Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COVID and overseas travel

Comments

• Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Anybody used the Eurofins drive through PCR test for Day2 Amber return from abroad? They are advertising tests ‘from’ £20 at their Warrington test centre not far from me. I can’t seem to get their on line registration process to work though!  Beginning to look like another bunch of cowboys to me. The sooner this Day2 con is stopped the better!
    Haven't used them for the drive through test, but they were the ones I booked my fit-to-fly test through at Valencia airport and it was well organised and got result back quickly.
  • Options
    addix said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Anybody used the Eurofins drive through PCR test for Day2 Amber return from abroad? They are advertising tests ‘from’ £20 at their Warrington test centre not far from me. I can’t seem to get their on line registration process to work though!  Beginning to look like another bunch of cowboys to me. The sooner this Day2 con is stopped the better!
    Haven't used them for the drive through test, but they were the ones I booked my fit-to-fly test through at Valencia airport and it was well organised and got result back quickly.
    Cheers. Will keep trying then.
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Chaz Hill said:
    addix said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Finally figured out the weirdly laid out online reg form and have booked Amber return  2 day pcr tests at the Eurofins, Warrington site for the wife and I for £20 each. Result that. Even cheaper in the end than 'bad boys' Expert Medicals.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    addix said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Finally figured out the weirdly laid out online reg form and have booked Amber return  2 day pcr tests at the Eurofins, Warrington site for the wife and I for £20 each. Result that. Even cheaper in the end than 'bad boys' Expert Medicals.
    Sent back my Expert Medicals day 2 test a week ago, still heard nothing! 
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    addix said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Looks like nobody will care very much if Johnson signals the end of the tests for the fully vaccinated tomorrow.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    addix said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Looks like nobody will care very much if Johnson signals the end of the tests for the fully vaccinated tomorrow.
    Is that a possibility?

I've got 12 days left to book mine so I hope so.

Many on the list advertise 20 quid but then turn out to be more expensive.

What providers has anyone used that was a 20 quid DIY test?
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    addix said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Is that a possibility?

It is being suggested and could be part of Johnson’s ‘way forward’ announcement tomorrow. Probable it won’t take effect until October to coincide with the school half term holidays though.

I have actually managed to arrange and pay for a £20 Day2 PCR test for 1 October on my return from Spain. It is a drive through arrangement with a company called Eurofins. They have a facility in Warrington near to where we live. Not sure where else they are.
  • Options

Is that a possibility?

It is being suggested and could be part of Johnson’s ‘way forward’ announcement tomorrow. Probable it won’t take effect until October to coincide with the school half term holidays though.

I have actually managed to arrange and pay for a £20 Day2 PCR test for 1 October on my return from Spain. It is a drive through arrangement with a company called Eurofins. They have a facility in Warrington near to where we live. Not sure where else they are.
    Yes, looks like they might not stop until Oct, which will be good for our next holiday in Gran Canaria in mid-Nov. But likely to need them for our one from Friday - but risking not booking something yet, just in case
  • Options
    edited September 2021

Is that a possibility?

Yes, looks like they might not stop until Oct, which will be good for our next holiday in Gran Canaria in mid-Nov. But likely to need them for our one from Friday - but risking not booking something yet, just in case
    We’re off to Fuerteventura in mid November and like you hopefully this requirement will all be dumped by then. Resigned to having to cough up for next week but pleased to have got the £20 Eurofins deal. We bought the Co-op Pharmacy lateral flow (recommended on here) to take with us for the pre flight back.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

We’re off to Fuerteventura in mid November and like you hopefully this requirement will all be dumped by then. Resigned to having to cough up for next week but pleased to have got the £20 Eurofins deal. We bought the Co-op Pharmacy lateral flow (recommended on here) to take with us for the pre flight back.
    Wish I could find a day 2 here for £20!

I didn't realise you could buy a Co-op Pharmacy test here to take with and use for the pre-flight test. How much is it as we have sourced an antigen test in Moraira for 40 Euros
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    @fat man on a moped helpfully recommended it. Cost £25 for each test kit plus £3.95 postage. Definitely got a result with the Eurofins Day2 PCR  :)
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    @fat man on a moped helpfully recommended it. Cost £25 for each test kit plus £3.95 postage. Definitely got a result with the Eurofins Day2 PCR  :)
    Can you repost the link please? If not, I can look back :P)

• Options
    edited September 2021
    Chaz Hill said:

https://www.cooppharmacy.coop/products/pharmacy/covid-19-test-kits-for-travel/

Looks like they have gone up to £28  :/
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:

https://www.cooppharmacy.coop/products/pharmacy/covid-19-test-kits-for-travel/

Looks like they have gone up to £28  :/
    Thanks for the details. Just ordered 2 but paid £5.95 p&p as we are going on Friday and didn't want to risk them not arriving in time. Cheaper than the tests we were going to do in Spain and we don't need to take a taxi to/from the clinic either.
  • Options
    It will be interesting to see how many other airlines follow Qantas with all passengers required to be fully vaccinated for international flights. 

• Options
    It will be interesting to see how many other airlines follow Qantas with all passengers required to be fully vaccinated for international flights. 

As it should be in my opinion.
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    addix said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Is that a possibility?

Where in Warrington is it as that is where I live and could do with knowing where it is as my daughter and fiance are flying to Greece next week. Cheers
  • Options
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    addix said:
    Chaz Hill said:
    Is that a possibility?

Where in Warrington is it as that is where I live and could do with knowing where it is as my daughter and fiance are flying to Greece next week. Cheers
    It is actually at Birchwood. Instructions we were sent are below.

Link to book is https://www.traveltesting.eurofins.co.uk/amber-country

Please ensure that you bring your Order Number when you arrive at the Drive Through.

