Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Is the actually a fact that Adkins didn’t get a say in identifying players brought in ? Haven't heard that before. If it’s true then all Adkins is, is a coach not manager. We’re stuffed until we get a true manager again. That’s going to upset the hierarchy applecart methinks. 
    it's all guesswork, no-one knows and who DOES know ain't telling 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I want him GONE .. BUT if we get wins tomorrow and on Saturday, I am happy if he gets a stay of 'execution' .. Nigel, keep winning and keep your job
    Nah.
    If you want him gone , you want him gone.
    None of this I want you gone BUT if you win 3 games I'll be singing your name from the rooftops.

Why?

I want him gone, but would welcome a stay of execution if he gets back to back wins.

Can’t see it for love nor money, but what’s wrong with that position?  
  • Options
    Is the actually a fact that Adkins didn’t get a say in identifying players brought in ? Haven't heard that before. If it’s true then all Adkins is, is a coach not manager. We’re stuffed until we get a true manager again. That’s going to upset the hierarchy applecart methinks. 
    He'll have the final say.

From what I can work out it's:

1) Nigel goes to Gallen says "I need a left footed right winger who is quick and can take on a man"

2) Gallen goes off and scouts players with his team of analysts, and brings back a list of players that fit the brief.

3) Nigel then lists them in order of preference

4) Gallen starts at the top of the list and works will way though it, making enquiries and having conversations

5) We sign whoever agrees to the terms etc within our budget

6) The overall budget then changes slightly and priorities for certain positions change according to how much we spent on the above player and his wage demands, and they start again in a new position
  • Options
    cabbles said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    clb74 said:
    Blimey.
    Its almost like some of us want to go a goal down so we can get on his back.
    Genuinely can't believe how quickly people have turned in him, and the extent of the dislike.
    He has lost 5/7 after being given a hefty transfer budget in comparison to bowyer. 

I don’t dislike him, I think he is underperforming massively which as a football manager, increases the risk of losing the fans support
    Also how much did Adkins get to spend in the transfer window?
    I think I saw £1m all in including transfers and agents’ fees.  
    £2million including signing on fees, loan fees and agents fees
  • Options
    7) If they come cheap and are injury prone, then we'll certainly sign 'em 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    clb74 said:
    Blimey.
    Genuinely can't believe how quickly people have turned in him, and the extent of the dislike.
    He has lost 5/7 after being given a hefty transfer budget in comparison to bowyer. 

I don’t dislike him, I think he is underperforming massively which as a football manager, increases the risk of losing the fans support
    any advance on £2 Million ?
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

1) Nigel goes to Gallen says "I need a left footed right winger who is quick and can take on a man"

2) Gallen goes off and scouts players with his team of analysts, and brings back a list of players that fit the brief.

4) Gallen starts at the top of the list and works will way though it, making enquiries and having conversations

6) The overall budget then changes slightly and priorities for certain positions change according to how much we spent on the above player and his wage demands, and they start again in a new position
    There's Roddy's super secret scouting data department mixed in there somewhere. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    cabbles said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    clb74 said:
    Blimey.

any advance on £2 Million ?
    nope - what i was told - info came via the directors box at a game a few weeks back  
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

The only player Roddy has scouted is his son. 
  • Options
    sorry, thought you said evidence - must put new glasses on
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    clb74 said:
    Blimey.

I would say top 6 budget. Being 23rd isn’t a great return so far
  • Options
    Barnet have sacked Kewell. W0 D2 L5 similar record to us but less expectations. 
  • Options
    Just one question from Fanny.

Has Tel been knighted yet ? 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

That's the analysts on point 2. There will be scouts involved too.

It's also missing that Roddy and Sandgaard as well as Adkins and Gallen all have to agree before a player is signed.
  • Options
    I don't see how we can have a successful manager who doesn't get to have the majority say in recruitment.  
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Exactly, it's not as if players have appeared out of nowhere with Adkins the last to know, or that Adkins asked for a pacey left back and was given a right winger instead

We have a recruitment team, which includes Adkins, Gallen, Roddy and others.

No Roddy obviously, but under Bowyer (until ESI screwed things up) the process wouldn't have been that much different. 
  • Options
    Adkins said it in an interview. Can't remember when, but I'm sure I read that on here. Someone else might remember more
  • Options
    One of our most revered posters has in the past suggested a solution for struggling managers at Charlton:

"Just win games".  :wink:

• Options
    Feel for the guy in that he went thru preseason with half the U23's in the squad and now trying to bed in the new players due to the disastrous late transfer window strategy. Where I don't like him is the long-ball tactics and his inability to turn around a team going a goal down with a change in tactics. I give him the next 2 games and then assess our options. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clb74 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    cabbles said:
    clb74 said:
    Croydon said:
    clb74 said:
    Blimey.

That's not in dispute.  Who spent it is. 
    Cobbles was answering the question I asked.
    You asked how much Adkins spent........

The "club" spent about a million. 
  • Options
    I’d rather Roddy gone than Adkins, the football’s bad but had most of these players joined earlier on we would definitely be higher in the league, he’s in charge of a lot of things, sponsorship deals being one, and we have the same sponsor as before TS came in, just shows he is massively out of his depth and isn’t doing his job, but getting rid of Adkins is probably a much cheaper option for the chairman.
  • Options
    I’d rather Roddy gone than Adkins, the football’s bad but had most of these players joined earlier on we would definitely be higher in the league, he’s in charge of a lot of things, sponsorship deals being one, and we have the same sponsor as before TS came in, just shows he is massively out of his depth and isn’t doing his job, but getting rid of Adkins is probably a much cheaper option for the chairman.
    Mumford is in charge of sponsorship deals.
  • Options
    Two quotes from TS at the Fans Forum suggest that he’s still very committed to out Nige. This was only 4 days ago

Also tells us he’s totally deluded to what’s actually going on the pitch. Attractive football? Winning games? Huge asset? Foundation in place?

… and he thinks we can still do better than 7th last season. I personally think they all went out on the Guinness before the forum.

I think Adkins will still be here after the Bolton game even if we lose every one in between.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Two quotes from TS at the Fans Forum suggest that he’s still very committed to out Nige. This was only 4 days ago

Also tells us he’s totally deluded to what’s actually going on the pitch. Attractive football? Winning games? Huge asset? Foundation in place?

… and he thinks we can still do better than 7th last season. I personally think they all went out on the Guinness before the forum.

I think Adkins will still be here after the Bolton game even if we lose every one in between.
    Anything about poor quality bovril?  Or chips?  That's the important stuff. 
  • Options
    when i coached a youth team, the manager on the field next to me used to bemoan playing matches coz they always lost and was seriously considering pulling them from the league and just doing training. He said they were great in training against each other - he used to get to the field half hour before all the other managers and set his patch up with so many cones, poles and hoops, it was like the horse of the year show - think he was missing the point 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:

Working hard behind the scenes.

Where have I heard that before recently?
  • Options
    Think we're stuck with this set up for the foreseeable tbh. 
  • Options
    clb74 said:
    I want him GONE .. BUT if we get wins tomorrow and on Saturday, I am happy if he gets a stay of 'execution' .. Nigel, keep winning and keep your job
    Nah.
    If you want him gone , you want him gone.
    None of this I want you gone BUT if you win 3 games I'll be singing your name from the rooftops.

Why?

I want him gone, but would welcome a stay of execution if he gets back to back wins.

Can’t see it for love nor money, but what’s wrong with that position?  
    We just chop and change then.
    One minute calling for his head and sacked in the morning the next minute chanting his name in support.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!