Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Andrew Barclay

Comments

• One thing I do find ironic is alot of people in this thread with disparaging comments about 'Charlton twitter' are actually very active on twitter threads. Wouldn't that make them part of the Charlton twitter?

• edited February 2022
    leefender said:
    One thing I do find ironic is alot of people in this thread with disparaging comments about 'Charlton twitter' are actually very active on twitter threads. Wouldn't that make them part of the Charlton twitter?

I’m on Twitter. Think I’ve tweeted about Charlton twice in 5/6 years.
  • leefender said:
    One thing I do find ironic is alot of people in this thread with disparaging comments about 'Charlton twitter' are actually very active on twitter threads. Wouldn't that make them part of the Charlton twitter?

Only if they are dickheads on there.  
  • leefender said:

Same as people posting about how terrible Charlton life is on Charlton life

I tweet and think twitter is great but it has some idiots and trolls.

I post on Charlton life and think it's great but it has some idiots and trolls.

Admin are much better on CL so less abuse but twitter never steal promotes.

BTW in case anyone still doesn't realise the Henry Irving 10 on twitter is a troll, not me.

@Benhayes77 if your interested
    I’ll take a look. Is the museum on there as well? 😉

The same group of trolls on Twitter describe CL as a cesspit, when of course, it’s nothing of the sort. It’s the old Goebels playbook. If you lie, make it a big one. Repeat it often enough and it becomes the truth. 
  • edited February 2022
    JamesSeed said:
    I’m on Twitter and don’t think it’s too bad actually, although I got some stick over the Aussies, perhaps unsurprisingly. One or two were particularly OTT, but you have to expect that. 
    Easy enough to block or mute though. 
    I took a look at the abuse @Ollywozere was getting, mainly from anonymous trolls, and was quite shocked. No one should be subjected to that level of abuse for doing their job. It’s like a mass hysteria. Once one wades in, others feel emboldened to join in. 
    I see that, he got called a c*nt and then when he rightly blocked a few of em they was like “poor from the club that” 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
    There was one I saw yesterday: 

‘I’d call you a cnut to your face and you’d do nothing but accept it to be honest Olly’. [edit: tweet now deleted, but there are screen grabs].
    Anonymous account of course, under the name of a Charlton legend with ‘donkey’ on the end. Profile picture of a lad with a Burberry scarf over his face, and a dubious insignia on his jacket. Wouldn’t be at all surprised if it didn’t turn out to be the fan of another club posing as Charlton, to stir things up. 

Oh, and all of these trolls seem to have connections to the far right, or at least far right sympathies, and when cornered play the ‘proper fan’ card, and the sympathy/victim card. Whether they’re Charlton fans or posing as Charlton fans. 
    (I’ll be expecting some attacks on Twitter now of course 😂). 
  • Sponsored links:

• JamesSeed said:
    leefender said:

BTW in case anyone still doesn't realise the Henry Irving 10 on twitter is a troll, not me.

@chathmuseum for the museum twitter account
  • It’s disharmony being stirred up that we are pointing out. As you say, it goes on all over the place, unchallenged unfortunately. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    leefender said:

The same group of trolls on Twitter describe CL as a cesspit, when of course, it’s nothing of the sort. It’s the old Goebels playbook. If you lie, make it a big one. Repeat it often enough and it becomes the truth. 
    This is exactly the problem, you are implying that because someone says something you may not necessarily agree with that they are trolls. 

If everyone agreed and couldn't have an opinion outside of yours would that not be straight out of Hitler's playbook? 
  • JamesSeed said:
    I’m on Twitter and don’t think it’s too bad actually, although I got some stick over the Aussies, perhaps unsurprisingly. One or two were particularly OTT, but you have to expect that. 
    Easy enough to block or mute though. 
    I took a look at the abuse @Ollywozere was getting, mainly from anonymous trolls, and was quite shocked. No one should be subjected to that level of abuse for doing their job. It’s like a mass hysteria. Once one wades in, others feel emboldened to join in. 
    I see that, he got called a c*nt and then when he rightly blocked a few of em they was like “poor from the club that” 😂🤦🏻‍♂️
    He's probably going on about "free speech" as well, but missing the point that free speech has consequences as anyone really committed to it knows. If you're abusive on Twitter, expect to get blocked. 
  • JamesSeed said:
    It’s disharmony being stirred up that we are pointing out. As you say, it goes on all over the place, unchallenged unfortunately. 
    Nothing to do with the Thread title though 
  • I know it goes on all over the place, but I’ve never been a fan of talking on one platform about other fan / groups that use other platforms. Just think it stirs unnecessary disharmony. 

At the end of the day we’re all Charlton fans and we all gravitate and use what is a fit for you as an individual. 

This thread was raised in relation to Andrew Barclay so I’d like the inputs to be based on that please, or just let the thread slide. Cheers 
    Stick it in Caps Lock for the hard of hearing, reading and general respect for the running of this forum next time 
  • Why do people have to get so angry?
  • Sponsored links:

• Why do people have to get so angry?
    13th in L1
  • Scoham said:
    Why do people have to get so angry?
    13th in L1
    Fair enough , massive underachievement, maybe a few porkies told to get us to buy season tickets (some won't fall for it this time round) and i'm fed up of league 1 as much as others, just seems a bit cowardly getting angry and abusive online , surely there's got to be a better way forward?
  • edited February 2022
    Scoham said:
    Why do people have to get so angry?
    13th in L1
    Fair enough , massive underachievement, maybe a few porkies told to get us to buy season tickets (some won't fall for it this time round) and i'm fed up of league 1 as much as others, just seems a bit cowardly getting angry and abusive online , surely there's got to be a better way forward?
    On target to match the season where Parkinson was sacked, Powell installed and we dropped from 5th to 13th.

That season we W15, D14, L17 for a 69er of a season. Last few seasons that's been enough for top 10.

Brighton won the league and were top of the table for 40 game weeks in total.
    Southampton were second

We all know what happened the following season. 

(We also finished 13th in 16/17 on 60 points, made the play offs in 17/18 and fell to Shrewsbury was it?) 

• leefender said:

@Benhayes77 if you're interested
    Ha funny! I always wondered that, I thought why's he 'nice/normal' on CL then acts like a bell-end on twitter. Now I know you don't!! Lol
  • Smithy said:
    I took Barclay's tweet to mean the stadium is a big reason why no one else would invest, and I suppose that would include himself. 
    I think that’s always going to be a problem unfortunately. If Thomas wants to get backing he’ll either have to buy the freeholds first, or find someone who’ll buy them with him as part of the deal.
  • JamesSeed said:
    Smithy said:
    I took Barclay's tweet to mean the stadium is a big reason why no one else would invest, and I suppose that would include himself. 
    I think that’s always going to be a problem unfortunately. If Thomas wants to get backing he’ll either have to buy the freeholds first, or find someone who’ll buy them with him as part of the deal.
    Absolutely - although there is a yellow-toothed impediment to achieving that.

I'm sure it would be achievable with a realistic valuation of the assets.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!