Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton TV - free end of season show Tues 18th May 7pm (p7)

Comments

• I think it’s easy to forget that ValleyPass was established for international fans to stream matches before turning into a full steaming package during lockdowns.

Increasing the price only penalises the fans that the service was created for in the first place, which could be damaging to the clubs ambitions to grow commercially further afield.

Domestically people can still use VPNs and illegal streams if they wanted to, so the objective has to be to create a match day experience people want to experience in person.
  • edited May 2021
    I think it’s easy to forget that ValleyPass was established for international fans to stream matches before turning into a full steaming package during lockdowns.

Increasing the price only penalises the fans that the service was created for in the first place, which could be damaging to the clubs ambitions to grow commercially further afield.

Domestically people can still use VPNs and illegal streams if they wanted to, so the objective has to be to create a match day experience people want to experience in person.
    The future of streaming is a complicated issue, but the club isn’t going to achieve anything significant in terms of growth overseas in L1 and probably not in the Championship. The price of streaming is the least of the obstacles.
  • shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    Charlton TV has been brilliant this season, even if at times the football hasn’t.

Sure there’s been some dodgy moments, camera angles, drilling etc but I’d be up for buying a stream for away games, even if they sold it as a season ticket, although it may prohibitive for a lot of people due to cost.

The cost of time, petrol driving around the country, or getting a train or staying in accommodation is exorbitant, and I certainly don’t have the energy, funds or time to do this for every away game.

Ive defiantly watched more of Charlton home and away this season than ever before.

Even if I bought a Charlton TV season ticket, I’d still go to the odd away game, new ground, break away, visiting family etc, you can’t beat the atmosphere of being at a match.

Thanks again Thomas for Charlton TV!

And this is what it will come down to Mendonca.
    If its £10 for an away stream less people will go to the further away games because they can just plot up in front of the tele and switch a button.

'The away day' can't be replaced by sitting at home watching it on TV while your toddler charges around the room.

As for prices, £10 is fine. Any more and people will just stream it illegally.
    Doesn't this make the whole debate meaningless though?

If you can stream the games illegally for free anyway why does anyone bother going to the valley?
  • shine166 said:
    clb74 said:
    Charlton TV has been brilliant this season, even if at times the football hasn’t.

Sure there’s been some dodgy moments, camera angles, drilling etc but I’d be up for buying a stream for away games, even if they sold it as a season ticket, although it may prohibitive for a lot of people due to cost.

The cost of time, petrol driving around the country, or getting a train or staying in accommodation is exorbitant, and I certainly don’t have the energy, funds or time to do this for every away game.

Ive defiantly watched more of Charlton home and away this season than ever before.

Even if I bought a Charlton TV season ticket, I’d still go to the odd away game, new ground, break away, visiting family etc, you can’t beat the atmosphere of being at a match.

If its £10 for an away stream less people will go to the further away games because they can just plot up in front of the tele and switch a button.

'The away day' can't be replaced by sitting at home watching it on TV while your toddler charges around the room.

If you can stream the games illegally for free anyway why does anyone bother going to the valley?
    To be honest, I'd rather spend £60 on a day out at the football with my daughter than spend £10 on a stream.

• I think most of us would, but when you can't, a stream is the only way of watching your team.
  • Imagine one of the exclusive interviews is with a new signing, and that’s how they’re announcing it.

I very, very much doubt it, but the thought of it I think would be quite cool.
  • edited May 2021
    Sage said:
    Imagine one of the exclusive interviews is with a new signing, and that’s how they’re announcing it.

Is the transfer window even open? I can’t remember a club ever announcing a signing before the window has opened 

(Yes I know you can sign players outside the window) 
  • edited May 2021
    I think most of us would, but when you can't, a stream is the only way of watching your team.
    Oh I agree. I couldn't afford to go to every game. So would the club prefer to take let's say £150 in attended games from me (5 games), plus £150 in other games I could pay to watch (20 games H&A).

Saturday's are my day with the kids so I think I'd be lucky when the world opens up to be able to watch 20 games a season split between TV and live. Most viewed games will likely be the mid-week games. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:
    Imagine one of the exclusive interviews is with a new signing, and that’s how they’re announcing it.

Is the transfer window even open? I can’t remember a club ever announcing a signing before the window has opened 

they do, Accrington announced Harry Pell yesterday for example.
  • Sage said:

We signed Hermann Hreidarsson towards the end of 02/03 but outside the window, he couldn’t play until 03/04.

We also announced Danny Hollands and Bradley Pritchard signed in late May 2011 which would have been before the window opened and before their previous contracts had expired.
  • Sage said:

Interview with Ben Watson incoming then... ;)
  • Hope it can appear on the site after tonight. Have got a freebie to rugby at the new Brentford stadium tonight, bit of hospitatlity but all in all would prefer to watch this.
  • shine166 said:
    clb74 said:

Yeah I could watch it at home for free, where I've been stuck for the last 18 months. Or I could spend £100, go to the game, drink 10 pints and come home with no voice. 

Let me think that one over 

• Hope it can appear on the site after tonight. Have got a freebie to rugby at the new Brentford stadium tonight, bit of hospitatlity but all in all would prefer to watch this.
    Hope you’re not in front row tonight mate, thunder lightening and torrential rain at the ground at the moment. 
  • Should be a good watch.
  • Great to hear the pre show music one last time!
  • One minute warning...
  • Sponsored links:

• It's on.
  • Immediate banter between Minto and Curbs about liquid lunches.  
  • OK, I'll let him off the hair, after the slating he just gave Southall and co.
  • This is showing promise to be a great end of season show, Curbs and Brownie really hacked off as we all were prior to Thomas, so looking forward to a good 90 minutes of honest no holds barred (hopefully) debate.
  • edited May 2021
    aliwibble said:
    OK, I'll let him off the hair, after the slating he just gave Southall and co.

It's still chilling, even though we know it ended ok. Thank god for Thomas. 
  • Thomas really bullish about next season!
  • edited May 2021
    Powell and Minto could've at least warned us about ESI if they knew they were bad the day after they announced their takeover ;)