Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Craig MacGillivray signs from Pompey - 2 year deal

Comments

• Pleased that another player is across the line. This one has been rumoured for a while and I would like to think that we are working on a number of others like Stockley and MacGillivray who are good enough to make a big impact at the top end of this Division.
  • The fella has got extraordinary biceps, nearly as large as mine.
  • Interesting comment by McGillivray that this has been bubbling away since the end of last season. Makes me think that Amos did indicate that he would leaving or at least would if a Northern club was interested. Of course even Amos being out of contract necessitated us looking but there was obviously significant contact with McGillivray.
  • 2 year deal, so in 18 months he can be running his contract down and talking to other clubs. Nothing ever changes.............  :D
    Came here expecting to read this, didn’t disappoint 🤣

I thought there may have been a reply from an optimists saying 2 years is good as it means we can sign better when we’re in the Championship!
  • I believed Nigel and Steve Gallen when they said they would be following up and working on transfers straight away. Not surprised to hear that the MacGillivray transfer took some time.

As I said yesterday the bulk of our signings need to be done over the next 28 days so we can start the season with everyone other that a couple of loans or maybe a late move for someone after August 7th with a Yann type signing (behave Sam!)

I want players to get to know each other at Sparrows lane not on the field at the Valley against the 'massive'. The longer they can work together and get the pre season work done as a collective the better.
  • I wonder what they make of this on Pompey Life...
    "Overrated" "Charlton are welcome to him" "They've lost Amos so were desperate" "I bet they're overpaying him" 

The usual stuff I imagine
  • before I welcome him, I need to know the answer to the most important Charlton life question when judging a new player…..does he have tattoos?
  • before I welcome him, I need to know the answer to the most important Charlton life question when judging a new player…..does he have tattoos?
    No but his arms are works of art. Or, er, so I hear. From other people, obviously. Ahem.
  • Good signing.  2 years younger than Amos, who was okay, but nothing special.  I have no clue if he's any better than Amos, but I highly doubt he's any worse.  

• Sponsored links:

• By all accounts rated highly by Pompey fans, seems exactly the type of signing we need - reasonably young and yet proven in this division.

Very pleased with this one - more like this pleased TS & NA!
  • Great stuff.

Onwards and upwards!
  • Welcome aboard Craig. As others have said it seems his biggest weakness is coming for crosses, something I loved about Amos. Other than that though a very decent signing and a solid replacement for Amos. 
  • Welcome aboard Craig. As others have said it seems his biggest weakness is coming for crosses, something I loved about Amos. Other than that though a very decent signing and a solid replacement for Amos. 
    I feel like having a weakness like that is at least something that can be worked on and improved. Where as being a good 'shot-stopper' is probably something that on the main you have to inherently have due to various genetic traits. 
    "Overrated" "Charlton are welcome to him" "They've lost Amos so were desperate" "I bet they're overpaying him" 

The usual stuff I imagine
    Have they wheeled out "didn't want to stay here to be number 2 to....."

As a lot of cafc twitter have about Amos? 
  • @Weegie Addick
    How do you pronounce his name properly?
    He spells it differently to the only other one I know, Jermaine, the rugby league player 🤔
  • @Weegie Addick
    He spells it differently to the only other one I know, Jermaine, the rugby league player 🤔
    I think you pronounce it, "dribble dribble them guns, dribble dribble" x
  • @Weegie Addick
    Cray-gur 
    Lol
    stupid boy 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• thenewbie said:
    before I welcome him, I need to know the answer to the most important Charlton life question when judging a new player…..does he have tattoos?
    No but his arms are works of art. Or, er, so I hear. From other people, obviously. Ahem.
    I would  ;)
  • @Weegie Addick
    Do you spend much time looking at men in shorts ? 
    😉
  • I think he should be called Macca for the avoidance of doubt 
  • Nickname at Pompey was Big Mac

• Looks like a very solid goalkeeper. May have some struggles with the ball at his feet in tight situations but his long distribution actually appears to be excellent - one of his strengths last season. Plenty of balls delivered onto the head of Jayden Stockley I expect.
    What the hell is an Exit? 
  • edited June 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:

Looks like a very solid goalkeeper. May have some struggles with the ball at his feet in tight situations but his long distribution actually appears to be excellent - one of his strengths last season. Plenty of balls delivered onto the head of Jayden Stockley I expect.
    Coming off the line to claim crosses / high balls.

https://dataglossary.wyscout.com/gk_leaving_line/
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Looks like a very solid goalkeeper. May have some struggles with the ball at his feet in tight situations but his long distribution actually appears to be excellent - one of his strengths last season. Plenty of balls delivered onto the head of Jayden Stockley I expect.
    I’d imagine it’s number of times he leaves his box 

• Looks like a very solid goalkeeper. May have some struggles with the ball at his feet in tight situations but his long distribution actually appears to be excellent - one of his strengths last season. Plenty of balls delivered onto the head of Jayden Stockley I expect.
    It would be be interesting to see the stats for Amos to compare them
  • edited June 2021
    @Weegie Addick
    Do you spend much time looking at men in shorts ? 
    😉
    Nudge nudge wink wink :)