Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Cleverly worded by Rich Cawley.  From his tweet I can only assume "isn't a deal being worked on" means DONE DEAL.  Announce Jordan Ibe.
    😂
    I was thinking that myself, but then this gif sprung to mind 
  • Rudders22 said:
    To be fair I like Cawley but he is a spoil sport when we have a rumour on here about a player and then he dismisses it out of hand. and kills the rumour dead and buried and rhea we have to start another one. 
    Exactly 
    He kills all the rumours stone dead but allows the fish puns to continue. 
    He's nothing more than a pilchard 
    Brill mate………….Here we go, here we go, here we go! It only took 287 pages 😁.
  • Rudders22 said:
    To be fair I like Cawley but he is a spoil sport when we have a rumour on here about a player and then he dismisses it out of hand. and kills the rumour dead and buried and rhea we have to start another one. 
    Exactly 

Remember, a Pilchard is just a small herring. Perhaps a Red Herring?  :wink:

• Oggy Red said:
    Rudders22 said:
    Exactly 

Remember, a Pilchard is just a small herring. Perhaps a Red Herring?  :wink:

Maybe just a creepy Cawley.
  • Rudders22 said:
    Exactly 
    Always trying to reel people in 
  • Had me hook, line and sinker.
  • edited July 2021
    Wikipedia entry for Paul Mullin, Cambridge striker, 32 goals in 46 games last season:

"Mullin rejected a new contract offer with Cambridge United on the 28th June. On 2nd July agent Ken Swain confirmed his transfer to Charlton Ath."

Might be wishful thinking on our part. 
  • redbuttle said:
    ButtleJR said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:
    I will until a semi official source confirms our interest in Jack Tucker before getting all giddy about it. Still think he ends up getting a move to the Championship.
    @ButtleJR seemed pretty confident this morning, has been right, and admittedly wrong, before. 
    But more often right. 
    Thanks mate, wasn't me that said anything earlier about tucker was my dad haha. I only pass on info I'm given and this isn't always going to be spot on. However, when have I been wrong?😉
    So are you now saying your old man was wrong on this occasion and that your still always normally right ?!
    I was the one who said it and if you look , I said may...

Buttle JR is always right as he has mates in high places. I have no mates at all.

PDOUCHER said:
    Hard to believe that we haven’t had somebody confirm the identity of the player at Sparrows today. Unless there wasn’t.
    Unless it was kept very secret and under the radar, I’m advised there wasn’t one 

• Sponsored links:

• Addicks59 said:
    Mullins is in. Tucker has agreed terms.Another one in not positive at moment but believed to be boyl.
    Is this for real?
  • Dealing with Scally should be fun! 
  • Addicks59 said:
    Signed sat. Tucker has agreed term but it is got to be agreed with gills what price.Boyle not sure but NA wants him in.
    Gills want a deal worth 1 mill 
  • Valley11 said:
    Dealing with Scally should be fun! 
    There is a Camping Shop in Gillingham, just take him down there and invite him to take his pick of the caravans
  • Who is boyle?

• RedJohn said:
    Who is boyle?

Will Boyle, the CB from Cheltenham
  • Cap the day off and announce a signing lads
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:
    Dealing with Scally should be fun! 
    There is a Camping Shop in Gillingham, just take him down there and invite him to take his pick of the caravans
    Seeing as this is the rumour thread, rumour has it scally is more partial to a pony and trap!!, no source!😂
  • Just given Danger Mouse a call.  He's going to put Penfold in his place...

• RedJohn said:
    Who is boyle?

… the same one Cawley has already said isn’t a target. 
  • RedJohn said:
    Who is boyle?

… the same one Cawley has already said isn’t a target. 
    Thats the fella :D
  • Addicks59 said:
    Signed sat. Tucker has agreed term but it is got to be agreed with gills what price.Boyle not sure but NA wants him in.
    Sorry to be so Cynical but after believing/hoping what you said before what has changed and also the fact cawley has said we aint interested or trying for either of them ??
  • Maybe the club has tightened up and not leaking stuff to Cawley until the deals are done
  • So, Mullin, Tucker, Boyle , Fraser and a winger ?

Did he mention Fraser?
  • So, Mullin, Tucker, Boyle , Fraser and a winger ?
    Fraser now too?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!