Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Vfrf said:
    For anyone saying they haven’t seen Sandgaard out comments, ITTV has 3 threads on it!!
    Par for course.😡
  • se9addick said:
    It basically looks like the club and team are this season treading water. Perhaps with a new owner needing to sort out ten years of mis management and put into place the building blocks of success going forward we shouldn’t be either too surprised or disappointed. I just wish that realism had been transmitted to the fans. I think to a man (and woman) this would have been embraced and supported. Instead we’re seeing to consequences of the nonsense. Massive own goal. I’m convinced we’ll be ok but it’s the long haul not the express route we were sold. 
    “Treading water” in L1 = additional enormous financial losses and a loss of faith in the credibility of both owner and manager. 

I don’t really see how we can stay in L1 and it be seen as anything other than a failure. 
    I wouldn't necessaily see it as a failure. Only 3 teams can go up so in that context its pretty hard to get promotiion when there are 24 teams trying to do the same thing.

However, what I would see as failure is not having a adequate squad to mount a promotion bid and to be competitive in EVERY game and that teams know that they have been in a game with us. No one can win every game but you sure as hell can make sure you do your utmost to win it. Having 1 shot on target in 90 mins is not my idea of "'trying" to win. 
  • se9addick said:
    It basically looks like the club and team are this season treading water. Perhaps with a new owner needing to sort out ten years of mis management and put into place the building blocks of success going forward we shouldn’t be either too surprised or disappointed. I just wish that realism had been transmitted to the fans. I think to a man (and woman) this would have been embraced and supported. Instead we’re seeing to consequences of the nonsense. Massive own goal. I’m convinced we’ll be ok but it’s the long haul not the express route we were sold. 
    “Treading water” in L1 = additional enormous financial losses and a loss of faith in the credibility of both owner and manager. 

I don’t really see how we can stay in L1 and it be seen as anything other than a failure. 
    I wouldn't necessaily see it as a failure. Only 3 teams can go up so in that context its pretty hard to get promotiion when there are 24 teams trying to do the same thing.

However, what I would see as failure is not having a adequate squad to mount a promotion bid and to be competitive in EVERY game and that teams know that they have been in a game with us. No one can win every game but you sure as hell can make sure you do your utmost to win it. Having 1 shot on target in 90 mins is not my idea of "'trying" to win. 
    We’ve already failed in that case!
  • se9addick said:

1 shot on target in 450 minutes of football (+ 1 penalty) is a disgrace........
  • I totally agree that I would rather it was, but when has the rumours thread ever been just about rumours - especially when there are no rumours. 

• edited August 2021
    Redhenry said:
    Redhenry said:
    never ending.....
    With respect, do you have any rumours or constructive thoughts to add? 

Yes, this is a rumours thread. When a rumour presents itself, it will be posted in this thread to discuss. There are currently no rumours and until there are, people will discuss other topics that have a soft link to transfer dealings. 

Continuously moaning about “waffle” is less related to rumours than the so called waffle you’re moaning about. 
    Constructive? Its been the same stuff being repeated constantly by the same people. Its boring and a waste of time..
    So's watching our first 11 at the moment 🤣
  • Sponsored links:

• _MrDick said:
    Anyone got any rumours..or failing that maybe some puns.. B)
    Is there an ‘F’ in rumour?

There is no F in rumour
    F U NE X?
  • More bad news....two of our shot shy none creative players have been selected for internationals over w/e 4 Sept. 
    Therefore our only striker who can kick a ball at the goal and our only LB left standing will not be available for at least one game, barring injuries! 
    We have fuck all of a first XI and 2 more will be absent. 

I didn't  think any of ours would  be of that quality.  

What a joke . We lose players we can't afford to lose 
    need to ensure our next signing is a full international, preferably for Italy, Spain etc.
  • edited August 2021
    More bad news....two of our shot shy none creative players have been selected for internationals over w/e 4 Sept. 
    Therefore our only striker who can kick a ball at the goal and our only LB left standing will not be available for at least one game, barring injuries! 

need to ensure our next signing is a full international, preferably for Italy, Spain etc.
    I'll take the third choice Gibraltan keeper if it means we have the international breaks
  • More bad news....two of our shot shy none creative players have been selected for internationals over w/e 4 Sept. 

I would take Luxembourg or Malta at the moment. 
  • Maccn05 said:
    Here we go a rumour… just not a good one for us. Reckons the price could be as low as £700k

Hull and is both quoted 2 mill back in June 
  • edited August 2021
    Redhenry said:
    Reckon I'm in the majority here, I will come here frequently till the window close. Don't want to wade through all of this..
    We all want the thread to be full of rumours and not chit chat, but there’s no rumours! 

My point is the moaning about lack of rumours is adding to the problem you’re moaning about 
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:
    Anyone else feeling very worried by the complete lack of any rumours so far this week ? Surely after our start we have to make a few signings this week ?
    Said it for weeks, the silence is deafening, especially considering how short we are. 
    I must admit me being the "positive" type have been pretty relaxed about it as I felt sure signings would come, but now even I'm getting concerned that we might get the " We tried to sign our targets but for various reasons just couldnt get them over the line in time " statement released. Which if happens would be a total write off for this season imo
  • AndyG said:
    Anyone else feeling very worried by the complete lack of any rumours so far this week ? Surely after our start we have to make a few signings this week ?
    Honest question...would you rather rumours galore and no signings or business done on the quiet? Which most of it has been done up until now.
  • AndyG said:
    Honest question...would you rather rumours galore and no signings or business done on the quiet? Which most of it has been done up until now.
    Yes I agree mate but as I said I'm starting to get a bit twitchy now 
  • AndyG said:
    But it just doesn't happen does it, you really think we will sign 6 players with next to no rumours? 

In fact, I can't think of 1 signing this summer that has come totally out of the blue with ZERO rumours before hand. 
  • edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:
    Said it for weeks, the silence is deafening, especially considering how short we are. 
    Speak for yourself! You may be the last to know when its raining, but I'll have you know Im 5'9" and a half.
  • AndyG said:
    Par for the course and reading between the lines we will be underwhelmed.  I bet Stockley , MacGillivray and Kirk wish they had not signed.  With this shit who would , but the desperate. 
    Please have an afternoon off

Have a year off
    Even better
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!