Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Summer Transfer Window - Non Charlton Signings / Rumours (Dday from p43)

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like Ademola maybe moving to Burnley.
  • Options
    🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
    "What the fuck is that, a budgie?"
  • Options
    Gary Cahill has left Crystal Palace... thats gonna be a tone of experience lost for them at the back
  • Options
    Gary Cahill has left Crystal Palace... thats gonna be a tone of experience lost for them at the back
    I thought all their centre backs are old anyway?
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    sam3110 said:
    I thought all their centre backs are old anyway?
    They've signed Joachim Andersen and Marc Guehi,  who'd I'd assume will be first choice.

Anderson seems a good signing but I've no idea on Guehi.  Hoping it's all a bit changing too much, too quickly etc, and that they still have a lack of goals in the team, though annoyingly Olise looks like a decent signing too.
  • Options
    For me that story reads as, kid who signed up for a year at Charlton and bobbed off in Jan because things were a bit tough joins Palace.  
    Interesting way to rewrite history!
  • Options
    Sheffield Wednesday apparently close to complethe signing of former Middlesbrough winger Marvin Johnson
  • Options
    They're linked with Josh Sims as well. 
  • Options
    I'd have taken Johnson, his career at Boro was somewhat rejuvenated when he moved to a LW role in a 433. Genuinely do have a Boro supporting mate who says he put a few decent crosses in and they lacked someone capable of heading the ball in otherwise he would have had another 5-6 assists. Sounds like that could have a decent addition for Stockley. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Palace looking at Lookman on loan according to BBC.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Palace looking at Lookman on loan according to BBC.
    Nooooo.
  • Options
    Strange timing, waiting until August before announcing it
  • Options
    Not really. He's out of contract and someone needs to pay him his extortionate salary.
  • Options
    🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢🤢
    Conor's real smile: 
  • Options
    Addickted said:
    Not really. He's out of contract and someone needs to pay him his extortionate salary.
    But why not announce it in June, instead of waiting until August?
  • Options
    Harry Kane has no showed at training today
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Harry Kane has no showed at training today
    I think a standoff has started. Harry trying to force the move for sure
  • Options
    Kane is a bit stuck as Man City have chosen to sign Grealish for 100m and don't think they fancy the 180m+ for Kane. 
  • Options
    Kane is a bit stuck as Man City have chosen to sign Grealish for 100m and don't think they fancy the 180m+ for Kane. 
    I dunno, I think City would spend big on both, Grealish doesn't smack me as a Pep player
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    Wouldn't be surprised if Kane ends up being a cash + players deal . As much as Levy seems to want it all upfront , I think City will offer a couple of players in exchange
  • Options
    I can see Utd popping up and buying him
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Interesting to see if the media give this a negative slant against the player like they would normally do. 

I'm thinking because it's English golden boy Kane they'll say it's understandable and talk about broken promises. 

Lets have a look back at 2015 and Sterling (who else?): 

"Jamie Carragher urged Raheem Sterling to dump his agent Aidy Ward and “keep his mouth shut” after the latest leaks suggesting he has told Liverpool he will not sign a new contract this summer."

"Sterling says his desire to move is nothing to do with money and that is it all about "winning trophies". In a quiet moment does it ever cross his mind that he owes Liverpool a little love in return for all the care and attention they have given him?

Does he really think he would be a millionaire England player without the help he has had from Rodgers and everyone else at Anfield?" - https://www.espn.co.uk/football/club/liverpool/364/blog/post/2499199/raheem-sterling-liverpool-transfer-saga-is-disgraceful

And this lovely article from everyone's favourite haterag: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3039114/Inhaling-hippy-crack-millionaire-England-star-Raheem-Sterling-sums-wrong-football.html

• Options
    Kane + Grealish will push Man City above everyone in England and maybe get them the Champions League that they want.

• Options
    Oxford United have signed centre-back Jordan Thorniley from Blackpool on a season-long loan.

Decent centre-back that helped Blackpool get into the Championship last season. Has experience in the Championship too. 
  • Options
    Oxford United have signed centre-back Jordan Thorniley from Blackpool on a season-long loan.

Decent centre-back that helped Blackpool get into the Championship last season. Has experience in the Championship too. 
    What a reward for the player! Thanks for getting us promoted, now off to work for Karl Robinson for you!
  • Options
    Wolves youngster Theo Corbeanu has signed for Sheffield Wednesday on a season-long loan.
  • Options
    Kane + Grealish will push Man City above everyone in England and maybe get them the Champions League that they want.

I do wonder how much Grealish improves them.  Great player but they already have great attacking midfielders.

Kane I get, big improvement on Gabriel Jesus, expensive with his injury record though.
  • Options
    A lot of praise for Ipswich but to me, Sheffield Wednesday have the strongest team on paper. I can’t believe they’ve kept so many players.

Iorfa, Windass, Hutchinson, Paterson, Luongo and Bannan are all Championship players, way better than what we’ll face in League One. 

Adding in Jack Hunt, Lewis Wing and Peacock-Farrell makes them an even bigger threat. 
    They won't all be there come 2nd August.  Unfortunately they probably will be there on Saturday.

Seen Reach has just signed for WBA don't think he would go that high.