Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:
    Anyone else feeling very worried by the complete lack of any rumours so far this week ? Surely after our start we have to make a few signings this week ?
    Honest question...would you rather rumours galore and no signings or business done on the quiet? Which most of it has been done up until now.
    But it just doesn't happen does it, you really think we will sign 6 players with next to no rumours? 

In fact, I can't think of 1 signing this summer that has come totally out of the blue with ZERO rumours before hand. 
    There has been something said by Richard Cawley an hour or 2 before they signed. Some like Kirk and Stockley were touted for a while obviously.
  • Hal1x said:
    J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:
    Anyone else feeling very worried by the complete lack of any rumours so far this week ? Surely after our start we have to make a few signings this week ?
    Said it for weeks, the silence is deafening, especially considering how short we are. 
    Speak for yourself! You may be the last to know whens its raining, but I'll have you know Im 5'9" and a half.
    Shame you fail the height test, so no rumour B)
  • thenewbie said:
    se9addick said:
    It basically looks like the club and team are this season treading water. Perhaps with a new owner needing to sort out ten years of mis management and put into place the building blocks of success going forward we shouldn’t be either too surprised or disappointed. I just wish that realism had been transmitted to the fans. I think to a man (and woman) this would have been embraced and supported. Instead we’re seeing to consequences of the nonsense. Massive own goal. I’m convinced we’ll be ok but it’s the long haul not the express route we were sold. 
    “Treading water” in L1 = additional enormous financial losses and a loss of faith in the credibility of both owner and manager. 

I don’t really see how we can stay in L1 and it be seen as anything other than a failure. 
    I think it will absolutely be seen as a failure by everyone involved. The question that will raise is whether it prompts Sandgaard to either open the purse strings or bail out completely.
    Even if Sandgaard has spent more than any other owner and the budget is spanked, it doesn't detract from the fact that this team are unlikely to win many games, thus more likely to be in a relegation fight than a promotion race. 

Flogging a dead horse is not a business strategy expected of a respected experienced and very successful businessman, which leads to fans becoming concerned that there is something wrong in senior management team. 

Thomas is now (if he wasn't before) acutely aware that he will have to lose money every year he owns this business, whatever league we are in. How much he is willing to lose is the key.

Didn't the Middlesbrough owner lose something in the region of £200m and still the fans wanted a new owner. Football fans are fickle. FACT. 

• edited August 2021
    J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:
    Honest question...would you rather rumours galore and no signings or business done on the quiet? Which most of it has been done up until now.
    But it just doesn't happen does it, you really think we will sign 6 players with next to no rumours? 

In fact, I can't think of 1 signing this summer that has come totally out of the blue with ZERO rumours before hand. 
    There has been something said by Richard Cawley an hour or 2 before they signed. Some like Kirk and Stockley were touted for a while obviously.
    Nixon was on the Kirk one a few days before it happened, the only one that's come out of the blue so far is Sean Clare and that's because it came about quite quickly.

I think it's likely we'd hear whispers if we were close to anything.
  • Concerning that activity on this page has got quieter at the time you'd expect (especially given our run) rumours to be ramping up...
  • More bad news....two of our shot shy none creative players have been selected for internationals over w/e 4 Sept. 
    Therefore our only striker who can kick a ball at the goal and our only LB left standing will not be available for at least one game, barring injuries! 
    We have fuck all of a first XI and 2 more will be absent. 

I didn't  think any of ours would  be of that quality.  

What a joke . We lose players we can't afford to lose 
    need to ensure our next signing is a full international, preferably for Italy, Spain etc.
    Apparently Ghandour or what ever his name is has been called up by Lebanon.  He was on the bench against Sheffield Wednesday. 
    Where have you seen he's been called up?
  • Can’t we just stop the nastiness for the rest of the day and focus on tonight’s 2nd round League Cup gam….oh wait!

As you were.
  • J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:

Nixon was on the Kirk one a few days before it happened, the only one that's come out of the blue so far is Sean Clare and that's because it came about quite quickly.

