Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter signs on loan from Forest (and now returned in Jan p6)

Comments

• Options
    On paper a good signing, but I do worry we are ending up with a Ben Watson equivalent here.

On the other hand, he could play the Andy Hughes role from the promotion season - just not sure who would be our Danny Hollands (Gilbey?).
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    I remember when pissed a few years ago informing a chap in the pub during a Tottenham match that Harry Kane had started his career with us but been let go.

Latest Eyebrow GIFs  Gfycat
  • Options
    Good signing on paper.  Depends if he still has the hunger/desire to do it and the legs/fitness.to go with that.
  • Options
    Great to have him back.
  • Options
    Very pleased with this, not concerned about being 31 you don't get called up to the Ireland squad if your legs have gone.

Have you seen Ireland play lately?
    No, do I need to have? Regardless of how badly they've been playing my point remains the same you don't get called up for international football if your legs have gone. I'm sure Ireland would have other options available.
  • Options
    Born in Sidcup , so not quite South London and not far enough in to the inbred Kent zone ...
    Similar to Bromleyites , these people lack identity and crave to be recognised ....
    feel sorry for them all
    Sidcup is in south London ????
  • Options
    I’m a bit meh about this one. Bit worried that he can’t get in a crap Forest side, hasn't played much, had a few injuries, maybe has been there happy to pick up his 38k pw and if so why will that change with us? Obviously hope I’m wrong and he becomes a legend, time will tell. 
  • Options
    Hasslebank was a good signing on paper but we got him a season too late.

Prately was an aging player supposedly on his way down but we got a few great seasons and bags of leadership out of him.

Hope Harry is more Darren than Jimmy

Hasselbaink came here for a pay day and didn’t give a sh!t much like most of the squad that season. Agree it was also a year too late. 
  • Options
    Born in Sidcup , so not quite South London and not far enough in to the inbred Kent zone ...
    Similar to Bromleyites , these people lack identity and crave to be recognised ....
    feel sorry for them all
    Sidcup is in south London ????
    It’s in a London Borough but it’s Kent. I was born there so not all bad. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Really don't know what to think about this one. If he's half the player he was for Bournemouth he should boss every game and would be a great signing. But his career seems to have been in a pretty steep decline since leaving Fulham. 

He was an absolute card magnet in his younger years and with the standard of ref in this league he needs to "curb his enthusiasm" so to speak or he'll be suspended more than he plays.
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Top signing FACT
    Yep.
    Just need no injuries from now till the end of the season 
  • Options
    This is more like it - he gets stuck in. 

Hopefully, he remains fit because he will make a difference in our midfield.

Welcome back Harry!!
  • Options
    Not got a good feeling about this.
    One Watson type player is enough, hope his legs have not gone.
    We'll soon find out, one way or t' other.
  • Options
    I've said before I've followed his career from afar. I think its an astute 'loan' signing. He is without doubt a very good player, got better since he left us to be honest, but if he can replicate the form he had at Bournemouth and Fulham, he should nail it in this League.
    I think he has a point to prove with us, in a "Why did you let me go"? way, and will potentially, along with Lee, be standout players for the rest of this very long season.
    He has nothing to prove though, as he's played nearly 100 games in the Premier League. Even if he's rubbish this season, he'll still be a former PL player.

It's not like a Lawrie Wilson, who after being released played at a lower level than Charlton before returning, and who needed to "prove" himself
  • Options
    Looking forward to seeing him play and is exactly the sort of competition and experience that should shine bright in a league one level midfield at the age of 31. We come back Harry 
  • Options
    Some of the comments on here are unbelievable !! give the lad a chance.
    If we had signed Ronaldo there still be moaning hes to old and past it!
  • Options
    Great signing. Sure he will have a field day. 
    Good luck Harry mate. And Paddy. 
  • Options
    1se7 said:
    Great signing. Sure he will have a field day. 
    Good luck Harry mate. And Paddy
    Is Paddy Powell coming back as well ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just read this article and sooo wished I hadn't.  :s 

https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2021/08/29/report-nottingham-forest-flop-harry-arter-set-for-city-ground-exit/

Arter has fallen behind Ryan Yates, Jack Colback, Cafu, James Garner and even youngster Tyrese Fornah in the pecking order. With that in mind, letting him head out on loan makes perfect sense.

The only negative to this deal is that it’s not a permanent deal. Forest will, however, be able to offload a percentage of his wages to Charlton once the deal goes through.

He will go down as one of the biggest flops in Forest history and it’s a massive disappointment that he’s not been able to showcase his talents to the club.

Nigel Adkins must be aware of what he is getting himself in for. Arter has looked way past his best whenever he’s pulled on a Forest shirt and offloading him makes perfect sense.

Misery loves company.
  • Options
    Does he still have the hunger?

We need a Harry Arter who absolutely f*cking hates playing for forest, so he wants to prove a point by coming here and showing what he's made of. 

He might hope to then get an offer from a championship club to get the best out of him again and start fresh.

If he's from the "I might as well just go play for Charlton...as there's literally nothing better to do - brigade...then its the typical kind of waste we sort of expect.

Basically the Jeffers, JFH, Marcus bent club
  • Options
    Redhenry said:
    Top signing FACT
    Any others in the bus outside the training ground ??
  • Options
    Might just be me, but Arter has never seemed the type of player to simply turn up, collect his wages and not give a shite. He might not be the player he was, but then he wouldn't be playing if League 1 if he was the same Harry Arter from 2-3 years ago.
  • Options
    If we are getting the real Harry Arter then this is a very good thing. If we are getting a busted flush it will end in tears.  I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt but he has to make a very good first impression. 
  • Options
    Another one of those "on paper" signings. 

If he's fit and in the mood then it's a big upgrade on Watson, also another experienced player for Dobson to learn from.
  • Options
    Very pleased with this, not concerned about being 31 you don't get called up to the Ireland squad if your legs have gone.
    I mean... its not like we have an embarrassment of riches for Ireland right now.
  • Options
    I rate Arter, but if he hasn’t played since feb, how long will it be before he gets fit and up to speed?