Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 21/22

1272829303133»

Comments

• Options
    I may be proved wrong next season,but I think this Liverpool side is past its peak,Their top players now wrong side of 30,(I know thats not the end of the world)but the lightning fast counter attacks against top opposition seem to be rarer and rarer.Midfield moving the ball too slowly forward,Salah and Mane unable to get past top defenders and cause problems.Real had the Brazilian kid on the wing,who caused mayhem everytime he got the ball,the likes of modrich and Kroos,easily found him in open spaces with there quick long passes.(yes I know Modrich is 36 but he is a footballing miracle).They have to get Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott up to speed,or City with Grealish and Foden and their new CF will leave them behind.
  • Options
    I agree with the Liverpool past it’s peak point…… and with a lot less money to play with than Pep.

So we will end up with City playing Champ Manager on cheat mode and a one team Premier League from here on. Great fun watching them dominate for the next god knows how long until their owners get bored and sell up.
  • Options
    Will be surprised if Curtis Jones becomes anything more than a consistent Premier League player

Dont see him making it @ Liverpool, at the very least needs to go on to to Villa ;) - Its the only benefit of Newcastle having plenty of money now, and potentially Chelsea with the Dodgers, as they'll hopefully be able to challenge
  • Options
    I may be proved wrong next season,but I think this Liverpool side is past its peak,Their top players now wrong side of 30,(I know thats not the end of the world)but the lightning fast counter attacks against top opposition seem to be rarer and rarer.Midfield moving the ball too slowly forward,Salah and Mane unable to get past top defenders and cause problems.Real had the Brazilian kid on the wing,who caused mayhem everytime he got the ball,the likes of modrich and Kroos,easily found him in open spaces with there quick long passes.(yes I know Modrich is 36 but he is a footballing miracle).They have to get Curtis Jones and Harvey Elliott up to speed,or City with Grealish and Foden and their new CF will leave them behind.
    good post .. reportedly Mané wants away as does Salah, their pace, goal scoring, pressing and all round form has been the making of the team ..  the two wing backs who are the real heroes of the team must be absolutely knackered after all the work they do both in attack and defence .. the midfield is predominately there to bolster the defence .. AND the overrated (i m o), too cool for school van Dijk has got away with his lack of pace due to the covering of the aforementioned wing backs and  midfielders ..  Liverpool despite the megarich US owners still won't match Citteeeh or probably Newcastle for spending power and they don't seem to produce real top talent from their juniors .. I suspect Chelsea might have similar problems next season as their top defenders want away .. as evewr, time will tell
  • Options
    I had to look up 'tras' but otherwise am interested in the videos
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    No idea what can be done to stop this shite happening but we are getting a really bad reputation as a Nation of unruly football fans again. Maybe people should be made to show their match tickets along with their passport at border control. No ticket then you ain't leaving the country
    Who is the 'we'?

Are you French? Do you have really no idea how bad the hooliganism is in the country who (dis) organised this event.

The gendarmerie treat people like animals and then wonder why people react like animals. From the footage available it looks like the Liverpool fans behaved admirably except for those climbing the fences . Remember, some of those climbing fences may even have had tickets, and many were local French youth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mini riot in St Etienne after they were relegated .. Riot police clash with fans as Saint-Etienne relegated from Ligue 1 (yahoo.com)
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    No idea what can be done to stop this shite happening but we are getting a really bad reputation as a Nation of unruly football fans again. Maybe people should be made to show their match tickets along with their passport at border control. No ticket then you ain't leaving the country
    Who is the 'we'?

Are you French? Do you have really no idea how bad the hooliganism is in the country who (dis) organised this event.

The gendarmerie treat people like animals and then wonder why people react like animals. From the footage available it looks like the Liverpool fans behaved admirably except for those climbing the fences . Remember, some of those climbing fences may even have had tickets, and many were local French youth.
    Didn't realise we hired the French police to manage the Euros final last year. Why didn't people mention that at the time!?
  • Options
    AndyG said:
    Who is the 'we'?

Didn't realise we hired the French police to manage the Euros final last year. Why didn't people mention that at the time!?
    It wasn't mentioned because it didn't happen?

What are you talking about?
  • Options

• Options
    edited May 2022
    French police at euro 2016 were awful got tear gassed 3 times for just standing about not doing anything wrong @theorganiser can confirm 
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

They might’ve got away with it had they not put 2021 on the date.
    Reads to me like they think the game was in March as well
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:

They might’ve got away with it had they not put 2021 on the date.
    Reads to me like they think the game was in March as well
    And they wonder why they didn't get in. Idiots. 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Would have got away with it if it wasn't for those pesky kids doing the writing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For all those who were quick to blame Liverpool fans, it's worth noting Madrid also made an official complaint as well. UEFA have apologised and Macron as well.

Uefa has apologised to Liverpool and Real Madrid fans caught up in events around the Champions League final and said it must not happen again.

Liverpool fans described heavy-handed policing, organisational chaos and overcrowding at last Saturday's showpiece game.

Real Madrid have asked for answers on the "series of unfortunate events".

"No football fan should be put in that situation, and it must not happen again," said a UEFA statement.

"Uefa wishes to sincerely apologise to all spectators who had to experience or witness frightening and distressing events in the build-up to the Uefa Champions League final at the Stade de France on 28 May 2022 in Paris, on a night which should have been a celebration of European club football."

French president Emmanuel Macron said ticket holders who were blocked from entering the stadium by security staff must be reimbursed "as fast as possible".

Macron said: "I have a thought for the families who have been pushed around, who have not been able to access the seats they had paid for.

"I have asked the government to clarify what happened, to determine the responsibilities and to explain them in detail to our compatriots, the British and the Spanish."

• Options
    The twitter video on this article is very disturbing .. and France shortly has the Olympics and the Rugby World Cup

Champions League Final: Harrowing accounts of post-match violence spark debate - BBC News
  • Options
    The twitter video on this article is very disturbing .. and France shortly has the Olympics and the Rugby World Cup

Champions League Final: Harrowing accounts of post-match violence spark debate - BBC News
    Saint-Denis is a fucking shit hole. Hands down the worst place I’ve ever been.
  • Options

Saint-Denis is a fucking shit hole. Hands down the worst place I’ve ever been.
    I've not been to Paris for a long time and I have always enjoyed my brief stays there .. It's fiction, BUT the excellent French TV franchise 'Spiral' is mainly set in the gritty, lawless Parisian high rise estates and paints a very poor picture, a long way from spectacular, cultural, gay (in the traditional sense) Paree .. places for the tourist to steer well clear of 
  • Options

A French inquiry into the security fiasco at the Uefa Champions League final in May has found it was caused by a litany of administrative errors and failings rather than Liverpool fans.

The French government initially blamed supporters and fake tickets for the crowd chaos that led to fans being tear-gassed and robbed in Paris.

But a Senate report has found authorities blamed them unfairly and said dysfunctional mistakes were made at every level.

• Options
    UEFA's own report places the blame squarely on UEFA and the French police. The report makes it clear that Liverpool fans were blameless and that UEFA and the authorities were straight up lying when they accused fans of using fake tickets and turning up late. Shame so many people on this thread were so desperate to swallow the lies about Liverpool fans, yet again.