Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

England v Croatia - Match thread

Comments

• Options
    Got to be injuries to Sancho and Chilwell. No other option would make any sense. 
  • Options
    well i'm glad we got two goalkeepers on the bench 
  • Options
    When they increased the squad from 23 to 26 they said you would still only be able to name 23 for each game. So 3 players not on the bench.
  • Options
    Feel for Luke Shaw. What’s the point in him being there?

If you’re not going to play him, don’t take him.
  • Options
    Don’t see what the fuss is about. Decent team.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Laddick01 said:

Unless its proof that Southgate doesnt trust Mings - To be fair, he's there because we dont have another left sided Centre-Back

Only wants to play four at the back so wants an experienced full-back alongside him.
  • Options
    Trippier is probably in the team for set-pieces too. 

I think this will be Southgate's last tournament. So many decisions are baffling in that line-up
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

Unless its proof that Southgate doesnt trust Mings - To be fair, he's there because we dont have another left sided Centre-Back

Only wants to play four at the back so wants an experienced full-back alongside him.
    I get the point but isn’t he basically saying to Shaw, I don’t trust you defensively.

Also shows his mindset, which is even more worrying.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is Southgate bowyer in disguise  ?  A RB  at LB and Declan Rice in midfield. Going for a 0-0 already......
  • Options
    No sancho in the squad
    Didnt overly impress against Romania though did he?
    No but would have thought he'd be on the bench. Is there a limit to how many players can be on the bench at this tournament? Thought you could just have the rest of the squad on there? 
    No, you are allowed 23 out of the 26.
  • Options
    Maguire is a waste of a squad place,been out injured for so long,Henderson isnt fully fit,why take these players if they're not up to speed? Doesnt make sense
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

He's only there as he has some pace. He can pick up a pizza pretty quickly. 
  • Options
    Is Southgate bowyer in disguise  ?  A RB  at LB and Declan Rice in midfield. Going for a 0-0 already......
    Are you shocked he selected a midfielder in midfield?
  • Options
    Phillips and Stirling lucky to be in the starting line up. Grealish should be in the team but not surprised he isn't. Hopefully can make an impact from the bench.

• Options
    Even moving Mount back alongside Rice to accommodate Grealish would’ve shown some intent. 

It’s just so uninspiring when he lines up with that 11 first game.
  • Options
    I agree with you mate. I think they both went on the same FA coaching badge course lol

I'm praying we dont just sneak a win today and Southgate uses that as a way to justify his selection. Come on England we are fully behind you but we dont want a team set up not to lose fucking go for it. If you cant then lose today so Southgate has to change tact
  • Options
    PE teacher line up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    2 - 0 England -Sterling, Kane (pen)

Play up England
  • Options
    we're in one of the two toughest groups .. essential to get off to a good start .. the much criticised line up is flexible .. Kane, Sterling, Mount, a decent attack .. perhaps over cautious in midfield but the Croats are strong there and we will need to match them .. expect a very lox scoring game ((:>)
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Putting this in Charlton terms makes that Trippier choice so wrong.

Chris Solly was a fantastic RB for us. I think the 3 worst games I’ve ever seen him have were at LB. I remember he even got sent off he’d lost his head that much!

Im afraid the same will happen with Trippier. Quality RB, unproven LB being thrown in the deep end.
  • Options
    Come on boys -- give us something to cheer.
  • Options
    If we stroll this game it will be interesting to see the reaction amongst all the excellent armchair managers on Twitter. 
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Even moving Mount back alongside Rice to accommodate Grealish would’ve shown some intent. 

It’s just so uninspiring when he lines up with that 11 first game.

Mount is in midfield, Grealish missed out to Foden and Sterling. 
  • Options
    Southgate used to play as a full back? surely he knows playing a full back on the opposite side to where he is most natural is not a good idea.