Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THOSE WITH TICKETS TO THE EUROS

Comments

• Options
    What was the capacity for the game? Thought it was 65k out of 90k? Looked like a sell out on tv!

we predicted there would be break ins, too obvious. 

Agree that checks need to be done further away, this happened at stade de france in 2016 and worked well. Even twickenham and cardiff you get checked a bit further out from the stadium 
  • Options
    On the checks being so close to the stadium, isn't part of the issue the concern that if they were further back towards Wembley Park station there could be a big jam from the queues from the checks and backing up into the station itself? 

From the 2 games I was at I was genuinely surprised by the lack of security after you got through the ticket check. Seemed to be quite a few police on Wembley way but after that checkpoint I could probably count on one hand the number of police and stewards I saw before going through the turnstiles.
  • Options
    another suggestion that would of stopped the masses make the area around wembley an alcohol free zone
    Apparently there was 200k in the wembley area at 6PM. Numbers were mental. 

Problem is that Wembley has a reputation for being easy to sneak into. Yesterday, will have shown the whole world how they do not have sufficient resources in place for major matches. Wembley stadiums and the police must make changes to ensure this cannot happen again. No idea what they can do, but something must be done. 
  • Options
    Imagine Brent council will be asked to look at this - from a safety issue and a drinks licensing issue. Sorry that you had your day ruined. 
  • Options
    the shops selling alcohol on Wembley way stop serving an hour before kick off - I know last night a special order was put in for all premises selling alcohol to close with immediate effect within 5 miles this was at 9.30pm bit late imo
  • Options
    Imagine Brent council will be asked to look at this - from a safety issue and a drinks licensing issue. Sorry that you had your day ruined. 
    I also can't see why Brent Council couldn't have provided a waste removal/recycling presence - at least around the stadium.

All the pictures of the mess I see is where the bins are overflowing with rubbish strewn around them. It always appears to me other major cities are really hot on this with plenty of 'council' staff on hand with the right vehicles and resources in place.
  • Options
    another suggestion that would of stopped the masses make the area around wembley an alcohol free zone
    Apparently there was 200k in the wembley area at 6PM. Numbers were mental. 

Problem is that Wembley has a reputation for being easy to sneak into. Yesterday, will have shown the whole world how they do not have sufficient resources in place for major matches. Wembley stadiums and the police must make changes to ensure this cannot happen again. No idea what they can do, but something must be done. 
    If it remains that easy to get in, it will become a terrorist target. 
  • Options
    Wembley are lying about only a few people getting in, there were hundreds possibly thousands without tickets who got in - Id be pretty sure some of the stewards were complicit with letting their mates in particularly for the extra time period - it wasnt a great experience particularly for the cost at £850 a ticket ! 
    I know for a fact this has happened since the Germany game
    It explains why I thought there was way more than 60,000 there.
    I said at the time it looked quite near to capacity.
  • Options
    Makes it even more baffling why there was so little security. If its been happening since the Germany game there is no way they wouldn't be aware of it, so no excuse not to be prepared.

I was at the Denmark semi-final and there were loads of people watching the game on the stairs as not enough seats. They didn't check tickets at the checkpoints either, just a quick glance at my phone for the proof of negative covid test 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    another thing that added to the carnage yesterday was the kick off time 8pm i know its traditional but people were out all day - i know a pub in islington the faltering fullback people were outside waiting to get in from 8.30am
    What difference does it make, I am sure fans of each country enjoyed their days leading up to an 8pm kick off in a lot of previous tournaments.

The bare facts of it are the Brits are just scum bags when it comes to this. As others have said English fans are the Millwall of international football and yesterday’s scenes confirm it. 

• Options
    Makes it even more baffling why there was so little security. If its been happening since the Germany game there is no way they wouldn't be aware of it, so no excuse not to be prepared.

I was at the Denmark semi-final and there were loads of people watching the game on the stairs as not enough seats. They didn't check tickets at the checkpoints either, just a quick glance at my phone for the proof of negative covid test 
    I’ve just looked at some pics and vids I took and apart from the small corporate section it’s pretty much banged out. All around us was so that suggests 20k more than official attendance and herberts on the stairs / concourse etc 
  • Options

I’ve just looked at some pics and vids I took and apart from the small corporate section it’s pretty much banged out. All around us was so that suggests 20k more than official attendance and herberts on the stairs / concourse etc 
    I totally agree, I was there and looking around the ground I couldn't really see an empty seat - let alone an empty section. If the capacity is 85,000 or so that's how many people were there. I would suspect fraud and corruption on an industrial scale if they are still saying they only sold 60,000 seats. They have announced an inquiry today which is what I suggested/hoped for earlier. If they trot out this nonsense about it being a small minority only one hundred or so crap it will be par for the course but it will be a complete cover up/ fabrication of what actually went on.  
  • Options
    another thing that added to the carnage yesterday was the kick off time 8pm i know its traditional but people were out all day - i know a pub in islington the faltering fullback people were outside waiting to get in from 8.30am
    What difference does it make, I am sure fans of each country enjoyed their days leading up to an 8pm kick off in a lot of previous tournaments.

