Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Craig MacGillivray signs from Pompey - 2 year deal

Comments

• Options
    mendonca said:
    One thing I would say to those pushing the case for AMB. Don't expect the finished article but do expect mistakes which are hopefully just stem from "learning on the job".
    At the very least feel that Macca and AMB should get equal game time during Pre-Season.

If we primarily see Macca, with Ashley given limited minutes, then I'll be pissed
  • Options
    i would also agree that we need an upgrade on MacGillivray - he doesn't command his box well enough for me, his distribution is OK and an upgrade on Phillips but thinking of keepers we've had in the past few seasons, Ben Amos is clear. 
  • Options
    He’ll probably end up player of the season as we storm the division, and he’ll end up leaving on a free at the end of the season!
    I'd take it.
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    One thing I would say to those pushing the case for AMB. Don't expect the finished article but do expect mistakes which are hopefully just stem from "learning on the job".
    At the very least feel that Macca and AMB should get equal game time during Pre-Season.

If we primarily see Macca, with Ashley given limited minutes, then I'll be pissed
    which ever one is starting the season as number 1 needs to play the bulk of preseason, especially with a new defence in front of them
  • Options
    Thanks for the memories Mackeeper. 
  • Options
    Seems like I’m in the minority here when I say I think there’s  a good keeper in there.
  • Options
    Macca’s days have now got to be numbered. Wouldn’t be disappointed if he left 
  • Options
    Swisdom said:
    the modern goalie needs to be an extra defender and good with their feet.  If we are going to play that was we need a new #1

AMB is a great goalie but I’m not so sure he’s a ball playing gk

Harness is s bit more comfortable with the ball at his feet as is Kone but suspect neither ready for regular first team football yet.

The times I have seen Harness play in the 1st team the biggest weakness I can see in his game is when he has the ball at his feet
  • Options
    mendonca said:

which ever one is starting the season as number 1 needs to play the bulk of preseason, especially with a new defence in front of them
    Agreed, but at least for the opening couple of Friendlies.

Certainly come the Swansea game we need to have decided on who is going to be Number One
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    NabySarr said:

Shot stopping is supposed to be his strength but he was one of the worst performing in the league. He had some good games, but a lot of those clean sheets were home wins where he had little to do. Really hope AMB or a new keeper can take his spot this year
    Same stat but for league 2 and I think we are definitely getting an upgrade. I’m assuming Wollacott can use his feet better than MacG as well 
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Who’s this Shamal George fellow? Not been on my radar at all.
  • Options
    He isn’t wrong though is he? Craig wasn’t good enough. No idea why he was fully expecting to be number 1? First bit of competition and he starts liking fans tweets about how harshly he has been treated ?  
  • Options
    Blucher said:
    If Craig MacGillivray has been liking silly tweets, he'd be well advised to get his head down, work hard and try and win his place back in the side. He'll presumably get a chance to stake his claim in November/December when Wollacott goes off to the World Cup with Ghana.
    Exactly. We’d be foolish to have no experienced cover over the WC given how many games there are over that period
  • Options
    Considering AMB won’t be going to the WC now, presume they’ll be happy for him and harness to be cover 
  • Options
    Now Unliked all the tweets, must have realised how embarrassing it was  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If someone like Dobson (who was actually good last season and popular with fans) is still facing a fight to be first choice then for McGillivray to think he wouldn't is either delusional or arrogant or both.

I don't think he's a bad keeper honestly, and behind a consistent and well drilled defence he'd probably look pretty good but he certainly did not cover himself in glory.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:
    Considering AMB won’t be going to the WC now, presume they’ll be happy for him and harness to be cover 
    Ruled out until at least December, so won’t be cover unfortunately 
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    Valley11 said:
    Twitter is a mouthpiece for arseholes isn’t it? So bizarre. 
    What I thought was bizarre is how highly rated CM is by some of our fans.

I don’t think he’s terrible at all but we’ve had quite a few good keepers in recent history and he’s got to be one of the weakest.

Perhaps the difference with GKs is you sometimes have to look for what they’re not doing. I’ve never been concerned a Championship club might come in for him, unlike say Dobson and CBT.
  • Options
    Hadn’t thought about it till the squad numbers, but I suspect that they’re looking to let McG go to help balance the books, he’s clearly not the right kind of keeper for Garner. If we did though, I’d worry a bit for the month we don’t have Woolacott or if he got injured. Think we’d have to replace him with a season loan.
  • Options
    RC_CAFC said:
    Hadn’t thought about it till the squad numbers, but I suspect that they’re looking to let McG go to help balance the books, he’s clearly not the right kind of keeper for Garner. If we did though, I’d worry a bit for the month we don’t have Woolacott or if he got injured. Think we’d have to replace him with a season loan.
    If we flog him it will only be another £7,999,999 to go to balance the books.....
  • Options
    On the same day Maccy D’s put up their cheeseburgers by 20p , first time in 14 years, uncanny!
  • Options
    Haha what a gimp for liking those tweets.

If the reality is we have to let a bigger earner go in order to bring in a senior striker then we should cut Craigy Mac loose.

The guy is allergic to leaving his six-yard box. Pointless individual.
    I think he was probably just liking them as a thanks for the show of support. He probably realised it wouldn’t come across that way. For all I think we can do better, he has always come across as a decent bloke.