Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• If we are to see a "marquee signing" before the end of the window I think it'll be in the final few days where we maybe chuck a bit of money at one. I'm expecting Gomes to sign as he's been with us pretty much all pre season and 2/3 loan signings. 

Trying to put our business into perspective my conclusion is that TS is happy to invest but in a careful business like manor. Why splash out on a new left winger if he's being told by our coaches a youth player who costs nothing is ready? The world has changed over the last 18 months and the "smaller" clubs are going to squeeze every penny they can out of clubs for their prized possessions. This in turn makes negotiations difficult. I'm my industry our margins are next to nothing at the moment with materials/goods prices rocketing and companies going in low with tenders just to get work. Football is a different ball game but it still is a business, not to us but whether we like it or not it is to TS and it would be any other owner. 
    I'd love to see us have a Powell style re-build and win the league but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. 

• bobmunro said:
    sounds like too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
    I think the preferred term now is native Americans.

But two heads are better than one and many hands make light work v too many cooks spoil the broth

A stitch in time saves nine.
    They paved paradise, put up parking lot.

That you don't know what you got 'till it's gone
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Gomes has signed.. will be announced today
    Looked tidy in the PSF's and will be a welcome addition to the squad, but can't escape the feeling that he's here because we couldn't get who we really wanted.
    Will probably be a 1 year deal with another year option and i doubt the wages are crazy.
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=281488.0
  • DubaiCAFC said:
    Finally, our marquee signing.
  • Signing a triallist two weeks into the trial doesn't feel me with complete joy but he knows the league etc. 
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    DubaiCAFC said:
    Finally, our marquee signing.
    We’re getting a beer tent ? #rockontommy.
  • agim said:
    If we are to see a "marquee signing" before the end of the window I think it'll be in the final few days where we maybe chuck a bit of money at one. I'm expecting Gomes to sign as he's been with us pretty much all pre season and 2/3 loan signings. 

Trying to put our business into perspective my conclusion is that TS is happy to invest but in a careful business like manor. Why splash out on a new left winger if he's being told by our coaches a youth player who costs nothing is ready? The world has changed over the last 18 months and the "smaller" clubs are going to squeeze every penny they can out of clubs for their prized possessions. This in turn makes negotiations difficult. I'm my industry our margins are next to nothing at the moment with materials/goods prices rocketing and companies going in low with tenders just to get work. Football is a different ball game but it still is a business, not to us but whether we like it or not it is to TS and it would be any other owner. 
    I'd love to see us have a Powell style re-build and win the league but that doesn't look like it's going to happen. 

But we don't have youth players ready to play first team football at left back and left midfield.

That's my point!
  • edited August 2021
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    The Fan Adviser has just said ‘watch this space’ on Twitter to some moaning about the lack of signings and poor squad depth. Hopefully positive🤞🏻
    What exactly does fan advisor do ? I not digging her out I just have no idea & since she was appointed I don't think I've seen anything mentioned.
    Essentially listen to a range of fans views, pass those on to the club or in the most recent case TS, and then feedback to fans what Club says about fan gripes/suggestions. I believe this is the case anyway. 
    Thanks, so how do you contact the fans advisor ? Again I may have just missed this but I don't remember seeing it anywhere. 
    She’s on Twitter as @CAFCFanAdviser 👍🏻
    Ah right thanks. I don't do twitter, probably why I haven't seen much about it  :D
    It’s been on the OS at least twice since April after she got the gig in the link to the articles I posted for you. WIOTOS  is your friend 😉.
  • I'd expect a year for Gomes to just cover , will probably start in the League Cup whenever that game is. 
  • Personally I am not sold on Gomes, but we do need some numbers through the door. 
  • Gomes gives us depth until JFC & Gilbey are fit. It took a long time for Gilbey to get up to speed after his injury at the start of last season. He's had bad luck again this yr with covid....hopefully he starts re-building his fitness soon.

It'll be interesting to see the length of contract given to Gomes. Most likely a year in light of the above.
    It's an entirely sensible signing given the above.  It's not exciting but he is young enough to improve and probably got a bit of a point to prove.  Much rather sign him than a older player on the way down. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Gomes gives us depth until JFC & Gilbey are fit. It took a long time for Gilbey to get up to speed after his injury at the start of last season. He's had bad luck again this yr with covid....hopefully he starts re-building his fitness soon.

It'll be interesting to see the length of contract given to Gomes. Most likely a year in light of the above.
    It's an entirely sensible signing given the above.  It's not exciting but he is young enough to improve and probably got a bit of a point to prove.  Much rather sign him than a older player on the way down. 
    Yeah, it's not the kind of signing that's going to make waves but he's still young, can play in a couple of positions in a pinch and has been around the squad for a while now so will know the players and the plan, and won't cost a fortune.

If you are going to sign people just to make up numbers you could do a lot worse. I'd rather have someone like Gomes to another Pratley or Watson.
  • Sponsored links:

• With JFC out and Gilbey still recovering, I can't complain with this, rather Gomes than relying on Vennings/Dempsey who are still relatively inexperienced (in this league for Dempsey anyway)
  • Guess the key with Kirk will be if he features for Crewe tomorrow. 
  • MarcusH26 said:
    Guess the key with Kirk will be if he features for Crewe tomorrow. 
    But if he has 3 offers in for him we have to hope our commitment to signing him helps.
  • No chance of Kirk coming unless we've installed a transporter. Get the simple things right club!
  • 27 Days to go

• Been reported elsewhere that someone at the club has confirmed we've had two of our top targets agree to sign but we're still yet to agree on fees with their respective clubs. 
  • Aaron Henry has said on twitter that he missed the team photo shoot due to having or having had Covid19
  • Been reported elsewhere that someone at the club has confirmed we've had two of our top targets agree to sign but we're still yet to agree on fees with their respective clubs. 
    Isn't that referred to as "tapping up"
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!