Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited August 2021
    @soapboxsam I think Nick Pope was released by Ipswich at 16 and went to Bury Town (St Edmunds) and into their first team from whom we signed him aged 19 in 2011.
  • Oh for fucks sake.  It's like a party for kids with ADHD and someone arranged a delivery of doughnuts.  Every day.  For 3 months.
    Only 3 months? This won’t stop for a while, we can still sign free agents after the window closes...
  • She doesn’t seem to be following us anymore. 
    Noticed that as well...
  • probably once she realised someone had sussed she was? 
  • Or she’s just on a wind up!
  • She doesn’t seem to be following us anymore. 
    Probably not keen on the amount of blokes that are private messaging her tonight. 
  • mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    The Fan Adviser has just said ‘watch this space’ on Twitter to some moaning about the lack of signings and poor squad depth. Hopefully positive🤞🏻
    What exactly does fan advisor do ? I not digging her out I just have no idea & since she was appointed I don't think I've seen anything mentioned.
    Essentially listen to a range of fans views, pass those on to the club or in the most recent case TS, and then feedback to fans what Club says about fan gripes/suggestions. I believe this is the case anyway. 
    Thanks, so how do you contact the fans advisor ? Again I may have just missed this but I don't remember seeing it anywhere. 
  • Sponsored links:

• mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    The Fan Adviser has just said ‘watch this space’ on Twitter to some moaning about the lack of signings and poor squad depth. Hopefully positive🤞🏻
    What exactly does fan advisor do ? I not digging her out I just have no idea & since she was appointed I don't think I've seen anything mentioned.
    Essentially listen to a range of fans views, pass those on to the club or in the most recent case TS, and then feedback to fans what Club says about fan gripes/suggestions. I believe this is the case anyway. 
    Thanks, so how do you contact the fans advisor ? Again I may have just missed this but I don't remember seeing it anywhere. 
    She’s on Twitter as @CAFCFanAdviser 👍🏻
  • edited August 2021
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    She's in Room 6, North wing, second floor, Bedlam Hospital, Bishopgate (or thereabouts)
  • edited August 2021
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    Here you go;

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/60952ff693abc/column-fan-adviser-lucy-bishop-on-her-first-month-in-the-role
  • ButtleJR said:
    She doesn’t seem to be following us anymore. 
    Noticed that as well...
    She’s following the OS on Twitter 
  • RedChaser said:
    @soapboxsam I think Nick Pope was released by Ipswich at 16 and went to Bury Town (St Edmunds) and into their first team from whom we signed him aged 19 in 2011.

@RedChaser you are correct. I knew Nick Pope was at Bury town (St Edmunds) after being released but for some reason I thought he was a few years younger than 19 when he signed for Cafc. 
  • mart77 said:
    ButtleJR said:
    She doesn’t seem to be following us anymore. 
    Noticed that as well...
    She’s following the OS on Twitter 
    she is indeed
  • edited August 2021
    May be a leftover follow from back in January when the move fell through late on? Just forgot to unfollow…
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2021
    dmjn said:
    Really. I think it's weird and if I was him it would put me off 
    He’s only 16 tbf, as for Kirk I imagine it’s probably amusing him, doubt it would crumble a transfer.

anyway it’s probably not a legitimate bid and I can’t believe a Crewe Alexandra player regardless how good he is has got us in the blender. Genuinely my least favourite transfer window in god knows how long. Rolands first couple of years we actually signed some really exciting players, then we all expected naff all. Now the expectations are up (rightly so IMO) and it’s been very underwhelming. I cannot believe how many league 1 gems we have missed out on.

anyway on a more positive spin, 2 more sleeps till I can get trollied and call the Wendy’s dirty northern b******s
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:
    Because other clubs have incomplete squads that's ok is it?

I want us to WIN this league so I want us to have the best squad.

Currently we don't. 

I genuinely don't care about other clubs.  Our owner made strong comments at the end of last season and I trust him and are glad we have him.

But we don't have a fit left back and NO left midfielder. 

Totally unbalanced.   I'm not saying our squad should be finished by now but come on now.  We've needed both these positions in cover and first choice since our last two loanees in those positions left!
    If you don't care about other clubs how can you rate our squad? 

What are you comparing it to?  Powell's, Bowyer's, Curbishley's, Man City, Peps Barca, Brazil 1970?

Its not a pub league, but we don't have a pub team. 
    Because I don't care about them, I can still rate them!

You completely avoid my point about the lack of any fit or signed left sided players.  

Or do you only care to answer the parts that are easy to have an opinion on?

Does anybody really think we should be starting the season with no left back and no left midfielder?

