Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• esseffect said:
    I’m Ian Maatsen and I have Cornavirus.
    You can’t have coronavirus - it ended on Monday….at least that’s what some bellend in greggs said earlier. Just like that, at the stroke of midnight it just went away. 
    ................what you get? 
    A sausage roll and a chicken bake……

and probably coronavirus..
    That a new meal deal?
  • Scoham said:
    The next few hours will be crucial.
    Sorry, I thought it was the next two weeks ................. now I am in a panic
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I think we would've seen something in the press by now if another deal was imminent.
    Was Clare in the press before he signed ?
    On team talk Web site as you kindly told us all.  After 4 pages of people discussing it, then edited.

You even told us how much he was worth 
    That’s not the press that’s a Instagram site 
    Teamtalk is a football news site that’s been going for at least 20 years. The Clare rumour on there was the first time I can remember it being first to an accurate story, though I hadn’t properly looked on there in years until yesterday.

https://www.teamtalk.com/
  • ross1 said:
    Scoham said:
    Sorry, I thought it was the next two weeks ................. now I am in a panic
    Crucial if we want a signing announcement today.
  • ross1 said:
    Scoham said:
    Ok then,,..the next 336 hours will be crucial B)

• One Tyreece Campbell, there's only one Tyreece Campbell (and before anyone chips in, I know the Stoke version is spelled differently). Can you tell I'm really bored at work?
  • CH4RLTON said:
    CH4RLTON said:
    one more today
    ITK or just hopeful ?
    Bit of both
    Was it Tyreece Campbell?...
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:

Teamtalk is a football news site that’s been going for at least 20 years. The Clare rumour on there was the first time I can remember it being first to an accurate story, though I hadn’t properly looked on there in years until yesterday.

https://www.teamtalk.com
    Makes me feel very old - I remember when it was a phone line.
    0898 38 38 38

• Scoham said:

https://www.teamtalk.com
    Makes me feel very old - I remember when it was a phone line.
    0898 38 38 38
    Now wonder I kept getting dodgy messages from time to time I must have been dialling 0898 38 28 38 😁
  • edited July 2021
    Gutted.  Used to tell the Mrs those numbers were Charlton club call...
  • Gutted.  Used to tell the Mrs those numbers are Charlton club call...
    Your Mrs? Hahahaha! Would of thought anybody over the age of 12 would of had more sense than to call a premium phone line!
  • edited July 2021
    Not that happy with this quote from Avory: "...that the Academy can achieve that, as we have done with so many other products over the years".

These lads are young adults, they are NOT products from a factory! (Or are they?)
  • cafcfan said:
    Not that happy with this quote from Avory: "...that the Academy can achieve that, as we have done with so many other products over the years".

These lads are young adults, they are NOT products from a factory! (Or are they?)
    Academy product is quite a common turn of phrase isn't it?

product
    /ˈprɒdʌkt/
    noun
    1. 1.
      an article or substance that is manufactured or refined for sale.
      "food products"
        a thing or person that is the result of an action or process.
        "her perpetual suntan was the product of a solarium"

I think it's in the spirit of 2.
    2. cafcfan said:

Some are, one in four are robot players.

One in twelve are memories created by 5G signals around The Valley - it’s why there are certain players never spoken about in football outside of Charlton fans.
    3. MattF said:
      Kyle Edwards taking a break from training with us to continue his trial at Reading

Boo.
    4. I am sure Kyle will be back training with us next week...
    5. Sponsored links:

6. cafcfan said:

I'm sure the term isn't intended to belittle or offend any player and it is indeed a common word in this context.

For some reason the same sentence jumped out at me and I thought that it could be misinterpreted and perhaps 'product' could/should be replaced with 'player' as I think this suggests greater respect to parents etc. 
    7. edited July 2021
      cafcfan said:

I'm sure the term isn't intended to belittle or offend any player and it is indeed a common word in this context.

For some reason the same sentence jumped out at me and I thought that it could be misinterpreted and perhaps 'product' could/should be replaced with 'player' as I think this suggests greater respect to parents etc. 
      Prospects would also fit, might have been predictatext.
    8. Am I missing something here Edwards trialing at Reading, but training with us?, surely you don't trial with two clubs at the same time, do you??, or are we getting him fit for Reading??? :*
    9. mendonca said:
      I like Maatsen but would just prefer a more solid LB and maybe with more aerial presence. 
      mendonca said:
      I like Maatsen but would just prefer a more solid LB and maybe with more aerial presence. 

A LB who uses Aerial to clean his kit?
    10. edited July 2021
      Am I missing something here Edwards trialing at Reading, but training with us?, surely you don't trial with two clubs at the same time, do you??, or are we getting him fit for Reading??? :*
      Don’t see why not, if he was testing the water and keeping his options open and if we were happy to accommodate.
    11. We were just a rebound :(
    12. Am I missing something here Edwards trialing at Reading, but training with us?, surely you don't trial with two clubs at the same time, do you??, or are we getting him fit for Reading??? :*
      It’s all to do with agent Ged Roddy. He is really a scout for reading and an imposter at Charlton.
    13. If he's playing for Reading tonight then he's not training or trialing with us. So we can kill that rumour
    14. Am I missing something here Edwards trialing at Reading, but training with us?, surely you don't trial with two clubs at the same time, do you??, or are we getting him fit for Reading??? :*
      He is at Reading because Roddy and Nigle recommended the local dentist. 
    This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!