Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton TV - free end of season show Tues 18th May 7pm (p7)

1789101113»

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Scoham said:
    I hate owners or chairman sayings things like this unless we are going to be spending millions on players & being the Man City of League 1. Just setting us up for a big fall. 
    The least surprising opinion I’ve ever seen. The ultimate pessimist doesn’t like the comments of an optimist.
    Lets face it golfie, you like to view things as glass half empty in order to avoid disappointment. Sandgaard likes to view things as glass half full to motivate and breed ambition.

Not saying either of you are right or wrong, but I’d rather go with Thomas’ approach.

Well, I look forward to the meltdown on here when, half way through the season, we are not top 2 & certainly not "smashing up" the league as we haven't bought a 20 goal a season striker & still relying on Pearce as one of our Centre Halves.
    It's not the first time, he said pretty much the same thing soon after he took over.

Much rather we aim high and not quite make it than aim low and completely fail. That was Roland's attitude when we were in the Championship.
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    CAST had a good discussion with the club about this earlier in the week. Grateful to those who have already provided thoughts and ideas regarding the future of live streaming in the UK. 

We are gathering more data on streaming - and season tickets- in CAST survey - just takes five minutes or so:

https://www.castrust.org/2021/05/cast-annual-survey-season-tickets-and-streaming/
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60a63d4574c6e/what-the-future-holds-for-charltontv

With supporters expected in stadiums for the 2021/22 season it is possible the EFL’s streaming rules will return to those in place before the pandemic began which would mean:

- Charlton would be able to stream all midweek games in the UK and internationally (unless selected for broadcast by Sky Sports)

- Charlton would only be able to stream games kicking off at 3pm on Saturday in countries outside the UK

- Charlton would be able to provide live audio commentary for all active CharltonTV subscribers for all games

Should this be the case, the club would still continue to run the current CharltonTV format. The popular pre-show would run for free in full on social media and the intention is that the show would also be shown on the televisions in the lounges and concourses around the stadium for supporters at The Valley.

Good option if the streaming gets stopped ... but hopefully it remains.  
  • Options
    Good commercial thinking playing the build up at the stadium - should encourage a few folks to get there a bit earlier and buy an extra pint or 14 chips and a Wendy's burger at the ground.
  • Options
    Always thought that, if pitch damage could be avoided (upgrade to a hybrid surface maybe) then the way to get crowds in earlier and spending money for a longer period would be to have a noon kick-off extra match (either women's, U23s or U18s) before the usual Saturday 3pm. Would require extra changing rooms, which there maybe by the gym? But could attract additional supporters and encourage supporters to get to the ground significantly earlier
  • Options
    Ok. Just checking my VPN is still working.
  • Options
    If say someone wanted to know how to do this in a hypothetical way what would be the best way of finding out how to do it ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    AndyG said:
    If say someone wanted to know how to do this in a hypothetical way what would be the best way of finding out how to do it ?
    I probably should have put :-) after my post as I've never used a VPN! (Always used to listen to the commentary before streaming came in)

Sticking to the old rules is just a mess. Those who are tech savvy will get round the ban on Saturday afternoon streaming whereas we will all be able to stream the evening games. And I do accept it is the evening games where attendances could be affected by streaming.

As far as I can work out, we've had 9 midweek home games this last season and 6 midweek away games. Just about a third of our games. Although there's likely to be fewer midweek games next season, a few cancellations for International weekends and postponements will soon push the numbers back towards last year. So there's still a large chunk of games that can be streamed.   
  • Options
    https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60a63d4574c6e/what-the-future-holds-for-charltontv

With supporters expected in stadiums for the 2021/22 season it is possible the EFL’s streaming rules will return to those in place before the pandemic began which would mean:

- Charlton would be able to stream all midweek games in the UK and internationally (unless selected for broadcast by Sky Sports)

- Charlton would only be able to stream games kicking off at 3pm on Saturday in countries outside the UK

- Charlton would be able to provide live audio commentary for all active CharltonTV subscribers for all games

Should this be the case, the club would still continue to run the current CharltonTV format. The popular pre-show would run for free in full on social media and the intention is that the show would also be shown on the televisions in the lounges and concourses around the stadium for supporters at The Valley.

Friday Night Football, live from the Sandgaard Arena at The Valley

Streaming for all ...
  • Options
    AndyG said:

It's really straight forward - you need to pay for a VPN service (i use Private Internet Access) Private Internet Access | Anonymous VPN Service Provider , download the software, turn it on and then you should be able to pay for the stream.  
  • Options
    AndyG said:

It's really straight forward - you need to pay for a VPN service (i use Private Internet Access) Private Internet Access | Anonymous VPN Service Provider , download the software, turn it on and then you should be able to pay for the stream.  
    cheers mate
  • Options
    The tricky bit is making sure you can connect to a locale that isn't barred from streaming because of the broadcasting rights.
  • Options
    It was announced yesterday that Charlton TV in 21/22 will be for overseas only for a price of 195 quid.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Scoham said:
    I hate owners or chairman sayings things like this unless we are going to be spending millions on players & being the Man City of League 1. Just setting us up for a big fall. 
    The least surprising opinion I’ve ever seen. The ultimate pessimist doesn’t like the comments of an optimist.
    Lets face it golfie, you like to view things as glass half empty in order to avoid disappointment. Sandgaard likes to view things as glass half full to motivate and breed ambition.

Not saying either of you are right or wrong, but I’d rather go with Thomas’ approach.

Well, I look forward to the meltdown on here when, half way through the season, we are not top 2 & certainly not "smashing up" the league as we haven't bought a 20 goal a season striker & still relying on Pearce as one of our Centre Halves.
    It's not the first time, he said pretty much the same thing soon after he took over.

Much rather we aim high and not quite make it than aim low and completely fail. That was Roland's attitude when we were in the Championship.
    Yes, but you can aim high and keep quiet about it. If you shout about it, it could just motivate other teams to prove us wrong.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    This is about my only criticism of TS. Maybe he's been in the US too long, but I'd refer he was ambitious but not quite so confident about timescales e.g. saying about Europe - a great aspiration but only setting us up for a fall