Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Craig MacGillivray signs from Pompey - 2 year deal

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    McG was an old fashioned keeper as indicated above he wasn't good at adapting to Garner ball.

From what I have read that is also what happened at MKD. An Evans team would suit his style.
  • Options
    Horrendous keeper.  Not big, very flappy, crap with his feet.  A real mystery in my opinion that he keeps getting a gig 
  • Options
    pony on a par with Isted , AMB just in front .... guff no promotion keeper currently at Charlton
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    I did expect our goalkeeping situation to drastically improve following his departure. Sadly, it's been marginal.
    I think the standard of GK coaching has fallen off a cliff.
    AMB, warm up routine has never been good, but it looks lacklustre and sloppy now.
     I also think that he has a problem with his posture, seems hunched and never up on his toes.
  • Options
    AMB is still a young developing keeper, he had a serious injury last season just into his League debut (with Gillingham), played a few games as first choice last season and this season was 2nd choice till Isted was injured and has played behind an inconsistent accident prone defence, hardly the recipe for a confident young keeper. 

Give him some consistent defenders in front of him and he will develop into a good keeper, albeit to get there he may need to play 2nd fiddle to a new keeper for a whiie
  • Options
    While not perfect, AMB is streets ahead of McDreadful.
    I don't think there is much between them. AMB is cut more slack as he's a youth product.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Talal said:
    Strange one considering he has played 26 games this season
    Maybe he showed the type of form he did for us. 
    If he did that, he'd be on the nackers yard. Worst keeper I can ever remember, including Thuram! McFlappy was horse 💩 
    I don't know what went wrong with him, the previous season he was Portsmouth's POTY.
    A pompey ST I know raved about him, said he would be the difference for us. He wernt wrong tbf! Just not in the way he said 
  • Options
    pony on a par with Isted , AMB just in front .... guff no promotion keeper currently at Charlton
    Question, If it was a possibility, would you take Dillon back over the 2 we have? Curious to your answer...
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Question, If it was a possibility, would you take Dillon back over the 2 we have? Curious to your answer...
    Every day of the week. And Amos over him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Dillon was far from perfect and his career has hardly taken off since departing us.  In fact I doubt many have seen him more than a couple of times in the last few years.  Not for me thanks 
  • Options
    While not perfect, AMB is streets ahead of McDreadful.
    I don't think there is much between them. AMB is cut more slack as he's a youth product.
    Nothing to do with AMB being "one of our own" for me, but purely based on what I have seen between the sticks.
    In my opinion when MacG wasn't MacDreadful he was MacCalamity.
  • Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    Without a doubt, was gutted when Phillips left.
  • Options
    AMB has made some phenomenal saves this season so far, let's not forget that

• Options
    CAFCDAZ said:
    I don’t know what the current Dillon is like but the one who left us was better than our current two