Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Maccn05 said:

And just to prove that thoery... Cawley says no truth in it.
    No he is clearly talking about the Cardiff player, who actually plays for Middlesbrough. 
  • Laddick01 said:
    @VFR4life

Your mates had your pants down this time.
    Perhaps he meant this edwards?

• Maccn05 said:

And just to prove that thoery... Cawley says no truth in it.
    There we go. Was a strange one, started by a random Twitter account and then spread here and backed up by others. It shows not everyone has the contacts to match the naked teenager from Wigan.
  • Laddick01 said:
    @VFR4life

Eddie the Eagle? 

No thanks, no one related to Palace.
  • With Edwards being a complete non starter , I wonder who this winger target is? 
  • See I did say he wasn't training with us !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    With Edwards being a complete non starter , I wonder who this winger target is? 
    It'll be Gomes
  • Laddick01 said:
    @VFR4life

If Les Reed and Nicky Bailey had a child...
    I wonder which gained more height- one of the eagles jumps or baileys Penalty?
  • MarcusH26 said:
    It'll be Gomes
    That would be a touch disappointing with people saying it's someone we've been eyeing for a while. 
  • Of course Edwards is signing for us he is just at Reading until we collect him on Saturday. He can't drive and he is scared of public transport and his mum won't drive him as he fiddles with the radio too much.  We should thank The Royals for looking after him so well for us.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    It'll be Gomes
    That would be a touch disappointing with people saying it's someone we've been eyeing for a while. 
    Surely it's more likely to be Sims?
  • I see from that article, Reading now play at the, erm ......  Select Car Leasing Stadium.

"It is pre-season friendly time and the first match to take place at the newly named Select Car Leasing Stadium."

• MarcusH26 said:
    It'll be Gomes
    Pretty sure he isnt a winger going by stuff iv read on him has been played cm dm but apparently performs better higher up the pitch 
  • Oggy Red said:
    I see from that article, Reading now play at the, erm ......  Select Car Leasing Stadium.

"It is pre-season friendly time and the first match to take place at the newly named Select Car Leasing Stadium."

How embarrassing and tin pot. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Am I missing something here Edwards trialing at Reading, but training with us?, surely you don't trial with two clubs at the same time, do you??, or are we getting him fit for Reading??? :*
    Don’t see why not, if he was testing the water and keeping his options open and if we were happy to accommodate.
    Impossible to be with 2 clubs at the same time as players are in bubbles. Given the COVID-19 infections within the Charlton set up would Reading really want him in the dressing room.
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    It'll be Gomes
    Yeah Sims would fit the bill perfectly. As much as I'd like Kirk or Joel Randall there's no realistic chance of that 
  • Sponsored links:

• MarcusH26 said:
    It'll be Gomes
    I thought I read the Gomes we were after got signed by Luton?

Somebody tell the club the lad on trial, it's the wrong Gomes! :no_mouth:

• cfgs said:
    Of course Edwards is signing for us he is just at Reading until we collect him on Saturday. He can't drive and he is scared of public transport and his mum won't drive him as he fiddles with the radio too much.  We should thank The Royals for looking after him so well for us.
    Thanks for reassuring me. For a moment I thought that 95% of what goes on on this thread was complete and utter bollocks!

Look forward to him signing for the Addicks.

• edited July 2021
    Oggy Red said:
    I see from that article, Reading now play at the, erm ......  Select Car Leasing Stadium.

It’s such a bad name! Far too long. I know I know it’s the rumours thread, but what would people say to “The Zynex Valley” if it meant we’d receive a massive investment from our “sponsors”? Pretty sure it’d be “The Valley” to most, regardless of the addition of the business name. 

(I’m not saying I want this, just wondering what people’s view is)
  • edited July 2021
    Crusty54 said:
    RedChaser said:
    Am I missing something here Edwards trialing at Reading, but training with us?, surely you don't trial with two clubs at the same time, do you??, or are we getting him fit for Reading??? :*
    Don’t see why not, if he was testing the water and keeping his options open and if we were happy to accommodate.
    Impossible to be with 2 clubs at the same time as players are in bubbles. Given the COVID-19 infections within the Charlton set up would Reading really want him in the dressing room.
    It’s irrelevant as apparently Edwards was never with us but why is it impossible? I’m sure adequate precautions and tests could have been taken, after all a lot of players looking for clubs, will be moving on from one to another in the close season won’t they? And what about all the trialists at Welling and Dartford in the recent friendlies mixing with our players and ours with theirs. I think you do our medical team a disservice. Theory and practice don’t always align you know 😏.
  • cfgs said:
    Of course Edwards is signing for us he is just at Reading until we collect him on Saturday. He can't drive and he is scared of public transport and his mum won't drive him as he fiddles with the radio too much.  We should thank The Royals for looking after him so well for us.
    Thanks for reassuring me. For a moment I thought that 95% of what goes on on this thread was complete and utter bollocks!

Look forward to him signing for the Addicks.

@Dazzler21..two for the price of one here, get that list out Edwards is back on!!
  • I am sure Kyle will be back training with us next week...
     Why ?
    Think he was joking!!
  • Rylo said:
    Oggy Red said:

It’s such a bad name! Far too long. I know I know it’s the rumours thread, but what would people say to “The Zynex Valley” if it meant we’d receive a massive investment from our “sponsors”? Pretty sure it’d be “The Valley” to most, regardless of the addition of the business name. 

(I’m not saying I want this, just wondering what people’s view is)
    No chance, we'll save that for the 100,000 capacity Zynex Redbull Arena on the peninsular
  • Maybe Kyle Edwards was on a train at Charlton, and somebody misheard  ;)
  • MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    MarcusH26 said:
    It'll be Gomes
    Yeah Sims would fit the bill perfectly. As much as I'd like Kirk or Joel Randall there's no realistic chance of that 
    He’s certainly got the injury record for us, he’ll fit right in with Inniss and JFC
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!