Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV - free end of season show Tues 18th May 7pm (p7)

Comments

• Options
    Missed it cos my walky talky Tuesday lasted an hour longer than it normally does.
    Gutted.
    Shall watch it after.
    Delighted for Olly, Tracey, Mick & Henners.
    Thoroughly deserved 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
  • Options
    Interesting about the big sponsor being announced soon ???
  • Options
    Third kit to look something like this... with a Charlton badge instead of RB Paris.

• Options
    Just how professional is Scott Minto? He’s surely nailed down the position of host if the show comes back.
    Mmmmmm......I fear he may be wanted elsewhere.😕
    Wadhurst.

:smile:

• Options
    Just how professional is Scott Minto? He’s surely nailed down the position of host if the show comes back.
    Mmmmmm......I fear he may be wanted elsewhere.😕
    What !!!!  Adkins wants him at left back....???
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I hate owners or chairman sayings things like this unless we are going to be spending millions on players & being the Man City of League 1. Just setting us up for a big fall. 
    Tend to agree. Love all the optimism but some things are better left unsaid rather than tempting fate. 

I remember at the start of last season in Sandgaard’s first interview he said “we’ll blow right through league one”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Really enjoyed that. The Curbs-Brown-Minto show was on point throughout and the nuggets of info from the various interviews had me properly looking forward to a new season for the first time in what feels like forever. Got a feeling we're in for a wild summer
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Just watched it, great show as always. 

I've come away with mixed emotions. On the one hand I am excited for the summer but going back over the season I remember we missed out on GD. We weren't good enough overall but would have stood a chance had that been us at home to Blackpool tonight. A disappointing season ending in frustration. 

Was impressed by all those who spoke - Avory, Mumford and Adkins particularly. Finally we may just have the personnel to progress, let's hope its s productive summer. 

PS - congrats to the four named supporters of the year. I'm sure we'd have all done the same but thoroughly deserved regardless. 
  • Options
    Big Chinese firm given Mumford's links to the area?
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    IdleHans said:
    Big new partnership on its way - hugely encouraging!
    Did Mumford just say it was a 55-year deal?
    Just listened to it again, sure he says 25 year deal. Must be my hearing cause surely no one signs a 25 year sponsorship deal ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Third kit to look something like this... with a Charlton badge instead of RB Paris.

@Dazzler21 tagged for your attention. Another for your ITK league table. 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I hate owners or chairman sayings things like this unless we are going to be spending millions on players & being the Man City of League 1. Just setting us up for a big fall. 
    Agree on that. Love his positivity but data and what happened last season is not how football works. 
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    Did Mumford just say it was a 55-year deal?
    Just listened to it again, sure he says 25 year deal. Must be my hearing cause surely no one signs a 25 year sponsorship deal ?
    I thought he said 25 year deal and it made me wonder if it was something like naming rights to the Valley. 

The show was great and such a welcome tonic after having so much garbage to deal with over previous years. Hoping Curbs and Minto can stick around and the show will be broadcast in the bars and lounges around the ground. 
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Many congratulations to Olly, Tracey and Mick on your award :-)
    Missed that bit completely. Just watched it on YouTube. Was I the only one whose stream knocked out completely about 3 minutes from the end? When I got back on Minto was asking Curbs and Browny for their expectations for next season.
  • Options
    IdleHans said:
    IdleHans said:
    Is that a sponsorship partnership, sorry working and can’t listen
    He wasn't explicit, but I would read that into it, yes
    Listening to it again, it sounds like will be for 3 to 5 years.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Tend to agree. Love all the optimism but some things are better left unsaid rather than tempting fate. 

I remember at the start of last season in Sandgaard’s first interview he said “we’ll blow right through league one”
    I think it’s just his nature.  I don’t mind.  There’s nothing wrong with it.  Plus, it shows he’s engaged.  The only thing I would say is that we won’t blow right through it with the likes of Gilbey in midfield.  To blow right through the league, we’ll need an Aribo, Bielik, Cullen, Taylor, Kermorgant, Wiggins etc etc

That squad needs 11/12 new players to blow through the league 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I Wonder whether it’s a tv /broadcasting company of some sort - maybe a fly on the wall style series like Spurs anc Man City did but with fans involved as well - they did say a soccer am type format - could get fans, players and staff all on it 
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Where's the repeat.
    Stupidly paused it cos i had shit to do and came back an hour later and unpaused and it went straight to  'live' and Scott asking the last question ffs 
    You can watch it back on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6fQUj_Cv9s
    My takeaway from that is that Rubbershoes shouldn’t do his Zoom interviews with his laptop actually on his lap, I thought it was an earthquake.....
  • Options
    Who is Rubbershoes?
  • Options
    Missed it as was out to dinner with Lady Irving who was slightly miffed when my phone started pinging non-stop around 8.30

Did I miss anything?
    Surely you have someone running your social media accounts! 
  • Options
    Loved the argument between Curbs and Brown who talks the most. Message to both - don't talk any less :)
    Unless it's during live commentary and you're ignoring the live "action".
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    Scoham said:
    I hate them not saying it. Aim high and demand we get there. I hate the excuses and reasons why we won't before we even start.
  • Options
    Ninety-three minutes that raced by. All held together by ultra professional Minto and some great analysis by Alan and Steve of what happened during the past season and what is expected of next season. Can only agree with them that although disappointed not to make the playoffs (I think we would have made a better fist of things than Oxford last night) it is important to remember just how perilous things were for the club this time last year. Lots of very positive noises coming from the owner and manager - will be interesting to see some of those words turn to action sooner than later with a squad taking shape in the next month or so.