Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Didn't HA have a difficult time and that may explain any lay off.
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Arter hasn't played since February.... 
    nicely rested to storm league 1👍!!!🤷🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    We’ve seen that someone with experience and quality (like Bannan) can run games.

I hope Arter can be that for us, but I do think it has the potential to go wrong. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Then give him a run out on Tuesday in the pizza cup
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    This is why I'd advise caution for now. Admittedly, Arter has shown he can do it at a much higher level - but were Sunderland fans wrong about Dobson?
    Yes, they were.
    We haven’t given him someone to pass to in midfield who can then make plays. Dobson sits in front of the back four well and collects the ball to pass it on. Since the Wednesday game, we’ve simply reverted to our back four lumping it up to Stockley
    If that was the sum total of Dobson's job, you or I could do it. He's been torrid and has had to be substituted almost every game
    Totally disagree. He was mom against sheff w.  He played well against Wigan and soon as he was substituted, our midfield collapsed. He was substituted because we changed tactics and formation, not because of performance 

You weren't at Milton Keynes then!
    No. You said he has been poor all season. Milton Keynes was one game.
    His Statbank marks, albeit in three defeats, over the last three league games have gone 5.80, 4.69, 5.21. He is not playing well.
    That’s because a lot of fans on here don’t understand football or how that position is played 

#Scapegoat
  • Options
    Ferryman said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Then give him a run out on Tuesday in the pizza cup
    OK, will do. 
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Firstly.      WIOTOS.....so lets temper our excitement a bit shall we.

Secondly. Doesn't really fit in with our "lowering the age of the squad" mantra.

Thirdly. Smacks of desperation & not a position we really need filling - unless he is going to play left back. 

But is an ex player & everyone wets their pants wanting to sign those so lets crack on with the " now we are going to storm the league".

We make one signing over 30 (the others being 23, 28, 27, 24, 23, 23, 22 and 26 respectively) and you decide to throw that out. It's almost like you've been rehearsing it and waiting for your moment.

And you wonder why you get a lot of stick on here. 
    It does fit the mantra of needing some experienced players to help us out, which both Gallen and Adkins have repeated in the last monyh or so.

I really wouldn't be surprised if Albie goes out on loan. 
    I hope Albie stays and Arter teaches him how to shoot!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited August 2021
    All this talk about Arter joining, which will be a great signing, but we are forgetting something....we have heard nothing from Ronnie yet to confirm the news...so, chillll lads.. B)...
    Great minds think alike  @Todds_right_hook..stole my thunder mate by 1 minute ;)
  • Options
    Firstly.      WIOTOS.....so lets temper our excitement a bit shall we.

Secondly. Doesn't really fit in with our "lowering the age of the squad" mantra.

Thirdly. Smacks of desperation & not a position we really need filling - unless he is going to play left back. 

But is an ex player & everyone wets their pants wanting to sign those so lets crack on with the " now we are going to storm the league".

Firstly, opening sentence was good.
    Secondly, both Gallen and NA have said we need to mix young with experience. And he would be a loan not a permanent.
    Thirdly, signing a player who has good pedigree doesn't smack of desperation and it is a position we need filling.
    Fourthly, nobody is currently saying we will storm the league and regardless if he is an ex player or not what matters is whether or not he is better than want we have and I personally think he is.

• Options
    Bants if he plays Arter at LB
  • Options
    Said earlier on in the thread that i guess this means we won't be going for Lowery or Dempsey but i hope that isn't the case.

Whilst Arter is a good signing, i thought that we as a club would be moving away from loan signings which therefore mean recycling 4-5 of the first team every summer. Lowery and Dempsey are both decent players who would be cheap and if they did well would give TS a good profit, so i think that's still something he needs to look at. 

But absolutely no complaints this week, Lee and Arter are quality signings.
  • Options
    Just thinking if we play Arter & Watson together it will save the need to put the training Manaquins out … win/win
  • Options
    I thought Arter hated us after we let him go?
  • Options
    Said earlier on in the thread that i guess this means we won't be going for Lowery or Dempsey but i hope that isn't the case.

Whilst Arter is a good signing, i thought that we as a club would be moving away from loan signings which therefore mean recycling 4-5 of the first team every summer. Lowery and Dempsey are both decent players who would be cheap and if they did well would give TS a good profit, so i think that's still something he needs to look at. 

But absolutely no complaints this week, Lee and Arter are quality signings.
    Just for the record, we haven’t actually signed Arter yet, have we?
  • Options
    Not as excited over Arter as most. Played one minute since February, and loaning a 31 yo from a struggling Forest isn't the sort of business I'd hoped we'd be doing.

Arter from a few years back, in league one, would be absolutely mustard. I hope he's still got it.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    I thought the same. Would love to have him back though.
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I do wonder if this weeks signings will instigate a change of formation to Adkins previously preferred 4231… something like

Mcgivilray

Matthews Inniss Famewo Purrington 

Arter        Dobson

DJ                 Lee                Kirk 

Stockley 
    That’s how I’d line up but Morgan for Dobson perhaps.
  • Options
    Just out of interest for those saying Arter will be an excellent signing. Are you basing this on his time at Bournemouth?
  • Options
    Having Arter is a positive move to have depth in the squad. Competition for places is good. Also as Arter is an older player his home club will be less bothered if he doesn't play every week.
     I definitely prefer bringing in experienced players than loaning in young players to develop for other clubs, who contractually have to play a certain number of games.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    Probably hated Pardew (I think), more.
  • Options
    WSS said:
    sam3110 said:
    Probably hated Pardew (I think), more.
    Parkinson actually 
  • Options
    Maccn05 said:
    I do wonder if this weeks signings will instigate a change of formation to Adkins previously preferred 4231… something like

Mcgivilray

Arter        Dobson

Stockley 
    I just don’t see stockley as a lone striker - target msn in a 2 yes 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Maccn05 said:

Mcgivilray

Arter        Dobson

Stockley 
    This system will never work.  We all hated it when Robinson played it and we had better players then.
  • Options
    sam3110 said:
    I thought that was the lad from Gillingham?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!