Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Craig MacGillivray signs from Pompey - 2 year deal

Comments

• edited June 2021
    Look forward to watching his heroics in bailing out our defence

• J BLOCK said:
    Redhenry said:
    must be better than Amos, some have forgotten how many medium/long range shots he let in last season
    This. Started well, but was disaster in the mid part of last season.
     Insert Bowyer "Worldies" gif.
  • Craig, we concede about 10 Worldies a season that we expect neither the goalie to save or our players to close down the striker of the ball. Not a bad pass to have as a goalie.
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Looks like a very solid goalkeeper. May have some struggles with the ball at his feet in tight situations but his long distribution actually appears to be excellent - one of his strengths last season. Plenty of balls delivered onto the head of Jayden Stockley I expect.
    What the hell is an Exit? 
    Coming off the line to claim crosses / high balls.

https://dataglossary.wyscout.com/gk_leaving_line/
    So an exit is unchallenged and a duel is challenged?  
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Looks like a very solid goalkeeper. May have some struggles with the ball at his feet in tight situations but his long distribution actually appears to be excellent - one of his strengths last season. Plenty of balls delivered onto the head of Jayden Stockley I expect.

Looks that way
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Looks that way
    Doesn't look many 
  • Impressive compilation. 
  • Videos good apart from that bell ringing twat at the start...
  • Sponsored links:

• @Weegie Addick
    How do you pronounce his name properly?
    He spells it differently to the only other one I know, Jermaine, the rugby league player 🤔
    Do you spend much time looking at men in shorts ? 
    😉
    Of course I fecking do 😜😎
  • A Scottish international as well … 
    Christ, that's us screwed then.
  • Got to say, meh. The two seasons we have been in league one have paid a bit of attention to Pompey games and this lad has been bang average at best IMO. In fact I have thought we should target him with shots outside the box when we played them.

Our scouts will be better than some bloke who has seen 8-9 Portsmouth games over a couple seasons, so I hope to be made a fool of and he is a world beater
  • @Weegie Addick
    He spells it differently to the only other one I know, Jermaine, the rugby league player 🤔
    I'd suggest Me-gill-ee-vray. Pretty straightforward. 

Good looking lad!
  • Some very good saves in that montage, seems a bit short so I can't imagine him coming to claim as confidently as Amos did, also doesn't seem as commanding but he definitely looks like a pure shot stopper and agile. 

Welcome Craig 
  • Was our last Scottish GK Charlie Wright ? 
    And before him Wiilie Duff and part time before him John Hewie 😉
  • Sponsored links:

• edited June 2021
    Blimey......a Scottish Yorkshireman.

I wouldn't like to be in a round with him too often!
    I always thought Yorkshiremen were Scots who didn’t make it to London 😉.
  • Blimey......a Scottish Yorkshireman.

I wouldn't like to be in a round with him too often!
    Throw @ElfsborgAddick into the mix and it would be like a Mexican standoff 😁
  • Some very good saves in that montage, seems a bit short so I can't imagine him coming to claim as confidently as Amos did, also doesn't seem as commanding but he definitely looks like a pure shot stopper and agile. 

Welcome Craig 
    According to wiki, Amos 5’ 11’’ and MacGillivray 6’ 2’’

Welcome Craig 
    Wouldn't rely on Wikipedia for player heights. A Google search on Amos suggests he could be anything from 5 ft 11 to 6 ft 3 and McGillivray between 5 ft 11 and 6 ft 2.
  • edited June 2021
    Scoham said:
    Some very good saves in that montage, seems a bit short so I can't imagine him coming to claim as confidently as Amos did, also doesn't seem as commanding but he definitely looks like a pure shot stopper and agile. 

Welcome Craig 
    Wouldn't rely on Wikipedia for player heights. A Google search on Amos suggests he could be anything from 5 ft 11 to 6 ft 3 and McGillivray between 5 ft 11 and 6 ft 2.
    Having stood next to Amos I’d say he’s 6 foot plus.
  • RedChaser said:
    Scoham said:
    Some very good saves in that montage, seems a bit short so I can't imagine him coming to claim as confidently as Amos did, also doesn't seem as commanding but he definitely looks like a pure shot stopper and agile. 

Welcome Craig 
    Having stood next to Amos I’d say he’s 6 foot plus.
    He looks big, one of his strengths, in my opinion is coming for crosses, I don't think we have had a keeper as good at that for a long long time.

Looking forward to seeing the big mac.  It will be nice to know in May who our number 1 will be next season then signing someone is a bonus.  Not shitting ourselves because we haven't got a keeper. 
  • Scoham said:

Welcome Craig 
    According to the Portsmouth site Craig is 6'2 or just under, Amos is most definitely 6'4 or just under. I'd say there's a 2 inch height difference either way
  • @Weegie Addick
    Do you spend much time looking at men in shorts ? 
    😉
    Of course I fecking do 😜😎

• The guns of Navarone