Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

COVID and overseas travel

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    Maybe a silly question, I don't know. Please humour me...

Are there any Covid travel rules for Ireland from the UK?

I'm thinking it might be difficult with the sensitivity of border checks. I'm planning on flying into Belfast, then catching a train to Dublin. The website mentions arrivals in Dublin transiting to NI, but not the other way...

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/travel_to_ireland_during_covid.html#:~:text=Proof of vaccination,within 72 hours before arrival

• Options
    Check the FCDO Travel Advice
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Maybe a silly question, I don't know. Please humour me...

Are there any Covid travel rules for Ireland from the UK?

I'm thinking it might be difficult with the sensitivity of border checks. I'm planning on flying into Belfast, then catching a train to Dublin. The website mentions arrivals in Dublin transiting to NI, but not the other way...

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/travel_to_ireland_during_covid.html#:~:text=Proof of vaccination,within 72 hours before arrival

Why not fly direct to Dublin. Lots of cheap flights.

You just have to be fully vaccinated and fill in an on line form before you travel.
  • Options

Exemptions from testing requirements

• people who are travelling in the course of their duties and are an international transport worker in possession of an annex 3 certificate, the driver of a heavy goods vehicle or are aviation crew or maritime crew
    • patients travelling to Ireland for urgent medical reasons, and that reason is certified by a registered medical practitioner or person with equivalent qualifications outside the State
    • children aged 11 and under
    • passengers whose journey originated in Northern Ireland and have not been overseas in the 14-day prior to arrival
  • Options
    Going to France in a couple of weeks and have just seen that my second jab was too long ago to be counted for 'fully vaccinated'.

Travellers can enter the country if their second vaccine was under 9 months ago, but in order to actually do anything while I'm there (shops, bars etc) it needs to have been within 4 months.

Stumbled upon that by absolute chance, but it's a good thing I'd checked!
  • Options

• people who are travelling in the course of their duties and are an international transport worker in possession of an annex 3 certificate, the driver of a heavy goods vehicle or are aviation crew or maritime crew
    • patients travelling to Ireland for urgent medical reasons, and that reason is certified by a registered medical practitioner or person with equivalent qualifications outside the State
    • passengers whose journey originated in Northern Ireland and have not been overseas in the 14-day prior to arrival
    that would not cover the journey proposed which starts in England.
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Thanks for your help people.

to answer your question @Crusty54 I have business to do in Derry and Belfast. I have to get to Dublin simply to fly home to Japan.

are you sure ‘overseas’ wouldn’t include England? I assumed it would from an Irish perspective.
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Crusty54 said:

to answer your question @Crusty54 I have business to do in Derry and Belfast. I have to get to Dublin simply to fly home to Japan.

are you sure ‘overseas’ wouldn’t include England? I assumed it would from an Irish perspective.
    Overseas wouldn't include England.

I'm doing the same journey as you next week (fly into Belfast and then drive down to Dublin). I don't anticipate being stopped at the border...
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Crusty54 said:

I'm doing the same journey as you next week (fly into Belfast and then drive down to Dublin). I don't anticipate being stopped at the border...
    I would be extremely interested to hear how you get on @Spora@SporadicAddick. Would you mind letting me know? Also, are you going to do a Locator form?

I’m trying to avoid 3 day’s hotel quarantine back here, hence my interest.
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Crusty54 said:

Exactly this.
    Common travel agreement means it doesn’t include England.
    You won’t be stopped at the border (well not for that reason 😜)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Crusty54 said:

I would be extremely interested to hear how you get on @Spora@SporadicAddick. Would you mind letting me know? Also, are you going to do a Locator form?

No longer required (and indeed it hasn't been from Ireland for some time).

I was in Dublin in November. 

This is the current travel advice when returning from Ireland:

If you are fully vaccinated

Before you travel to England you must complete a passenger locator form. You need to do this in the 48 hours before you arrive in England.

You do not need to take any COVID-19 travel tests before you travel to England or after you arrive.

You do not need to quarantine when you arrive in England.

• Options
    Croydon said:
    Going to France in a couple of weeks and have just seen that my second jab was too long ago to be counted for 'fully vaccinated'.

Travellers can enter the country if their second vaccine was under 9 months ago, but in order to actually do anything while I'm there (shops, bars etc) it needs to have been within 4 months.

Stumbled upon that by absolute chance, but it's a good thing I'd checked!
    Yes, good job - always check the FCDO Travel Advice before every trip, which included the covid requirements/situation :) Maybe France is like Spain and you can have your booster right up until you go and don't have to wait 2 weeks for it to be valid
  • Options
    Bali holiday in a couple of months … which was the 5th rebooking since May 2020 … BA and SingAir just cancelled flights. 

Can’t be bothered to go through process with them yet again, so rebooked through Qatar Air … easier journey and good price with short layover. 
  • Options
    edited February 2022
    Cloudworm said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Crusty54 said:

will do..no need for PLF (at least the last time I was in Dublin in November - common travel area)
  • Options
    Cloudworm said:
    Cloudworm said:
    Crusty54 said:

will do..no need for PLF (at least the last time I was in Dublin in November - common travel area)
    As stated in the travel advice for Ireland I posted above no tests or quarantine required in either direction to/from Ireland if you are fully vaccinated and can show it. You just have to fill in and print an on line form within 48 hours of each journey.