Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    edited October 2021
    Sunderland is a free hit. Not expecting a result but anything resembling a performance with some effort will be a bonus. 

Next few games afterwards:

Doncaster (H)

FA Cup
    Pizza trophy

Burton (A)
    Plymouth (H)

I imagine the plan is to appoint someone for the Burton game. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Where's @flyingkiwiDK @VFR4life @DubaiCAFC with their inside tracks too?!
    No inside tracks from me I’m afraid but I was just talking to a Charlton supporting mate of mine about what odds we might get on Michael Laudrup as our new Manager. He’s been out of football a long time though. 
  • Options
    Wish NA well in the future, just didn't work out. 
  • Options
    I love Jacko but is it really time to bring in an experienced Manager to turn things around as apposed to a inexperienced manager?
    The club is crying out for a Wilder or even a Warnock type manager (not that I’d want him here) but we are desperate to move on and up. With Jacko, I am sure we’d get the “new manager bounce” but could he sustain it? Personally I have my doubts 
  • Options
    Don’t like to see anyone sacked but there was no real option in this case. NA seemed a nice enough bloke but it just didn’t work out. Wish him all the best for the future. 
  • Options
    Would like to have seen Jackson and euell supported some way officially by curbs and peacock- that surely would have been a great learning experience
  • Options
    edited October 2021
  • Options
    Be interesting to see what team/set up JJ opts for.  We'll know if the 4-2-3-1 was an issue if JJ changes it 
  • Options
    Sunderland is a free hit. Not expecting a result but anything resembling a performance with some effort will be a bonus. 

Next few games afterwards:

Doncaster (H)

FA Cup
    Pizza trophy

Burton (A)
    Plymouth (H)

I imagine the plan is to appoint someone for the Burton game. 
    we are home to Rotherham four days after Donny Rovers.
  • Options
    cafckev said:
    I love Jacko but is it really time to bring in an experienced Manager to turn things around as apposed to a inexperienced manager?
    The club is crying out for a Wilder or even a Warnock type manager (not that I’d want him here) but we are desperate to move on and up. With Jacko, I am sure we’d get the “new manager bounce” but could he sustain it? Personally I have my doubts 
    This is exactly what it boils down to for me. I do 100% believe Jackson will be able to get a response from the players, and let’s face it (although against weaker opposition) the Pizza Cup games have been exciting to watch.

The issue for me is I don’t see anything (very limited time) in a Jackson team that our football will be wildly different to what we have see the last few years. I personally feel like we need a complete overhaul and cultural and ethos change at the training ground because we will just inevitably as it has been for a while now sleep into the same patterns.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bye Nige, regardless of any other factors he had to go, wish him well.

Not expecting much in the way of changes tbh, hopefully get that "new manager bounce". 

• Options

• Options
    Obviously wins are extremely important now but first and foremost we need to see improvement! If we lose on Saturday, as is likely we at least to need make Sunderland work hard for it.

Doncaster is the one. 
  • Options
    I once read a statistical analysis of the new manager bounce and it turns out it doesn’t actually exist. 
  • Options
    I've posted my initial thoughts on the Adkins Gone thread.

But wanted to add here that it's now time to get firmly behind whoever wears the shirt regardless of how we thought they performed/didn't perform under NA.

TS has now stated that the players aren't fully fit & are not aggressive enough on the pitch but we have to hope this was down to their training regime & the instructions of their former gaffer.

Confidence breeds success & THIS is what we need to instil in this team via our loud & proud support from the Stands .

We can't make the trip to Sunderland but I know that those who do will try their best to play their part in a new start for all concerned. 

Bring us home the 3 points, lads & lasses ! 
  • Options
    Uboat said:
    I once read a statistical analysis of the new manager bounce and it turns out it doesn’t actually exist for Charlton. 
    Yeah I can believe that. 
  • Options
    Can already see some of the usual suspects sharping their scythes in anticipation of a defeat on Saturday. 

Regardless if you think this is the right move or not, a true Charlton legend has just been tasked with saving the club from its lowest ever point. He’s only going to have one coaching season before going to what is probably the toughest fixture in the division.

If we get pumped 3-0, that’s not your cue to throw your toys out of the pram. He needs a shot over the course of a few months to cut out the rot and get his ideas across.
    He needs 4-5 games. Can't just give him months in charge if results don't improve.

I'm not expecting anything from Saturday points wise, but there has to be a huge improvement in performance. 

