Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Champions League 21/22

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2022

He's very good but he can't do miracles 
  • Options
    Crazy that Liverpool have been in three Finals this season, yet havent scored in any of them
    They're just lacking a bit of magic against the top sides when plan A isn't working 
    So is Klopp not over-rated? 
    Ancellotti normally beats him.
  • Options
    Gribbo said:
    Did Marcelo play any minutes, or he just took his training top off and doing a "Terry"?
    He's been there 15 years and is leaving this summer, so can't exactly blame him.
  • Options
    Well deserved by Madrid 
  • Options
    Crazy that Liverpool have been in three Finals this season, yet havent scored in any of them
    They're just lacking a bit of magic against the top sides when plan A isn't working 
    Is he fuck overrated. Whether you like them or not, they were ridiculously close to a quadruple. What he's done is superb. Madrid were completely outplayed, just very fortunate. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    Managerial masterclass this season in the CL by Ancelotti. To beat the teams they've beaten, with the side they've got shows how good he is . 
    Not really a masterclass. It's not as if they've destroyed teams, or even deserved to beat them. If City had taken their chances they wouldn't have got here and if it wasn't for Courtois they'd have been well beaten tonight. 

You can't argue with the teams they've beaten, but they've been pretty fortunate i think.
    You don't beat all those top sides through luck ultimately. 

Liverpool had lots of shots tonight, but not many big chances to be fair. The most clearcut chance was the one Real scored from 
  • Options
    Managerial masterclass this season in the CL by Ancelotti. To beat the teams they've beaten, with the side they've got shows how good he is . 
    Not really a masterclass. It's not as if they've destroyed teams, or even deserved to beat them. If City had taken their chances they wouldn't have got here and if it wasn't for Courtois they'd have been well beaten tonight. 

You can't argue with the teams they've beaten, but they've been pretty fortunate i think.
    You don't beat all those top sides through luck ultimately. 

Liverpool had lots of shots tonight, but not many big chances to be fair. The most clearcut chance was the one Real scored from 
    Not sure about that, you had the Mane shot tipped onto the post and the Salah one to one. Decent save but Salah should have scored, the save from Mane was unreal. Madrid showed a lot of heart but should never have been in that final. Both PSG and Man City threw the game away through their own fault rather than quality from Madrid. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Managing r madrid is probably a fair bit easier than everton to be fair
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I fucking hate Madrid 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Who said Liverpool will win at a canter and scoffed at me saying Real Madrid will turn over Liverpool? 
    Smash and grab. Should have been 3-1 really. 
    No it shouldn't have been, if you don't actually score the goals you don't deserve to win. Liverpool had the chance to win the quadruple and choked on the 2 biggest stages
    Unfair to say they choked, the PL was ridiculously close and they did nothing wrong. Tonight it's not as if they were beaten by no hopers
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Is he fuck overrated. Whether you like them or not, they were ridiculously close to a quadruple. What he's done is superb. Madrid were completely outplayed, just very fortunate. 
    I don't think that they were outplayed. They knew exactly what Liverpool would do and defended brilliantly.

Klopp has great players. He is an excellent manager, don't get me wrong, but he is not top class. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:
    Who said Liverpool will win at a canter and scoffed at me saying Real Madrid will turn over Liverpool? 
    No it shouldn't have been, if you don't actually score the goals you don't deserve to win. Liverpool had the chance to win the quadruple and choked on the 2 biggest stages
    Bullshit did they choke in the Prem and even tonight it was the keeper. On another day they comfortably score 3. Yes they missed their chances but sometimes a keeper just has one of those games. I wouldn't say that's choking, they came up against a side who sat back and defended pretty well and then still had one heck of a display from Courtois to bail them out. Madrid had one shot on target, they didn't "turn them over" at all. 
  • Options

Bullshit, you deserve to beat 100% of the teams you actually beat. No use peppering the goal with shots if Courtois is a match to them all, that's not bad luck that's good goalkeeping. Madrid had the hardest knockout run of any team and beat all comers, they beat the Champions of France, the Champions of Europe, the Champions of England and Liverpool, the most fancied team to win the whole thing. 
  • Options
    I don't think that they were outplayed. They knew exactly what Liverpool would do and defended brilliantly.

