Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• I see Carlos Mendes Gomes has confirmed he's leaving Morecambe. Be interesting to see where he ends up, obviously someone that's been mentioned a lot on this thread

• Ok thanks, as you know I dont  rate the loss of Aneke as highly as yourself, but completely agree about needing to get into the championship as soon as possible. Thomas does seem to think the valley situation will come out in the wash as they say, so hopefully that will coincide with promotions?. To be fair to be a better person than all that you mentioned probably isn’t the hardest thing to achieve!!😂.👍 
  • edited June 2021
    Luton fans seem convinced it’s them re: CMG.
  • Luton fans seem convinced it’s them re: CMG.
    Wouldn't surprise me if it was. 
  • Portsmouth in for the young Manchester City keeper Gavin Bazunu who was at Rochdale last season.

I guess this means MacGillivray is leaving. The question is where? I note that the ex Pompey GK Coach has defected to Ipswich so I suspect it is between us and them. 
  • Daniel Ballard was mentioned on here more as a suggestion, Millwall after him.
  • Sponsored links:

• RC_CAFC said:
    lol the Sangaard buzz didn’t last long did it.
    Maybe not for some people, but it’s still here with me.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and we’ve not got owners who have billions just to mess around with. 

Everything at our club is starting to be run exactly the right way. 

- We are paying sensible prices for good players who want to be here.

- we’re not over extending ourselves meaning we can build a sustainable club that isn’t in fear of disappearing anymore.

- When someone goes, their position is filled straightaway. 

- We are getting good people into the club

- We have brought all strands of Charlton under one umbrella and have a really exciting women’s team turning pro.

We would all have liked a few more bodies through the door (I’m certain that’s true for club management too) but people in the know are saying we’re after the right people so that’s good enough for me for now. 👍
    I was being sarcastic and agree 100%. Just some people enjoy pissing on everyone’s cornflakes.
  • RC_CAFC said:
    lol the Sangaard buzz didn’t last long did it.
    Maybe not for some people, but it’s still here with me.

Rome wasn’t built in a day and we’ve not got owners who have billions just to mess around with. 

Everything at our club is starting to be run exactly the right way. 

- We are paying sensible prices for good players who want to be here.

- we’re not over extending ourselves meaning we can build a sustainable club that isn’t in fear of disappearing anymore.

- When someone goes, their position is filled straightaway. 

- We are getting good people into the club

- We have brought all strands of Charlton under one umbrella and have a really exciting women’s team turning pro.

We would all have liked a few more bodies through the door (I’m certain that’s true for club management too) but people in the know are saying we’re after the right people so that’s good enough for me for now. 👍
    I was being sarcastic and agree 100%. Just some people enjoy pissing on everyone’s cornflakes.
    I tend to piss on people’s chips!!! Lol, each to there own, I may try cornflakes next though!!🤣
  • Mendez Gomes confirmed that he has joined Luton 
  • LordDofB said:
    Don't forget that TS is also building a fully professional women's team. Will take considerable funding.    
    Maybe he should have sorted the mens team first
  • LordDofB said:
    Don't forget that TS is also building a fully professional women's team. Will take considerable funding.    
    Maybe he should have sorted the mens team first
    Why should men come first?

Not sure that's good long term.

😉
  • se9addick said:
    Wait, people get paid for their opinions on Charlton Life? How much are mines worth? 
    You owe lookout £12k

🤔
    So,.. that's how you get a promote is it B)
    Standard practice, how many of missed a golden opportunity recently when it was Mr Looky’s birthday ? @Dazzler21😉

• Gutted to see this on Twitter. One I’d have loved for us to have him and then because he’s gone to Luton 😞

Great signing absolute baller who will make them a lot of money
  • Oggy Red said:
    Bit shocked at the panic and doom on here because a 2 players have chosen not to sign a contract to play in the league above and be nearer home. 

It’s not July yet we are obviously working on deals in the background and will have a squad in place. 

Thomas has already shown he will invest and nothing so far points to that not being the case. 

Players come. And players go. 
    It's always been that way in football. 

I think issue is, for some, that we've seen some go and not so many come.

Yet.

Now is not the time to make a final judgement but with training starting next week it's been a slow start. I can see why people are frustrated even if I'm not 

Yet.

But things can change quickly on the squad and hopefully for the better.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to criticise Sandgaard's words and actions. He's not God, he will make mistakes or do things others think are wrong.

I didn't like his "blow the league away comment as I prefer under promise and over deliver but for some that would be attacked as showing lack of ambition.

But I did like his buying the club, getting rid of the chancers and investing some money stuff a lot.

I like that he's appointed experienced professionals although I agree there should be an on the ground CEO, I like that he's bought the women's team and I think Adkins was a shrewd appointment. Not sure how Roddy fits in with Gallen there too but that's my ignorance, not an accusation.  It's a largely new recruitment team and maybe they are still going through those forming and storming stages before hitting norming and performing. But I don't think they are sitting around lazily waiting for the phone to ring either.

I'm not happy TS didn't buy the Valley and Sparrows Lane but that was and is made almost impossible at a sensible price by Southall and Duchatelet.

Overall, I think TS is massively in credit but now he faces the new challenge of a summer transfer window and with at least two other clubs in this division spending big by league one standards.

The short term panic over the companies House changes show that as a fan base we still have trust issues with owners but hardly surprising given our recent and not so recent past.

So we shall just have to see how TS and his team do over the summer and how that translates into league points.

LLLBH
    Blimey a well balanced and impartial view … well said and agree 😉
  • Were we really ever in for him? No reports linking us? We can’t compete with champ teams even the smaller clubs like Luton will be ahead of us. It’s a platform most good players want to perform on and why not! One good season and you can be snapped up by a prem club or top champ team. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Daniel Ballard was mentioned on here more as a suggestion, Millwall after him.

Heard he is going for  a song?
  • Addicks59 said:
    Well another one I was told was nailed on gomes to Luton also while I am commenting anybody else had an email to say that company's house has been updated to  I know he still a director of ocean capital but makes you wonder.thomas has been withdrawn as a director of charlton athletic 
    Check the shenanigans thread mate.
  • I give up my comment has been completely altered sorry thomas has withdrawn being a director of charlton yes he is still a director of ocean capital.
  • ButtleJR said:
    No chance he's passing a medical haha. Don't think he'll do a great deal at that level. 

He strong and powerful why won't he score in the championship ?

Having found out the reason why his time on the field was limited, I don't believe he will fail the medical at Birmingham. Medicals are so different from club to club.

Heard of a young lad who failed a medical at one Prem club and then signed for another a week later. This happens quite often apparently.

Chuks was superb for Cafc in the limited playing time he had last season.
    Bowyer is Birmingham manager and he has got a goal scoring 9 or 10 on a free transfer.

Great business for them and a major blow for Cafc.

Makes Steve Gallen job even harder now.

So what was the reason why his time on the field was limited ?

As the person who asked this question the most last season on CL, when I heard, I personally wouldn't share this information.
    Even now that Chuks has gone to Birmingham.
  • Valley Gary who are the shenanigans site never heard of it.
  • Valley Gary thanks.
  • shine166 said:
    Time for Ronnie to step up and take his chances during pre season now. 
    Would rather get rid of him tbh, looks to me a Danish Ajose
    Ajose didn't miss a penalty.  Did he ??🤔

At least Ajose scored at Millwall.
    We Lost 3-1  :(
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!