Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Craig MacGillivray signs from Pompey - 2 year deal

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    J BLOCK said:
    I think McGillivray is possibly slightly better than Amos and at the very least as good as Amos.
    I’d have a bet their player of the season is better than Ben ‘gets beat from 30 yards out every week’ Amos 
    Team that finished 8th's player of the year is significantly better than team that finished 7th's runner up?

The grief our top 3 of the votes get its a surprise we didn't get relegated. 
    How many goals did we concede last season?
    Don't know but Amos faced more shots than anyone else in the top ten clean sheets.  Kept more clean sheets than McGillivray.  But stats and facts hay.

Not complaining, very good signing, would have been more than happy with either of them.  But it's not like we have gone from Thuram to Kiely. 
  • Options
    pleased with that, I wasn't ever convinced by Amos, especially his dealing with long range shots, so hopefully Craig is a step up. Now need an experienced older keeper as back up so that AMB can go and get a full season on loan and return as our long term number 1.
  • Options
    Rather have a decent keeper than one that can pass.  Keepers are there to stop goals first and foremost.. sounds a decent bit of business this.
  • Options
    From what I've seen and heard I think this should be an upgrade on Amos. Welcome, Craig.
  • Options
    Should be able to throw the ball the length of the pitch 
  • Options
    If he got POTY for a club who are expected to be a promotion rival in this division then it's a decent signing for us.

Anyone know why he left Pompey? I'm going to assume they wanted to keep their POTY so have we given him a better offer than they did and he's fancied a change of scenery?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattF said:
    I have never in my life seen a man who looks more like a finance director
    He keeps lots of clean balance sheets
  • Options
    If he got POTY for a club who are expected to be a promotion rival in this division then it's a decent signing for us.

Anyone know why he left Pompey? I'm going to assume they wanted to keep their POTY so have we given him a better offer than they did and he's fancied a change of scenery?
    https://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/4355331#Comment_4355331
  • Options
    MattF said:
    I have never in my life seen a man who looks more like a finance director

I thought Craig Mac looked more like the next James Bond ?

Fanny, Weggie, and our other Charlton Ladies, are you shaken and stirred ?

• Options
    seems that Amos wants away, now he can go and not be missed .. this bloke is a more than adequate replacement .. a good bit of business
  • Options
    Great signing - Presumably AMB is still going out on loan with MacGillivray as first choice, then a reserve keeper coming in, possibly as a loan?
    Be surprised if it's a loan, think it will be a freebie. 
  • Options
    I wonder how his clean sheet record is compared to Amos?
  • Options
    2 year deal, so in 18 months he can be running his contract down and talking to other clubs. Nothing ever changes.............  :D
    We’ll be preparing for the Premier league then though.  We all know that the premier league is no place for Scottish players. They need to be in a league where they can celebrate their 0-0 wins. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2021
    He’s Scottish, therefore drinks a lot.  I should imagine has has had a few more damp bedsheets than Amos. 
  • Options
    2 fewer than Amos last season 15 vs 17
  • Options
    as you know, clean sheets are not just down to the keeper, but to the defence as a whole
  • Options
    Great signing - always been impressed with him. Amos out and him in really improves the team. 
  • Options
    Fantastic.
  • Options
    In the league Mac conceded 51 goals in 46 games, getting 15 clean sheets. Ben conceded 56 in 46 games with 17 clean sheets.

Very similar to be fair.
  • Options
    Was our last Scottish GK Charlie Wright ? 
  • Options
    Our first ever keeper from Yorkshire?