Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Adkins Out? - Match Thread

Comments

• Feel sad for him, as one of the good guys, but it’s a results business - I hope he gets another crack at management, as he has been very successful in the past, and he definitely turned our ship around last season 
  • Will be very interesting to see 1) the squad/set-up and 2) the performance on Saturday.
  • I'm sure we'll have a different set up and gameplan for Saturday.

It might not be perfect and we might still get beaten at Sunderland - but the players will bust a gut for Jacko and Euelly.
    At least they'll know what they are doing.

• TEL said:
    It's been pretty obvious for a good 2-3 weeks his job was untenable. Rarely does anyone come back from being openly castigated by the fans. Wish him well, I'm sure the pay off will soften the blow. 

Wilder please Mr Sandgaard 
    1,000,000% never gonna happen. If Wilder is your expectation then you will be let down on a biblical scale. You might well ask Sangaard for Bill Shankley.
    Not saying it will be Wilder, but would love it to be a big name that everyone is happy with and exceeds all expectations, just so people who are so confident with their predictions get egg in the face.
  • edited October 2021
    Sure Nige will be a bit miffed and pissed off with the outcome but we really had no choice, it just wasn't working out, and I for one wish him well in his next venture, he comes over as a nice genuine guy and he will come good in his next role, just couldn't get it sorted here, lets just see how Jacko does in the next couple of games starting Saturday B)  
  • Oggy Red said:
    I'm sure we'll have a different set up and gameplan for Saturday.

It might not be perfect and we might still get beaten at Sunderland - but the players will bust a gut for Jacko and Euelly.
    At least they'll know what they are doing.

Tbf I never thought it looked like they weren’t trying for Adkins. Just were setup wrong and had no game plan.

Expecting a massive improvement Saturday
  • DOUCHER said:
    Adkinswatch - his car is in the training ground car park 
    A very quick session 
  • My opinion is to advertise the job formally, and see who applies.
    Don’t put out feelers and beg  ask anybody, look for somebody who wants it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gribbo said:
    TEL said:
    It's been pretty obvious for a good 2-3 weeks his job was untenable. Rarely does anyone come back from being openly castigated by the fans. Wish him well, I'm sure the pay off will soften the blow. 

1,000,000% never gonna happen. If Wilder is your expectation then you will be let down on a biblical scale. You might well ask Sangaard for Bill Shankley.
    Not saying it will be Wilder, but would love it to be a big name that everyone is happy with and exceeds all expectations, just so people who are so confident with their predictions get egg in the face.
    If JJ & JE improve things and we get a couple of points on the board I suspect Thomas will take the cheap option and appoint them full time.
  • I hope this isn't an audition for Jackson and he's merely filling in till a new manager is appointed.

I have no problem with JJ or JE staying on as long as that is in addition to the new manager bringing in his own people.

• edited October 2021
    I'm a pretty tolerant sort of guy. I gave him a chance even though he wasn't my first choice at the time. And to be fair he did well last season given the circumstances. But after most of the performances this season, he'd lost me. Just couldn't get behind him. His tactics were just naive and he persisted with this 433 formation when everyone could see it just didn't work. Letting him go is the right decision and gives us an opportunity for a mid-table position or better (Wishful thinking). He's a nice bloke and I wish him all the best. Is Jacko the right man for the job ... Hmmn. Let's just ponder that thought
  • Wish him well.  Horrible situation all round, but it was never going to work and it would've gotten more acrimonious as the weeks went by.  

Big statement of intent needed from the players now, and I am expecting them to step up massively if playing for NA has been the problem.  They owe us for the level of crap they've produced over the last 13 games and there's nowhere left for them to hide now
  • Gribbo said:
    TEL said:

If JJ & JE improve things and we get a couple of points on the board I suspect Thomas will take the cheap option and appoint them full time.
    if they do improve things and we start winning then why on earth wouldn't/shouldn't they get the job?
  • Jacko’s time to shine. Have a feeling we’ll be seeing a very different side on Saturday…
    It feels like we see a different team every game   :)
  • I would be delighted if it works for Jacko, the transition from captain to manager would be great, and he’s a smart cookie who I think has a idea of how he would like to get the team playing. Fingers crossed it works 
  • Sponsored links:

• my concern is how long do we give JJ to try and sort this out and if in the short term he can't then will it be too late to save our season for anyone permanently coming in. Let's forget Sunderland results wise, although hoping for a much improved performance, we then have two homes games in four days. If we fail to win one of those is that it for him? Harsh maybe but if that happens we will really be deep in the brown stuff by then. Obviously I hope he wins both.
  • seth plum said:
    My opinion is to advertise the job formally, and see who applies.
    Don’t put out feelers and beg  ask anybody, look for somebody who wants it.
    This
  • Gribbo said:
    TEL said:

if they do improve things and we start winning then why on earth wouldn't/shouldn't they get the job?
    Pretty sure it would be short lived, and we'd be in the same situation come this time next year
  • Go on Jacko 
  • Gribbo said:
    TEL said:

I said "get a couple of points on the board" meaning any slight improvement will see JJ get the job. I doubt anyone at The Valley today is working on a spread sheet of possible managers.

This season id dead and gone, avoiding relegation is the only target now, if JJ achieves that Tommy will see it as saving a few quid. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    TEL said:

Pretty sure it would be short lived, and we'd be in the same situation come this time next year
    why though? - interested as to what makes you think that way?? - Euell is good enough to work in the England set up but not good enough for League 1?
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    TEL said:

Pretty sure Jacko has more coaching experience than Bowyer did when he took over 
  • Johnnie Jackson's red & white army does have a ring to it. 
    Good luck Nigel, shame it didn't work out. I hope he gets himself a good job elsewhere. 
  • Gribbo said:
    Gribbo said:
    TEL said:

why though? - interested as to what makes you think that way?? - Euell is good enough to work in the England set up but not good enough for League 1?
    People seem to have a downer on the whole club at the moment, yes the football has been shit, but things seem to elsewhere to be going in the right direction.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!