Corey Blackett-Taylor was training with us for over a week before his name was put in the press.
  • Sponsored links:

• ct_addick said:
    We need to be careful with Sandgaard and not piss him off to the point he might become disillusioned and walk away.........even if it means another year or so  in L1 we need to face up to that fact.....
    If he's that much of a snowflake I'm not sure people will want him about for years to come
  • ct_addick said:
    We need to be careful with Sandgaard and not piss him off to the point he might become disillusioned and walk away.........even if it means another year or so  in L1 we need to face up to that fact.....
    I am fine with another year or so in league 1. My worry is that at present there is a risk of it being far worse than that (with our current squad and with an average expectations of injuries we are in a relegation fight IMO).
  • J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:

Corey Blackett-Taylor was training with us for over a week before his name was put in the press.
    I think someone mentioned it on here prior to the article though.
  • ct_addick said:
    I am fine with another year or so in league 1. My worry is that at present there is a risk of it being far worse than that (with our current squad and with an average expectations of injuries we are in a relegation fight IMO).
    You honestly believe we are on a par with the likes of Cambridge, Crewe, moreCombe, Cheltenham, Plymouth, Fleetwood?

we have had a very bad start but to say we are in a relegation fight is crazy.

here are 10 clubs who the bookies think will finish below us

https://www.bettingodds.com/football/league-one/relegation

• ct_addick said:
    You honestly believe we are on a par with the likes of Cambridge, Crewe, moreCombe, Cheltenham, Plymouth, Fleetwood?

Yes I do (if we only get in more CBT and Clare level players). We are utter cack at present.
  • ct_addick said:

Yes I do (if we only get in more CBT and Clare level players). We are utter cack at present.

Relegation Fight?  ... Your optimistic 😆
  • With all the credit from last season, our two season tickets cost the grand total of £218. Multiplied across all ST holders, this must = less money for new players. I'm as disappointed as anyone about our start to the season but not surprised we aren't splashing the cash... but it would be nice to see some new talent coming in!
  • Chill people. This time next week we will have just announced our 7th deadline day signing.

The busiest day scarfy has ever had.
  • J BLOCK said:
    AndyG said:

I think someone mentioned it on here prior to the article though.
    Think it was mentioned that a black player was training but no names were out there until Cawley broke it.
  • With all the credit from last season, our two season tickets cost the grand total of £218. Multiplied across all ST holders, this must = less money for new players. I'm as disappointed as anyone about our start to the season but not surprised we aren't splashing the cash... but it would be nice to see some new talent coming in!
    I do wonder if Sandgaard was aware that season ticket income would be severely reduced in 2021/22 due to the amount of outstanding credit owed to 2020/21 holders. 

I’m not sure if this is how it’s accounted for, and if it is then I’m sure he was aware of the impact it would have, but could have been a significant blow to projected income on the small chance that he wasn’t aware.
  • Sponsored links:

• Aaron Ramsey (not the Welsh lad) from ASTON VILLA a 18 year old midfielder who scored twice already in 2 games this season in U23 double figures last season has been capped by England at U16, U17 and U18 level. surely worth a loan ? 
    I know not a legit rumour but on the bench for Aston Villa in the League Cup tonight along with his brother Jacob.
  • If we go into Saturday with no senior left back again then I will begin to question how good people actually are at their job. Would be criminal.
    If they don't, the LB they eventually bring in better have been worth waiting for. 
    Yeah it just adds pressure. Plus I know it’s pretty minor, but a new signing be able to play at home against a weaker side would be a nice bedding in, instead of going away at Gillingham and getting battered!
  • If we go into Saturday with no senior left back again then I will begin to question how good people actually are at their job. Would be criminal.
    If they don't, the LB they eventually bring in better have been worth waiting for. 
    Announce Robertson 
  • Randell has just got an assist for Plymouth.  No honestly he has 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Randell has just got an assist for Plymouth.  No honestly he has 
    Think you owe someone an apology!! :D
  • edited August 2021
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Randell has just got an assist for Plymouth.  No honestly he has 
    Think you owe someone an apology!! :D
    I don't think I was the only one!!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adam_Randell
This discussion has been closed.