Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrew Barclay

Comments

• Options
    Is this a tactical tweet to curry favour with the fanbase i.e. "look at the ambition he has/ get Barclay on board as an investor/ our owner" and perhaps leverage any resultant supporter pressure and exploit the current critical feeling out there on social media. 

Or am I'm just looking into it too much and it's an innocuous tweet from someone who has an interest in our club and thinks it would be a good signing?!!

Probably the latter as is normally the case with such things!

It's like those prospective Madrid or Barca presidents who promise to buy Beckham or Figo!
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Why would you want to own a stake (likely a minority stake) in a football club that loses millions, is two promotions from the Premier League and doesn’t own its principle real estate assets?
    Which is why Muir won't be interested.
  • Options
    Probably nothing in it but it does seem a weird post from Barclay!
  • Options
    Although there may be some truth to his interest, it does seem to be a bit of a fishy rumour.

Has he responded to anyone asking him about his interest in CAFC or is he being Koi about it?
    Cod we drop the fish puns please
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Dazzler21 said:
    Barclay threw his hat into the ring and never fully took it back. TS previously has said he's open to investment so you never know.

Barclay didnt proceed further because he said he didnt want to purchase the club without buying The Valley and SL.....iirc 

Might be different though if he was only a minority shareholder or suchlike
    Not entirely truthful to end the story there. He backed out because he didn't want to pay the price that was being demanded to include the Valley & SL. Not just because he didn't want to purchase the club without them. 
    But that's really the same thing.  He would only buy the club with the Valley and SL but not at the silly price Southall agreed.
    Correct. Remember Southall vindicated RD's asking price with his stupid offer and reckon RD is holding out for somewhere near that offer again. Still don't think RD has really worked out it was a completely empty offer yet
  • Options
    If Barclay is funding it, sure come aboard Jack. 
  • Options
    And so another rumours thread is born,,,rumours 2 B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gribbo said:
    Although there may be some truth to his interest, it does seem to be a bit of a fishy rumour.

Has he responded to anyone asking him about his interest in CAFC or is he being Koi about it?
    Oh god It’s starting to flounder already!  Wrong time wrong plaice
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Would be an interesting business model.

11 investors each pick and fund a player each.

• Options
    I reckon I could stretch to @SoundAsa£ as the midfield general Lance Corporal
  • Options
    Maybe TS isn't looking for an investor ... maybe he's looking for a buyer  :)

• Options
    Maybe TS isn't looking for an investor ... maybe he's looking for a buyer  :)

I just hope he's looking for a new director of operations.
  • Options
    is Jack Wilshere going into management then?

sorry Nige. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Would be an interesting business model.

11 investors each pick and fund a player each.

Give you a set of socket spanners for Watson
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Barclay threw his hat into the ring and never fully took it back. TS previously has said he's open to investment so you never know.

Barclay didnt proceed further because he said he didnt want to purchase the club without buying The Valley and SL.....iirc 

Might be different though if he was only a minority shareholder or suchlike
    Not entirely truthful to end the story there. He backed out because he didn't want to pay the price that was being demanded to include the Valley & SL. Not just because he didn't want to purchase the club without them. 
    Unless I'm mistaken I think the actual line he took at the time was that he was stepping aside to allow Thomas a free run. A pretty honourable thing to do at the time I thought.
  • Options
    Although knowing our luck if there is something in this the day after it goes through he will discover the crypto currency he has sunk his dough into has just gone under and he is skint 🤭
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Better change the title
  • Options
    Well if he is suggesting we give Wiltshire an opportunity now then I suggest he does not quite have his finger on the pulse. We can do nothing before January can we.

I am delighted by anybody expressing an interest in the club but no matter the interest the world and his wife had 3 years to invest in Charlton. Mr Barclay didn’t. If he had the money to blow Duchatelet away why didn’t he?

What because he elected to use a consultant who was persona non grata?

Whose interests does that serve? Not his and not the clubs. Ah it is question of leverage. What leverage?

I will happily welcome Mr Barclay to the table. Will M.Duchâtelet? If so why? What’s changed?
  • Options
    Wilshere is quoted as saying:

"I haven’t been injured since before lockdown, and it was not a serious injury, I've trained every day. When I was at Bournemouth I was available for every single game, so I feel like it's a lazy answer because I can. Give me a chance, let me prove myself to you then, show you that I’m fit."

I wonder if he'd accept a pay as you play deal?
  • Options
    Is it RedBull ??
  • Options
    Gribbo said:

FFS reel it in will you !
  • Options
    It's a typo.

He meant "Charlton Life should offer Wilshire a line"

dint have you down as a coke head
  • Options
    Considering the sorts of topics he tends to cover on his Instagram account, the Jack Wilshere stuff is pretty low key 😂
  • Options
    1 - Tiberius, under order of Emperor Augustus, quells revolts in Germania.
    You need to take this thread more seriously.

Try providing B.C. events, not just A.D. We don't just want to hear about modern times, you know.
  • Options
    Well if he is suggesting we give Wiltshire an opportunity now then I suggest he does not quite have his finger on the pulse. We can do nothing before January can we.

I am delighted by anybody expressing an interest in the club but no matter the interest the world and his wife had 3 years to invest in Charlton. Mr Barclay didn’t. If he had the money to blow Duchatelet away why didn’t he?

What because he elected to use a consultant who was persona non grata?

Whose interests does that serve? Not his and not the clubs. Ah it is question of leverage. What leverage?

I will happily welcome Mr Barclay to the table. Will M.Duchâtelet? If so why? What’s changed?
    Free agent isn’t he ? So can sign outside of the window I think. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!