The bare facts of it are the Brits are just scum bags when it comes to this. As others have said English fans are the Millwall of international football and yesterday’s scenes confirm it. 

They’re not England fans mate, they just attach themselves to these events. Most would not be able to name more than a few players or who we had in our qualifying group. Such a shame, as once again it’s the ‘England fans’ label that gets run through the gutter.
  • Options

I totally agree, I was there and looking around the ground I couldn't really see an empty seat - let alone an empty section. If the capacity is 85,000 or so that's how many people were there. I would suspect fraud and corruption on an industrial scale if they are still saying they only sold 60,000 seats. They have announced an inquiry today which is what I suggested/hoped for earlier. If they trot out this nonsense about it being a small minority only one hundred or so crap it will be par for the course but it will be a complete cover up/ fabrication of what actually went on.  
    Most of the ground was stood all game. That can distort the amount of empty seats. Not saying it was not over the allowed capacity as I was there, but that will play a part in the perception.
  • Options

Most of the ground was stood all game. That can distort the amount of empty seats. Not saying it was not over the allowed capacity as I was there, but that will play a part in the perception.
    Fair point no of that stand up sit laugh. But I was squeezed by a guy the whole game as when he fell over the seats in front and laid there I helped him out and pulled a back muscle. Drunk older northern! It’s was dregs day out .. 
  • Options
    There was loads in without a ticket. Atmosphere was better in the semi final. Some England “fans” are a different breed. Semi final an arsenal fan was booing the taking of the knee but thought Saka was amazing. Plenty of people told him to shut up moaning at everyone especially Kane....ironically said nothing when he scored the winner. Then yesterday probably sang and stood up for the majority of the game. Kid sat behind and seats in front were sitting down so at the start of second were sat down and had a group of lads swearing at everyone  who was sat down especially out to myself and my girlfriend...luckily we held our own and gave it back to which they were surprised about but shock rather than supporting the team they went for other fans and swearing in front of kids and at females. Irony is they didn’t sing at all and left as soon as they could at full time. Shame a few spoil it for others. 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Unsurprisingly there seems to be huge numbers of positive Covid cases on the back of the Wembley games! No doubt not helped by the hundreds of idiots forcing their way in, bypassing covid checks (which were pretty lax in the first place), and increasing the capped attendance.

If you were at the semis or final I'd take a test, I know lots of people who attended and have tested positive this week, even with no or little symptoms 
  • Options
    edited July 2021
    Agreed, heard of lots of cases again myself. Not surprised one bit. After getting it myself on the day of the Germany game despite taking the necessary precautions, we were extra careful at this one, but you can only do so much as clearly the majority of people attending these games have given up or never took it seriously anyway. I would say mask usage in the ground was less than 1%, on the tube I’d say 20%.
  • Options
    Yep. My eldest now at home due to a number of cases within his year bubble.

Looks like as a nation we are set to have the highest number of cases recorded on or around  freedom day! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep. My eldest now at home due to a number of cases within his year bubble.

Looks like as a nation we are set to have the highest number of cases recorded on or around  freedom day! 
    Just wait until after “Freedom Day”!
  • Options
    My son has Covid and he’s only been to Wembley in the last week. 
  • Options
    if just cases and not resulting in people being hospitalised is it such a bad thing?
  • Options
    Myself and one of sons have tested positive and can only be from Wembley or going to it on the tube with the great unwashed.

Double vaccine passport should not have been enough to get in to game , everyone should have done a lateral flow test because the vaccine doesn’t stop you having it and passing it on .

aaaah well , another confirmation of why I hate being near people and I’m a hermit .

• Options
    if just cases and not resulting in people being hospitalised is it such a bad thing?
    Think the worry is the complications long COVID can make people suffer with but I’m just putting snippets of waffle I hear from Mrs together cos I don’t watch or read the news 
  • Options
    The lateral flow requirement is utterly pointless though, you just submit it on the nhs websites and say it was negative, even if 1. You didn’t actually do the test or 2. You were positive.

The double vaccine requirement was much more robust, though for obvious reason, it could not be the only method applied. In the future however...
  • Options
    Oh yeah 
    a load of wank 

No cnuts honest 

so behind closed doors please 

• Options
    Went to Germany game and the final and just gone into a walk in centre for a test, pretty convinced I have it and know quite a few that have 😷
  • Options
    The lateral flow requirement is utterly pointless though, you just submit it on the nhs websites and say it was negative, even if 1. You didn’t actually do the test or 2. You were positive.

The double vaccine requirement was much more robust, though for obvious reason, it could not be the only method applied. In the future however...

Should have been a PCR Test at a hospital, that you had to do 24 hours before getting to the stadium, included in the ticket
  • Options
    Too many 🗣🗣 and not enough 😷 on the 🚆