Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    I can't believe some people are only just realising the situation we are in.

We have one at worst and three at best, genuine under 23 players who should be anywhere near our squad.   Deji and Barker being the only 2 I see myself.

Adkins response was as non commital as you can get.  I fear one or two permanent signing and five loans.

• Options
    supaclive said:
    I can't believe some people are only just realising the situation we are in.

We have one at worst and three at best, genuine under 23 players who should be anywhere near our squad.   Deji and Barker being the only 2 I see myself.

Adkins response was as non commital as you can get.  I fear one or two permanent signing and five loans.

Depending on the loans that would be fine. If we get loans of the calibre of Cullen/Bielek of course.

That’s taking a punt and a half though.
  • Options
    We need three points now. Another blow out and those points dropped will already be impacting our playoff chances. I don’t fancy our chances at Oxford if I’m honest. No goals in us. 
    It’s all very well @theeenorth giving this a lol but remind me how we missed out last season ? Every point. Every goal matters. Now less than three weeks to get in at least three first choice quality players and then perhaps a few squad back ups. If we don’t then there are serious questions that need answering.
  • Options
    I wonder how much, if anything, the Kirk transfer may potentially be holding up other deals we want to make.

Obviously we are working towards a budget, and will have more than one target for each position. So for example, if the Kirk deal falls through, perhaps that means we end up spending more money on another player in another position as our other option to Kirk is not as expensive. 
  • Options
    Let’s all just wait till the end of the January window and give everyone a chance and then next summer we can have a proper rebuild because the foundations will be in place .
    You can tell it’s much better doing the rebuild from here in league one than if we’d sneaked promotion last season
    Generally though a rebuild means signing players. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Let’s all just wait till the end of the January window and give everyone a chance and then next summer we can have a proper rebuild because the foundations will be in place .
    You can tell it’s much better doing the rebuild from here in league one than if we’d sneaked promotion last season
    He's being sarcastic.
  • Options
    Interesting that we have Crewe in our last home league game before the transfer window slams shut.

I wonder if the Kirk transfer will still be in discussion between the two sets of club officials at that point.

Completely understandable that Kirk has more important things to focus on in the interim.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He's being sarcastic.
    Er…so was I
  • Options
    Things are going to turn sour very quickly if we don't make some significant signings soon.
    This "pathway to the first team" stuff is starting to make me wince too.
    It's fecking meaningless if the kids aren't good enough.
    Currently it is less of a pathway and more a high speed railway line.  Kids benefit from the experience of playing but not as much if the side they are in is not that competitive.
  • Options
    Having potentially a worse transfer window than one under Roland takes some doing. 

We need a lot of players, and only have 3 weeks to get them in. 
    When did Roland spend 800,000 ?
    Didn't he spend that (or close to it) on Piotr Parzyszek? I can recall hearing it was a far old whack.   

Nicky Ajose was a fair amount too if memory serves. 

Also Naby Sarr, Patrick Bauer, Vetokele, Tucudean, Teixeira.. 
    wasn’t Vetokele rumoured to have been 3m euros 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    Rothko said:
    Quiet enjoying the revisionism of the RD era
    Grass was always greener on the other side springs to mind. 
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    It was the halcyon days of yore.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:
    Rothko said:
    It was the halcyon days of yore.
    Ain’t it just, yes he and his child advisor did spend money, but with the exception of Gudmunsson they were either not much better or straight up not good enough, and then the taps got turned off 
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    We always knew that we’ve got four more loans coming in late. Some I expect on deadline day but it’s starting to look to me as if with the exception of Charlie Kirk we don’t really have any permanent irons in the fire and are now being forced to make it up as we go. We’ve missed out on targets without doubt and I’m beginning to think we’ve even missed out on targets way down our list. The Kirk deal is obviously beyond our control but I’d now rather cut back on our loan quota and spend a little more on a couple of quality players. This might force the likes of Deji and Clayden into the mix but we desperately need a couple of quality seasoned pros pdq.
  • Options
    I have a feeling that sandgaard is a person who learns from his mistakes (unlike duchatelet), however I think in this window he’s made a mistake by leaving any business far too late and putting too much faith in the youth. Just a bit naive, like the schwartz transfer (thinking some one who can score in Denmark can do it anywhere) and playing addicks to victory instead of red red robin. As I said, I think he learns from mistakes, but unfortunately he has to make them first.
  • Options
    2500 new posts, not sure i can handle the catch up does anyone want to give me the summary? rumours ideally... 
  • Options
    I have a feeling that sandgaard is a person who learns from his mistakes (unlike duchatelet), however I think in this window he’s made a mistake by leaving any business far too late and putting too much faith in the youth. Just a bit naive, like the schwartz transfer (thinking some one who can score in Denmark can do it anywhere) and playing addicks to victory instead of red red robin. As I said, I think he learns from mistakes, but unfortunately he has to make them first.
    How do we know that it is TS that is to blame? Maybe its Gallen who thinks a player is not worth the money?
  • Options
    2500 new posts, not sure i can handle the catch up does anyone want to give me the summary? rumours ideally... 
    Summary: Kirk may be still on, but his dad died so delayed understandably. No other solid rumours.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!