Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Harry Arter signs on loan from Forest (and now returned in Jan p6)

Comments

• Options
    Don't think he sees himself as a League One player and doesn't want to waste his energy. 

Either that or he's completely shot. 
    So...he fitted right in then?!
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I will give him some games to settle and get fit but an inglorious start.  

Watson on the other hand has been stealing a living at this club for over a year and still gets selected.
    Although Watson put in a very decent diagonal ball to find CBT to run & cross for our equaliser.

An assist the assist. :wink:

His one worthwhile contribution to the game. He was shite.
  • Options
    Lazy as fuck cost us the first goal today 
  • Options
    some harsh views here. I actually saw him chasing back and working very hard. his passing was a cut above our other midfielders (apart from lee) him, Lee, dobbo/Clare could be a very good 
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I will give him some games to settle and get fit but an inglorious start.  

Watson on the other hand has been stealing a living at this club for over a year and still gets selected.
    Although Watson put in a very decent diagonal ball to find CBT to run & cross for our equaliser.

An assist the assist. :wink:

His one worthwhile contribution to the game. He was shite.
    Which led to us getting a draw. 
  • Options
    Lazy skiving bell end can naff off back wherever he came from
    shameful today 
    won’t be missed 
  • Options
    Billy_Mix said:
    Lazy skiving bell end can naff off back wherever he came from
    shameful today 
    won’t be missed 
    You on the booze tonight? That’s the 4th angry comment of yours I’ve seen in the last 5 minutes.
  • Options
    Absolutely dreadful today.
  • Options
    Didn't look fit to me
  • Options
    Now now, let's not write him off yet, but that performance was awful. Clare showed just how bad it was, as limited as he is.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's united Thundercock and I. That is a first. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Barely noticed him today. Not being noticed is a good thing if you are a referee or a goalkeeper, not if you are a central midfielder. Only time I can say I was fully aware of what he was up to was when he was trialling his special brand of minimal power low-trajectory corners. I think they could be really useful when he manages to start getting them into the box.
  • Options
     A waste of space & money, please send him back.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Barely noticed him today. Not being noticed is a good thing if you are a referee or a goalkeeper, not if you are a central midfielder. Only time I can say I was fully aware of what he was up to was when he was trialling his special brand of minimal power low-trajectory corners. I think they could be really when he manages to start getting them into the box.
    They seemed to fool both teams.
  • Options
    I barely noticed him and not in a good way. A couple of poor corners and the odd pass, other than that not sure he got anywhere near the ball.

A few obvious things here - we can't play Arter and Watson together, and a number of player including Arter are still building up their match fitness, not to mention gelling and learning how to play alongside each other.

I think those issues are giving Adkins time to attempt to turn things around. We're now creating more chances and having shots, so despite the same issues with our passing from the back and pressing it's an improvement.

I won't be writing Arter off yet but he needs to show he adds more than Watson and Dobson if he's going to play regularly.
  • Options
    He was extremely poor but i'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not fully fit. Same as with Kirk, we can't write someone off after a couple of games.

It was less than 18 months ago he was in midfield for a Fulham side that got promoted out of the championship. He should be more than capable of playing at this level. 
  • Options
    If someone's not fully match fit, why throw him in for 2 starts in 3 games? Whatever you might think about their quality, we're not exactly short of central midfielders

Give him a couple of U23 matches first
  • Options
    If someone's not fully match fit, why throw him in for 2 starts in 3 games? Whatever you might think about their quality, we're not exactly short of central midfielders

Give him a couple of U23 matches first
    We're not short of shit central midfielders.

• Options
    Think he came off injured.

He stopped his warm up and went to the medical team, feeling his left quad/groin area.

The change was needed and Clare was good, but I also do get an impression he feels too good for this level, maybe because he’s not 100% yet he can’t make the sprints he would normally be doing.

Need him to get fit and with a consistent midfield around him, players like Gilbey and Lee would be good because of their movement, he’ll come good with that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Does anyone know if the terms of the loan mean that we have to pay Forest more if he's not in the matchday squad?  That's the only reason I can think of for having him on the bench against Bolton, and not having a winger there instead.

(And I'm not trying to blame him for that unbalanced bench. He doesn't pick the squad or write the conditions for the loan.)
  • Options
    danny777 said:
    Does anyone know if the terms of the loan mean that we have to pay Forest more if he's not in the matchday squad?  That's the only reason I can think of for having him on the bench against Bolton, and not having a winger there instead.

(And I'm not trying to blame him for that unbalanced bench. He doesn't pick the squad or write the conditions for the loan.)
    I doubt it. It's not like he's been loaned to us to further his development.
  • Options
    Good decision. Shame it didn’t work out.
  • Options
    Free up a loan space and hopefully some wages , maybe we have someone in mind to replace him quite quickly
  • Options
    Great news.  Nothing against him personally, but it’s been an absolute waste of time for us and sometimes these things don’t work out.  Not quite the same, but very similar to how Ledley panned out 2 years ago.  

Obviously had more minutes than Ledley, but didn’t do that much more.

• Options
    Makes it Sound as if Arter made the move back happen - rather than the club 
  • Options
    Had to go back 
  • Options
    pity it didn't work out .. but there you go