or any other name mentioned. For example NLA, probably the nicest guy you'll ever meet, but the occasion he turned up at my house my wife and I looked at each other thinking "we need a bigger dog"
    Yes, he looks intimidating but when I was struggling with events around the Eltham Nick saga he was there helping me through even though he he was fighting his own legal battles.
    These guys including Dodger are passionate about the club and may not relay it in the the same terms as you and I or be as eloquent as the local vicar, but that doesn't make them bad people, as in my recent meeting with the club owner which more and more people seem to know about every time I attend the Valley, Dodger was on the phone every other day offer advice and support.
    To this day as much as I didn't want to think it, he appears to have been correct and a certain individual is still at the club.
    To balance this up, I often see tweets from the club and think "please dont" but that doesn't make me want to reply abusively, I just wince and scroll on by. 
    Lifes to F****** short to get caught up in this crap, if you dont like what's said or how its said, scroll on by imagine the thread is Entitled "Sponsorship for TCE" and it'll disappear quicker than a Palarse fan on the Old Kent Road.
    Ray

Agreed - D is a top man.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!