I'd love nothing more than to have Jacko at the helm for years to come, leading us back to the Championship, but sentiment can't get in the way of this being a results business. If we lose the next 4 (not saying we will), then we'd have to get someone else in.
  • Options
    Can already see some of the usual suspects sharping their scythes in anticipation of a defeat on Saturday. 

Regardless if you think this is the right move or not, a true Charlton legend has just been tasked with saving the club from its lowest ever point. He’s only going to have one coaching season before going to what is probably the toughest fixture in the division.

If we get pumped 3-0, that’s not your cue to throw your toys out of the pram. He needs a shot over the course of a few months to cut out the rot and get his ideas across.
    Saturday is a free hit for JJ & JE as we are not expected to get anything at Sunderland. However after Saturday they need to start getting some points on the board. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:
    The longer Sandgaard leaves Adkins in charge, the worse it will get. If he is charge on Saturday and we lose up at Sunderland we could be 7 points adrift in the relegation places. Now is not the time for waiting. Announce he has gone first thing tomorrow morning and we can move forward on from a manager that has been tactically naive this season
    IF WE LOSE ON SATURDAY !! They beat Cheltenham 5-0. We lost to them 1-2 and were out thought and played all over the park. IF ?
    Yeah. If. Chances of getting anything at all are vanishingly remote but stranger things have happened. Might be an absolute daylight robbery of an undeserved win, might fight for a lucky draw or quite possibly we get 3 or 4 stuck past us with ease.

But we dont know, so yes it's IF. 
  • Options
    Croydon said:

He needs 4-5 games. Can't just give him months in charge if results don't improve.

I'm not expecting anything from Saturday points wise, but there has to be a huge improvement in performance. 

I'd love nothing more than to have Jacko at the helm for years to come, leading us back to the Championship, but sentiment can't get in the way of this being a results business. If we lose the next 4 (not saying we will), then we'd have to get someone else in.
    You don’t give someone 4-5 games to turn this shit show around, unless you’re keen on sacking everyone you employ if they’re not outstanding immediately. 

This isn’t about sentiment, it’s about giving someone the chance to do the job properly. It might take 5 games to have accrued enough training sessions to begin getting his message across. I’d afford that courtesy to anyone coming in, not just JJ.

I’m not saying give him months in charge if we’re losing 6-0 every week, but similarly you can’t get a new manager, tasked with as hard a job as you’ll get in football, and state you’ve got 4 or 5 games to turn it around. That’s a recipe for staff churn and even more turmoil
  • Options

Sorry pal, we're 3rd from bottom, we don't have a few months to piss about 
  • Options

If we get pumped 3-0, that’s not your cue to throw your toys out of the pram.

He needs a shot over the course of a few months to cut out the rot and get his ideas across.
    It seems to me that Thomas has already indicated he's willing to try that ..... and to see how it goes.

• Options

He's also been assistant manager to get us to that lowest point. 

The fact everything is getting thrown at Adkins when fitness is an issue (down to every coach). 

I do think there's a bit of a question as to how early on Jackson was briefing against Adkins knowing he would get his own crack at the whip once he was gone. 
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    Croydon said:

You don’t give someone 4-5 games to turn this shit show around, unless you’re keen on sacking everyone you employ if they’re not outstanding immediately. 

This isn’t about sentiment, it’s about giving someone the chance to do the job properly. It might take 5 games to have accrued enough training sessions to begin getting his message across. I’d afford that courtesy to anyone coming in, not just JJ.

I’m not saying give him months in charge if we’re losing 6-0 every week, but similarly you can’t get a new manager, tasked with as hard a job as you’ll get in football, and state you’ve got 4 or 5 games to turn it around. That’s a recipe for staff churn and even more turmoil
    You can give him 4-5 matches because he's a caretaker boss. That's literally the point of that role, to oversee it for a short time.

Doesn't have to be 6-0, if we lost the next 4 we'll be well adrift. We simply don't have the luxury to hope he'd turn it around after that 
  • Options
    cafc375 said:

Unfortunate that Sam appears to be laughing.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I'm happy to give him 4-5 games to show there is an improvement in performances and that we are picking up some points here and there. If that's the case then by all means give him longer. However, if in five games time we have picked up say two points and performances are just as dire then does he deserve longer? If that scenario does happen then we will really be up a certain creek without a certain wooden implement and we might be too late to save so he may get longer anyway. 
  • Options
    No battle, No Victory.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!