Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    All a bit strange ?
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59294298

Andy Carroll has signed a short term deal at Reading
  • Options
    Nathaniel Mendez-Laing has signed for Sheffield Wednesday 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Nathaniel Mendez-Laing has signed for Sheffield Wednesday 
    I'm surprised he didn't sign for Stevenage to play alongside Ben Coker
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59823769

Herbie Kane: Oxford United pay Barnsley to remove loan recall clause

Barnsley midfielder Herbie Kane will stay on loan at Oxford United for the rest of the season.
    Oxford have paid the Championship strugglers a fee to remove a break clause which comes in in January.

Unusual for a club to pay the other club to remove a break clause. I assume Oxford were worried that Kane would be recalled.
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59823769

Herbie Kane: Oxford United pay Barnsley to remove loan recall clause

Barnsley midfielder Herbie Kane will stay on loan at Oxford United for the rest of the season.
    Oxford have paid the Championship strugglers a fee to remove a break clause which comes in in January.

Unusual for a club to pay the other club to remove a break clause. I assume Oxford were worried that Kane would be recalled.
    Wonder if we did similar with Famewo last season...

Remember us having to strangely re-negotiate something to do with his loan deal last January.
  • Options
    Lewandowski has apparently told Bayern Munich that he wants to leave.

Barcelona are the team interested, but wonder if others will now prick up their ears
  • Options

Barcelona are the team interested, but wonder if others will now prick up their ears
    They might as well get rid if he's said he won't sign a new contract. 1 year left on his deal, he's 34 in August and whilst obviously still a brilliant striker they might as well get some money for him and look to the future.
  • Options

They might as well get rid if he's said he won't sign a new contract. 1 year left on his deal, he's 34 in August and whilst obviously still a brilliant striker they might as well get some money for him and look to the future.
    Bayern must have ran out of Dortmund vouchers 
  • Options

Chelsea if they get their takeover sorted? Lukaku seems out of sorts
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

It's actually going the other way now. After 5 years Niklas Sule is leaving Bayern to join Dortmund this summer, and Dortmund have also beaten Bayern to the signing of a couple of young German internationals.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
  • Options
    arny23394 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

I have no idea who the player is but it's a bloody good video..... 
    Fuck me these sort of transfer announcement videos are tragic.
    I am with you on this one, what a load of shite.
  • Options

It's actually going the other way now. After 5 years Niklas Sule is leaving Bayern to join Dortmund this summer, and Dortmund have also beaten Bayern to the signing of a couple of young German internationals.
    I think it’s always gone the other way, but for players who can’t get in the Bayern side. Hummels and Gotze both went back to Dortmund. Rode too 
  • Options
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18567721/aston-villa-transfer-rangers-joe-aribo-crystal-palace-brentford/

GO FOR JOE Aston Villa join transfer race for Rangers star Joe Aribo with Crystal Palace and Brentford in the hunt
  • Options
    https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18567721/aston-villa-transfer-rangers-joe-aribo-crystal-palace-brentford/

GO FOR JOE Aston Villa join transfer race for Rangers star Joe Aribo with Crystal Palace and Brentford in the hunt
    Villa also linked with Gomez in the same article.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Scoham said:

Villa also linked with Gomez in the same article.
    Gonna end up a "Charlton, what might have been" at this rate.

If they can get Pope, Grant, Lookman and Shelvey in their Squad they may as well be renamed the Northern Charlton.

Pope 
    Cash - Gomez - Konsa - Digne
    Traore - Aribo - Shelvey - Lookman
    Grant - Watkins

• Options
    I see Villa have also been linked with Louis Suarez, as this summer they will be linked with
    1) Rangers players Gerrard managed
    2) Liverpool players 
    3) Former teammates of Gerrard at Liverpool
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    MattF said:
    Dodoo 🤝 Bogle
       Dream Team 
    Their recruitment is dreadful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The Athletic reporting Mbappe has agreed terms with Real Madrid.
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    The Athletic reporting Mbappe has agreed terms with Real Madrid.
    Always thought he'd choose them. I'm convinced the only reason he delayed announcing it until the end of the season is that he didn't want PSG fans giving him abuse every week. If he was happy at PSG and staying he'd have renewed his contract months ago.
  • Options
    Ollie Tanner, ex cafc youngster has signed for Cardiff. Was close to signing for Spurs in Jan I believe. 
  • Options
    Rumours apparently that Mbappe has done a u-turn and will now stay at PSG. Very embarrassing for Madrid if true as they seemingly didn't pursue Haaland too much because they were sure they'd get Mbappe. 
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday looking to sign Brendon Weirdu ( ex Charlton) from Colchester.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    Sheffield Wednesday looking to sign Brendon Weirdu ( ex Charlton) from Colchester.
    6 pages of "they can't, we have the option to buy him back" by 2pm today
  • Options

Don’t get your hopes up FA, i think he’s out of our reach…
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:
    But we have the option to buy him back.
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    Dansk_Red said:
    But we have the option to buy him back.
    He rubbished that rumour on twitter.