A map for our Livingston Site can be found here - Google Maps - Livingston Site

A map for our Warrington Site can be found here - Google Maps - Warrington Site

Please, read our Drive Through guidance for visitors 

In order to facilitate the safety of our team and the smooth running of our drive through facilities we ask that you follow the below basic rules:

1. Remain in your vehicle, no welfare facilities are available on site
    2. Ensure you have a suitable connected mobile device to enable you to pair the test sample to your order in the ReCova ordering portal.
    3. Follow the instructions contained in the kit when handed to you by our team
    4. Be aware that during busy periods you may have to queue to use the facility
    5. Please bring tissues and hand sanitiser with you.
    6. Please wear a face covering at all times when on the drive through site.
    7. Please do not eat or drink (other than water) for 30 mins before attending the site.
    8. Please do not eat or smoke whilst attending the site.

Don’t enter if you have: 

• Fever (high temperature – 38 degrees Celsius or above)
    • Cough
    • Shortness of breath
    • Loss or change to sense of smell or taste

Thank you!

Eurofins

Regards, 
    Eurofins

• Options
    Thanks Chaz Hill. Hope our paths cross up here soon 👍. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    flew into Luton last night and all very easy. We had everything checked at our departure airport - passenger locator form, negative PCR test and COVID pass. So on arrival at luton we just used e-gate, so much better than last time when border force were checking everything. Just waiting for day 2 test to arrive today.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    I'm home now.

Got the fit to fly test done in a local French pharmacy. But what a rigmarole searching for a Day 2 test and all the form filling.
    Plus the substantial extra expenses.

At the French aeroport, they only wanted to see passport, boarding pass and Covid doubled vaxed letter.
    Nobody asked to see my negative test certificate, uk locator form or anything else. But the queue was massive and slow moving. 
    The plane departure was delayed because of it.

At Gatwick, only the passport check was undertaken.

In France everybody was required to wear a face mask and on the plane itself.
    Back in the UK at Gatwick inside the airport, everybody wore a mask.

But on the train from Gatwick very few people wore a mask and nobody seemed to care about risk.
    Coming from France where it was compulsory and protections in place, the UK was a culture shock to find you could just do what you wanted without thinking of any consequences.

What is the point of this Day 2 test for double vaxed people?
    My greatest risk of contracting Covid wasn't in France - but back in the UK on the train, on my journey home.

Illogical. Farcical. Money making scam.

Seems today’s announcement will make things slightly easier and a bit less expensive from next month. Just off to Spain tomorrow so copped for all the extra hassle. Friends just back said the same as you. Felt safer over in Spain than here.
  • Options
    Excellent news about the changes. 
  • Options
    edited September 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    I'm home now.

Got the fit to fly test done in a local French pharmacy. But what a rigmarole searching for a Day 2 test and all the form filling.
    Plus the substantial extra expenses.

At the French aeroport, they only wanted to see passport, boarding pass and Covid doubled vaxed letter.
    Nobody asked to see my negative test certificate, uk locator form or anything else. But the queue was massive and slow moving. 
    The plane departure was delayed because of it.

At Gatwick, only the passport check was undertaken.

In France everybody was required to wear a face mask and on the plane itself.
    Back in the UK at Gatwick inside the airport, everybody wore a mask.

But on the train from Gatwick very few people wore a mask and nobody seemed to care about risk.
    Coming from France where it was compulsory and protections in place, the UK was a culture shock to find you could just do what you wanted without thinking of any consequences.

What is the point of this Day 2 test for double vaxed people?
    My greatest risk of contracting Covid wasn't in France - but back in the UK on the train, on my journey home.

Illogical. Farcical. Money making scam.

Yep, thats why I reluctantly gave up on the Pompey- Bolton double header. The other reason being that there are no flights to City at present, and return flighttimes from LHR mean I’d have to travel across London in the morning rush hour. No thanks. 
  • Options

From 4 October, people who are fully vaccinated will not need a pre-departure test before arrival into England from a non-red list country, says the transport secretary.

And from later in October, those people will be able to replace the day two PCR test with a cheaper lateral flow test.

Grant Shapps also announces that eight countries and territories will come off the red list from 04:00 BST on 22 September - they include Turkey, Pakistan and the Maldives.

Eight countries move off red list ahead of new two-tier system

The changes outlined by Grant Shapps for travellers arriving in England mean the current traffic light system will be replaced by a single red list of countries and territories - and simplified travel measures for arrivals from the rest of the world from 4 October.

Before the new two-tiered system is introduced, eight additional countries and territories will move off the red list.

They are:

• Turkey
    • Pakistan
    • The Maldives
    • Egypt
    • Sri Lanka
    • Oman
    • Bangladesh
    • Kenya

This will take effect from 04:00 BST on Wednesday 22 September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-58593572

• Options
    But I think only if vaccination has been approved by UK ie the vaccine and the country doing it
  • Options
    Why do we have to wait til Oct 22 before move to antigen tests? Eh? Does Schapps think the infection rate both in UK and abroad will be lower then? 

Surely it could not be that various mates
    of the govt have been guaranteed revenue from supplying a certain number of PCR tests?. 

No surely not, that sort of thing does not happen in the UK does it?

so whats the reason why it cant start as of, say, next Monday? 

Anyone?

• Options
    Why do we have to wait til Oct 22 before move to antigen tests? Eh? Does Schapps think the infection rate both in UK and abroad will be lower then? 

of the govt have been guaranteed revenue from supplying a certain number of PCR tests?. 

Anyone?

I believe you've spelled it out, Prague.

If the Government are happy to announce that it won't be needed in October, then surely it's not needed now?

Something rotten. But not in the State of Denmark.

• Options
    edited September 2021

Anyone?

Maybe to do with the start of half term school holidays?

More a political decision than medical one I expect