Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter signs on loan from Forest (and now returned in Jan p6)

Comments

• Options
    good
  • Options
    edited January 2022
    sammy391 said:
    Makes it Sound as if Arter made the move back happen - rather than the club 
    Agreed

The experienced midfielder joined the Addicks in August and has taken up the option to return to Forest.

I had been wondering whether we had a clause to terminate the loan, I hadn't realised the player would have one.
  • Options
    Had all the makings of a great signing on paper, just didn't work out at all. Hopefully this means we've got some one coming in...
  • Options
    I actually forgot he was with us 
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories H. 
  • Options
    SHA
  • Options
    Another success for the Blackbox 
  • Options
    Shame it hasnt worked out for him - Especially as this is effectively the second time his career has failed here
  • Options
    He'll get a chance next week, and be on fire for the rest of the season. Watchski
  • Options
    Shame it hasnt worked out for him - Especially as this is effectively the second time his career has failed here
    Seems like he's been Charltonised twice then:-).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think back to Gallens interview when we signed him when he said he had to convince Arter to drop to L1 when he didn't really want to.  To have then failed to make any impact whatsoever at a mid table L1 club must be quite the come down for him.  Shame it didn't work out, hope he gets fixed up elsewhere and we use his wages and loan spot on someone better/more suited to us.
  • Options
    He’s not been any use to us in either of his spells.

• Options
    I think back to Gallens interview when we signed him when he said he had to convince Arter to drop to L1 when he didn't really want to.  To have then failed to make any impact whatsoever at a mid table L1 club must be quite the come down for him.  Shame it didn't work out, hope he gets fixed up elsewhere and we use his wages and loan spot on someone better/more suited to us.
    Forest will be gutted too

If he can't make it with us, then who will be interested in him AND able to pay a reasonable chunk of his wages?
  • Options
    The same Gallen that said "On the Harry Arter thing. He was desperate to come to us. I like it when a player is desperate to come to us."?

• Options
    edited January 2022
    Cafc43v3r said:
    The same Gallen that said "On the Harry Arter thing. He was desperate to come to us. I like it when a player is desperate to come to us."?

Yes. I think he said it on the Trust video call.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:

Yes. I think he said it on the Trust video call.
    So in one of them he wasn't telling the truth then? 
  • Options
    Another one for the Charlton Wall of Legends...
  • Options
    Beware the busted flush last minute panic deal. Bye Harry. All the best. 
  • Options
    good, what a total waste of money that was.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'll wait to see what shape/attitude he joins us with before making any comments. 

Potential to be a great player, potential to be a huge sunk cost for a season. 
    Looks like it was the second option. What a waste of money. 
  • Options
    His decision to go back to Forest  , not much we could have done to keep him . Not the end of the world  .
  • Options
    Thank god for that, sick and tired of that type of signing.
  • Options
    Hopefully Souare is next out 
  • Options
    I was all for him but I knew it was shit or bust. 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Good luck, hope you've brought your legs
    :-(
  • Options
    Really don't know what to think about this one. If he's half the player he was for Bournemouth he should boss every game and would be a great signing. But his career seems to have been in a pretty steep decline since leaving Fulham. 

He was an absolute card magnet in his younger years and with the standard of ref in this league he needs to "curb his enthusiasm" so to speak or he'll be suspended more than he plays.
    Yeah, so it turned out he was nowhere near even half they player he used to be.

Oh well, best thing for all parties for him to try his luck elsewhere.