Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Energy Bills

Comments

• I was looking at one in Robert Dyas the other day. Are there ones to avoid? Which is the best? 

Going back to gas. I refused to go on the fixed tarif at 546 pm so been paying as we go. Which has been fine but the last two months after I’ve submitted the readings they’ve rolled it over and said they will bill us next month. I called them and they said they would issue a bill but still nothing. Starting to irritate now as haven’t paid anything since beg of July. 
  • Air fryers have been a game changer in our house. We’ve had ours about four months and in all honesty we rarely use the conventional oven. We have a ninja dual 300 and it’s certainly big enough for three of us. Heats to cooking temperature almost instantly and we’ve successfully cooked a whole chicken, beef, pork and gammon joints as well as your everyday stuff. Cooks quickly and well. It’s more versatile than we use it for and Facebook has numerous groups with tips and recipes.  If you don’t have one I’d consider checking out getting one. Certainly cheaper to run than a conventional oven. 
    How easy are they to clean shoots.
  • Air fryers have been a game changer in our house. We’ve had ours about four months and in all honesty we rarely use the conventional oven. We have a ninja dual 300 and it’s certainly big enough for three of us. Heats to cooking temperature almost instantly and we’ve successfully cooked a whole chicken, beef, pork and gammon joints as well as your everyday stuff. Cooks quickly and well. It’s more versatile than we use it for and Facebook has numerous groups with tips and recipes.  If you don’t have one I’d consider checking out getting one. Certainly cheaper to run than a conventional oven. 
    That’s a good question actually. My recollection of air fryers from some years ago were that they were difficult to clean them and greasy. The latest generation have a pull out draw that in ours (probably all) is dishwasher safe and non stick. We actually just wash our drawers with hot soapy water. Basically the answer is no more difficult than a frying pan. Wipe out and wash. We actually don’t use any oil to put on anything so they are very healthy option.

• @Curb_It

I did quite a bit of research before getting ours. The rave reviews seem to be for the Ninja Dual so that’s what we’ve got. There are two sizes. 300 and 400. We regularly cook for three and the 300 is perfectly adequate. Not cheap so a return on your energy isn’t very quick but regardless of that we prefer the cooking results anyway. There are two draws so you can cook two different items simultaneously and match cooking times to finish together. 
    That’s a good question actually. My recollection of air fryers from some years ago were that they were difficult to clean them and greasy. The latest generation have a pull out draw that in ours (probably all) is dishwasher safe and non stick. We actually just wash our drawers with hot soapy water. Basically the answer is no more difficult than a frying pan. Wipe out and wash. We actually don’t use any oil to put on anything so they are very healthy option.
    Cheers, we were looking at one in Swindon last week, but the other half wants time to think about it.

As i assume lots of people do, we have room for it if she cleared her other shit off the worktops.
  • Thanks for the info SHG. Could you fit a whole chicken in the drawer? It seems everyone has gone for this one as out of stock in most places. 
  • We've just (last couple of weeks) bought a Ninja 15 in 1 but haven't used it yet - still trying to understand the instruction manual!!

Both our sons have air fryers and it was them who convinced us. It certainly has rave reviews and from the sound of this thread nobody seems to regret getting one.
  • But are the chips decent cooked this way?🙂
  • My only regret is not getting a bigger one, mine only really does food for one person.

but I can put in 400g of chicken breast and make a coffee and prepare breakfast whilst is cooks, so simple. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:
    Thanks for the info SHG. Could you fit a whole chicken in the drawer? It seems everyone has gone for this one as out of stock in most places. 
    A medium 1.6Kg chicken fits in and cooks in 50-55 mins
  • This looks ideal for two. This means I can get home from the pub on a Sunday afternoon and have the roast on the table in an hour. Just if I could find one in stock…. 
  • Curb_It said:
    This looks ideal for two. This means I can get home from the pub on a Sunday afternoon and have the roast on the table in an hour. Just if I could find one in stock…. 
    Cooks roast spuds and with some practice it’s good for veg as well.
  • If anyone is seriously thinking of getting one I’d get onto Facebook and look at the air fryer recipe/ tips groups. It’s actually quite amazing how versatile they are if you make the effort to find out.
    Cheers, we were looking at one in Swindon last week, but the other half wants time to think about it.

As i assume lots of people do, we have room for it if she cleared her other shit off the worktops.
    Think they sell them in places other than Swindon 😁

Think they sell them in places other than Swindon 😁
    As Charlton fans we only shop in Swindon now - just like our recruitment team.
  • Huskaris said:
    Air Friers are so versatile. Cheaper to run than an oven, and I would have to say, generally with better results, and much healthier too!
    How are the healtheir than an oven? A deep fat fryer I get but not sure how that works in terms of an oven.
  • Sponsored links:

• Huskaris said:
    Air Friers are so versatile. Cheaper to run than an oven, and I would have to say, generally with better results, and much healthier too!
    How are the healtheir than an oven? A deep fat fryer I get but not sure how that works in terms of an oven.
    I think you only have to add a tiny bit of oil, so doubt it's much different to using an oven 
  • edited September 2022
    Huskaris said:
    I think you only have to add a tiny bit of oil, so doubt it's much different to using an oven 
    Much more healthier. Not too many food choices need any fat, besides which, air fryers use less electricity. Since we bought ours, we have rarely used the oven.
  • Huskaris said:
    Agree. No healthier than a conventional oven but cooks faster and certainly cheaper. I find unless you’ve got a larger roast or large item eg family sized lasagna or shepherds pie I would only now use the air fryer which has settings other than Air Fry.
  • For the last few weeks I have been checking my bills and been informed my end of contract price will bring me 330.00 in credit,now today I am told 60.00 debit.What is going on how does this change in a matter of days.
  • For the last few weeks I have been checking my bills and been informed my end of contract price will bring me 330.00 in credit,now today I am told 60.00 debit.What is going on how does this change in a matter of days.
    You need to look at your bill/account.
    Maybe your account is completely recalculated after a meter reading. Could be an estimated reading which has changed the picture?
  • Chizz said:
    Air fryers have been a game changer in our house. We’ve had ours about four months and in all honesty we rarely use the conventional oven. We have a ninja dual 300 and it’s certainly big enough for three of us. Heats to cooking temperature almost instantly and we’ve successfully cooked a whole chicken, beef, pork and gammon joints as well as your everyday stuff. Cooks quickly and well. It’s more versatile than we use it for and Facebook has numerous groups with tips and recipes.  If you don’t have one I’d consider checking out getting one. Certainly cheaper to run than a conventional oven. 
    Do you have any more money-saving laundry tips? 
    When I read my post back before posting it I thought, should I change that but then thought I doubt anyone would pull me up on it. 🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Huskaris said:
    Agree. No healthier than a conventional oven but cooks faster and certainly cheaper. I find unless you’ve got a larger roast or large item eg family sized lasagna or shepherds pie I would only now use the air fryer which has settings other than Air Fry.
    Have you got the one with the pressure cooking option?  If so is it any good?
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Huskaris said:
    Have you got the one with the pressure cooking option?  If so is it any good?
    Mine doesn’t have a pressure cooking option. Tbh I wasn’t aware that some had.