Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• edited July 2021
    Whilst I too doubt there is any substance to it, I think pushing the boat out with one or two players can have a massive positive effect, especially at our level, as long as it doesn't create disunity within the squad. To achieve that it has to be a player or players that everybody knows are above the level.
  • If NS thinks he can work with him then great. Interesting range of responses:

A: None of my business he should be treated the same as everyone else. 

B He's probably going to be troublesome don't want know

C We can take account of the issues and work with him.

• edited July 2021
    If NS thinks he can work with him then great.
    NS?

I think Tracey would probably want to be involved in keeping him in good spirits.

Adkins would in my opinion benefit him, but there's the outside risk that it could frustrate/irritate him.
  • edited July 2021
    Ibe wouldn't have agreed to cancel his Derby contract if he didn't have a new club lined up already, or at least cast iron offers on the table.

However, Henry Irving broke this rumour and since he's quite a recognisable face for the club, I don't think he would have done it if it was a genuine tip-off.
    Henry Irving speculated about him, nothing more. He's local and free. That was it.

Other people commented on it and now it's a rumour.that fake sites post to try and look in the know 

It's a classic example of how rumours feed on themselves to grow and gain credibility. A few people repeat it and suddenly he's been spotted at the training ground.

I wish I could claim I did it as an experiment but I didn't.

That's what I meant. I feel fairly sure if you did have an inside scoop on a transfer through your connections then you wouldn't be posting it.

Funny thing is, Other forums are acting as a bite-size to this thread. Even had the "1 hour until a signing" news broke elsewhere last night, as if the guy himself posting it was ITK.
  • edited July 2021
    Ibe wouldn't have agreed to cancel his Derby contract if he didn't have a new club lined up already, or at least cast iron offers on the table.

However, Henry Irving broke this rumour and since he's quite a recognisable face for the club, I don't think he would have done it if it was a genuine tip-off.
    Henry Irving speculated about him, nothing more. He's local and free. That was it.

Other people commented on it and now it's a rumour.that fake sites post to try and look in the know 

It's a classic example of how rumours feed on themselves to grow and gain credibility. A few people repeat it and suddenly he's been spotted at the training ground.

That's what I meant. I feel fairly sure if you did have an inside scoop on a transfer through your connections then you wouldn't be posting it.

Funny thing is, Other forums are acting as a bite-size to this thread. Even had the "1 hour until a signing" news broke elsewhere last night, as if the guy himself posting it was ITK.
    Never read them but some posters on here repeat what they read there as fact and claim to be in the know.

Valley11 said:

This site is hilarious. The man who speculated about a player signing, speculation that then turned into Internet fact, is now talking about himself in the third person. Hahaha CL is a strange old place. 

That was the joke 
  • cabbles said:
    mendonca said:
    These kind of signings very rarely work at Charlton. Avoid.
    Absolutely.  When I read that bit earlier in the thread about his behavior at Bournemouth, I wouldn’t want him anywhere near us.  What is it with these self entitled little tossers that thing they deserve another chance if they want to waste their career away.  Once they get to a certain age, the likes of Ibe, Ravel Morrison or whoever shouldn’t really be given any more ‘chances’.  Why should they have the privilege of getting paid a good wage, in a profession so many lower/non league players would give their right arm for, only to continually screw it up and move onto the next club?  Another example of where the game is warped.  It’s their fault their career has turned to crap
    I would imagine that despite his problems there will be quite a few clubs interested in signing him. There are always clubs willing to take a chance on players with talent regardless of their falls from grace. Even if we are interested in him I’m confident there will be bigger fish than us will to take him. 
  • Sponsored links:

• One major difference with Maddison, is that he was away from home and indeed his daughter, whereas for Ibe Charlton would be "coming home", so potentially a lot better for him personally

• One major difference with Maddison, is that he was away from home and indeed his daughter, whereas for Ibe Charlton would be "coming home", so potentially a lot better for him personally

Without knowing the people and their personal issues it's impossible to guess.

How many amateur physiologist where insistent that Bowyer would "sort Maddison out"?    Probably including Bowyer himself. Then it turned out that being a professional footballer was in its self part of the problem.

All the time managers have any ego at all there will be someone that thinks they can succeed were everyone else failed. 

Someone will think they can get the best out of Ibe.  Someone will think they can get the best out of Williams.  Someone will give Maddison another crack at league football.  Someone will give Nile Ranger another chance.  All very different "issues" but someone will think they can "fix" them. 

• Cafc43v3r said:
    One major difference with Maddison, is that he was away from home and indeed his daughter, whereas for Ibe Charlton would be "coming home", so potentially a lot better for him personally

Without knowing the people and their personal issues it's impossible to guess.

How many amateur physiologist where insistent that Bowyer would "sort Maddison out"?    Probably including Bowyer himself. Then it turned out that being a professional footballer was in its self part of the problem.

All the time managers have any ego at all there will be someone that thinks they can succeed were everyone else failed. 

Someone will think they can get the best out of Ibe.  Someone will think they can get the best out of Williams.  Someone will give Maddison another crack at league football.  Someone will give Nile Ranger another chance.  All very different "issues" but someone will think they can "fix" them. 

@Dazzler21, one for the list @cafc43v3r reporting we are after Nile ranger 😂
  • With Nigel Adkins at Sparrows Lane before 9am today I fancy a signing to be announced. 
    Would you suggest it is imminent?
  • With Nigel Adkins at Sparrows Lane before 9am today I fancy a signing to be announced. 
    How do you know that? I've not seen a Saturday morning 'walking' tweet! 
  • Christ, even I couldnt put a positive spin on us if we were to sign Nile Ranger
    You would give it a good go!!! 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Christ, even I couldnt put a positive spin on us if we were to sign Nile Ranger
    You would give it a good go!!! 
    To be honest with Ranger I probably wouldnt bother, not after that article where he just went through everything he'd done wrong but showed zero remorse over any of it

Actually the one good thing about him signing is the COMPLETE unity we'd probably see on here
  • Sponsored links:

• Cafc43v3r said:
    🚨🚨🚨🚨The comms team are working!!🚨🚨🚨

Source?
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Source?
    Twitter... Ashley Maynard-Brewer thread

Unless of course they uploaded the video yesterday and scheduled the post for today
  • Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Source?

Unless of course they uploaded the video yesterday and scheduled the post for today
    No place for common sense and logic here :wink:
    How do you know that? I've not seen a Saturday morning 'walking' tweet! 
    Apologies @LargeAddick just seen his Saturday morning 'walking' tweet at Sparrows Lane wearing his CAFC gear.
  • Christ, even I couldnt put a positive spin on us if we were to sign Nile Ranger
    At least he would give @Tom-of-SE9 something to focus his energy on. 😉🚓
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Source?

But then they could have done the same with the new signing ;)
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    Scoham said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Source?

But then they could have done the same with the new signing ;)
    Singings :-) 

I think Ibe is a far bigger waste of talent than Maddison.
  • Don't know who this steve fella is with Adkins this morning but I'm not sure he's the answer to any of the positions we need filling. Oliver on the other hand looks hungry and up for a good old run about. Definitely looks ready to fetch the ball at any given opportunity
    It always happens at the start of pre season training, where players report back overweight. Give Steve a month and he'll be back into shape and match fit  ;)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!