Washington is very likely to play down the wing in a 433 this season so not sure the lack of a left midfielder is a major issue. I would have liked another defender and winger in time for Saturday though admittedly. I think the CB, CM, another winger and striker can wait a week or two, but disappointed we have (so far) failed to add another two. 
    Again answer the question. 

Do you think we should be starting the season with Gunther at left back and Washington, out of position, as our only real option to play left hand side?

Totally agree with the left back situation, not on Washington as he's likely to play a lot more at LW than as a striker this season. At the moment, I'm not 100% convinced he can be effective there, but that's where he's going to be playing so I'll judge later. So in terms of the way Adkins is viewing us this season, he's not out of position.
    Shame his left foot is weak, more checking back to cross the ball.
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:

Currently we don't. 

I genuinely don't care about other clubs.  Our owner made strong comments at the end of last season and I trust him and are glad we have him.

Totally unbalanced.   I'm not saying our squad should be finished by now but come on now.  We've needed both these positions in cover and first choice since our last two loanees in those positions left!

What are you comparing it to?  Powell's, Bowyer's, Curbishley's, Man City, Peps Barca, Brazil 1970?

You completely avoid my point about the lack of any fit or signed left sided players.  

Does anybody really think we should be starting the season with no left back and no left midfielder?

Washington is very likely to play down the wing in a 433 this season so not sure the lack of a left midfielder is a major issue. I would have liked another defender and winger in time for Saturday though admittedly. I think the CB, CM, another winger and striker can wait a week or two, but disappointed we have (so far) failed to add another two. 

Do you think we should be starting the season with Gunther at left back and Washington, out of position, as our only real option to play left hand side?

Totally agree with the left back situation, not on Washington as he's likely to play a lot more at LW than as a striker this season. At the moment, I'm not 100% convinced he can be effective there, but that's where he's going to be playing so I'll judge later. So in terms of the way Adkins is viewing us this season, he's not out of position.
    That's how it goes now though. How many attacking LW's do you know that do much their left foot? All about cutting in on opposite sides, look at England and Italy in the Euros. 
  • supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:

Currently we don't. 

That's how it goes now though. How many attacking LW's do you know that do much their left foot? All about cutting in on opposite sides, look at England and Italy in the Euros. 

The problem we'll have if Washington is our main left winger this season is that we have signed a striker that thrives on balls into the box and washington won't give us that. We 100% need a winger who can get the ball onto Stockleys head otherwise we'll be pretty impotent and may as well not bothered signing Stockley if we're not going to actually play to his main strength.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Didn’t TS say signings would be made on the last day of the window?
    Yes but that seems to be conveniently forgotten by the trolls and the bed wetters. 
    If he said that then he’s more nieve than we’d hoped he would be. Ever heard the phrase we tried but couldn’t get them over the line in time before ? Getting deals done on the last few days let alone last day is fraught with danger. They fall through and you e nowhere to go. 
    He didn't mean it on the context of we will wait until the last day.  He ment it in the context of a lot of stuff will happen late, for the multiple reason that have been done to death in here for weeks.

I really don't understand why people can't see it. 
    They can but it’s boring waiting.

It’ll stop after Saturday when we’ve got games to look back on and ahead to. Especially when we beat Wednesday and realise our first 11 is pretty decent. 
    Our first 11 can be as good as any in the league, but every footballing failure we've suffered in the past few years has been down to lack of depth.
  • Jac_52 said:
    supaclive said:
    supaclive said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    supaclive said:

Currently we don't. 

The problem we'll have if Washington is our main left winger this season is that we have signed a striker that thrives on balls into the box and washington won't give us that. We 100% need a winger who can get the ball onto Stockleys head otherwise we'll be pretty impotent and may as well not bothered signing Stockley if we're not going to actually play to his main strength.
    Ah yes I agree, in fact I think we need two wingers, one of whom is a very capable crosser of the ball like you say. My original point was only about Washington playing out of position on Saturday, which I don't think is the case based on where he'll play, and how we'll play. 
  • edited August 2021
    RedRobin said:
    Or she’s just on a wind up!
    She never actually said anything tho did she, unless i missed something, someone decided to message her and the message was liked, he claimed it was by her but im pretty sure you can like your own messages on Instagram and it comes up the same way(although i could be wrong, i just checked and yeah if you like your own messages you get the same heart symbol so he has more than likely just liked them himself and claimed she liked them)

Same guy messaged Kirk and said dont reply if your coming to charlton and started posting that because he didnt reply he was moving, like what logic is that its like 12 year olds or something 
  • mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    mart77 said:
    She’s on Twitter as @CAFCFanAdviser 👍🏻
    Ah right thanks. I don't do twitter, probably why I haven't seen much about it  :D
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!