Klopp has great players. He is an excellent manager, don't get me wrong, but he is not top class. 
    If you don't think Klopp is a top class manager then you're off your head. 
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ok, if you say so.

I think that there is some useless defending in The Premier League. It amazes me how many teams look so disorganised. Not to mention too much fannying about in their own box, and passing it around in defense allowing Liverpool to get their way. Only Chelsea really get it right as they proved in both domestic finals in which Liverpool failed to score in 240 minutes of open play.
    Liverpool actually failed to score in open play in in 330 minutes in three finals.
    Oh, and they came 2nd in the league to Guardiola's Man City.
    Will Klopp ever change tactics? 

• Options
    Surely it should be the captain of the team who was playing tonight who should lift the trophy, or at least share the moment 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

Bullshit, you deserve to beat 100% of the teams you actually beat. No use peppering the goal with shots if Courtois is a match to them all, that's not bad luck that's good goalkeeping. Madrid had the hardest knockout run of any team and beat all comers, they beat the Champions of France, the Champions of Europe, the Champions of England and Liverpool, the most fancied team to win the whole thing. 
    That's absolutely nonsense, you can absolutely get fortunate, or even a really dodgy decision, especially in a one off game. 
  • Options

What differentiates “excellent” from “top class”? Sounds like you have an incredibly convoluted hierarchy. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:

That's a ridiculous comment. So a team has never won a game they haven't deserved to win?
  • Options
    Madrid apparently have to pay Chelsea a 10m add on as part of the Hazard transfer deal for winning the CL.

His minutes played = 0.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Choked !
    Behave yourself.
    Did Chelsea, Man City and PSG choke against Real Madrid.

Liverpool didn't choked in the League.
    They were 12 points behind City and only  an amazing come back by City against Villa won the league.

We have 3 amazing teams in England.
    Man City, Liverpool and the Odious, dirty money bankrolled, Russian state funded Putin side run by his cock womble bitch, Abramovich. Chelsea covered in shit yet smell of roses.

New owners and still lush with money.

• Options
    Ok, if you say so.

I think that there is some useless defending in The Premier League. It amazes me how many teams look so disorganised. Not to mention too much fannying about in their own box, and passing it around in defense allowing Liverpool to get their way. Only Chelsea really get it right as they proved in both domestic finals in which Liverpool failed to score in 240 minutes of open play.
    Liverpool actually failed to score in open play in in 330 minutes in three finals.
    Oh, and they came 2nd in the league to Guardiola's Man City.
    Will Klopp ever change tactics? 

I really don't think there is any shame in coming second to Man City. Klopp has finished second to them twice, with 97 and then 92 points. That is higher than Sir Alex ever managed in the Premier League. His win percentage at Liverpool is higher than Sir Alex too. 

I do think he got it wrong tonight. I'd have started Jota so he had something off the bench (Diaz). But overall he's completely transformed the club and spent a lot less (net) than City too. 
  • Options

What?!

Some absolutely wild comments on this thread tonight.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:

That's a ridiculous comment. So a team has never won a game they haven't deserved to win?
    In Sam's defence, I do understand the point that Madrid deserved to win because their goalkeeper ensured Liverpool didn't score. Ultimately, that is why you have a keeper. Of course, saying that's correct 100% of the time is wrong. 

I think Ancelotti is a great manager and Madrid are not the best side in Europe so to win it like they did is a great achievement. But PSG and Man City will certainly have felt like they literally threw the games away. 
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    sam3110 said:

Choked !
    Behave yourself.
    Did Chelsea, Man City and PSG choke against Real Madrid.

Liverpool didn't choked in the League.
    They were 12 points behind City and only  an amazing come back by City against Villa won the league.

We have 3 amazing teams in England.
    Man City, Liverpool and the Odious, dirty money bankrolled, Russian state funded Putin side run by his cock womble bitch, Abramovich. Chelsea covered in shit yet smell of roses.

New owners and still lush with money.

You seem to have missed the blood stained, corrupt, dreadful human rights Arab money that funds Man City
  • Options
    edited May 2022

I'm starting to wonder if you're in a competition to make the most stupid posts.
  • Options
    I don't know why people hate Liverpool and wanted them to lose. You got your wish.

They are an English club playing in the champions League final.

Surely want the English club to win.