Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rumours Rumours - Summer 2021 edition (Deadline Day from p814)

Comments

• Options
    Pedro45 said:
    ross1 said:
    Out of contract players have 10 days to get a new contract somewhere, or have no money, so expect some to sign or move on by the end of next week. I am not ITK

Out of contract players also usually get paid in July (for some reason...).
    Effectively it's their month's notice.

It's a hang over from an era when all players were on one year renewable contracts and the clubs had total control over who was retained or released.
  • Options
    ross1 said:
    Out of contract players have 10 days to get a new contract somewhere, or have no money, so expect some to sign or move on by the end of next week. I am not ITK
    They get paid for July anyway, I am not sure if they get "double bubble" if they resign/or sign for someone else.   This came up last season iirc.

It is probably part of the reason older players who are likely to be taking a pay cut normally sign later in the window. 
  • Options
    I like the look of that Hungarian midfielder László Kleinheisler .

Combative, high-energy and he looks a bit like Nicky Bailey. Just what we need. 

Surely Gallen can persuade him to relocate from Croatia to London in time for next season
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    One definite announcement next week with a second looking very likely.
    I was told there are 3 we were waiting on their answer to our offer, no names or positions but the club were hoping to hear from one on Friday the other two this week ?? 
    "Told"?  Do you mean you read it on here?

We know there are at least 6 we were waiting on their answer to our offers and I'll give you their names.

Amos
    Aneke
    Matthews
    JFK :wink:
    Pearce
    Watson..............

All agreed subject to wages, contract length and bonuses/options. 
  • Options
    I like the look of that Hungarian midfielder László Kleinheisler .

Combative, high-energy and he looks a bit like Nicky Bailey. Just what we need. 

Surely Gallen can persuade him to relocate from Croatia to London in time for next season
    Then after he signs he says it has always been my dream to play for the Eagles.
  • Options
    I can't be the only one that thinks RonnieMoore's content and vernacular is very suspiciously Colin/BexleyBoy-esque?
    Erm?? 
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Sun journalist says Gomes wanted by Luton and Hull.

Morecambe want £0.5m

Doubt that's totally out of our price range but hard to compete with league one sides, assuming Nixon is correct.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Say goodbye to that one then, seems everything Hull want they get, mind you Nixon B)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Say goodbye to that one then, seems everything Hull want they get
    Well they are a division above 🤷‍♂️.
  • Options
    Was told a couple champ clubs were interested, probably makes this one a stretch.
  • Options
    Thanks Colin
    Yep.
    It's definitely him
    Careful. When I said that earlier in the week I got censored but you are right , it’s definitely him .
  • Options

Gills keeper Bonham wanted by Stoke according to the ever reliable Sun journo Nixon
  • Options
    Thanks Colin
    Yep.
    It's definitely him
    Careful. When I said that earlier in the week I got censored but you are right , it’s definitely him .
    Is it him.......
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Would be happy to keep Amos as number 1 but equally as happy if MacGillivray comes in as number one. 

I do think people were a little harsh on Amos earlier in the season, we invited sides to take shots from from outside the box on a regular basis with little/no closing down. No doubt there were a couple that he could have done better with but he won us more points than he lost us. 
    Of course we could lose Amos and then not get MacGillivary, either. Then what? I view this as bird in the hand situation. So far we have signed how many in demand players this window? So assuming we can just get someone better if Amos leaves seems to be a risky strategy. I’ll stick with Amos, if we can. Keeper is not a position needing serious upgrade for us. I wish we would keep the core and finally sign someone that makes us…better, rather than expend energy trying to upgrade a position we don’t need to.
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    For a player of his potential £500k is absolutely nothing. If we want to operate in the same way Brentford do, you have to be prepared to take these gambles. 
    Who said we do?

Easy to spend other people's money and if a championship club come in you would expect us not to get him anyway? 
  • Options
    For a player of his potential £500k is absolutely nothing. If we want to operate in the same way Brentford do, you have to be prepared to take these gambles. 
    Who knows, maybe we are in for him, maybe we're not but if he decides to go to a higher level that doesn't mean we're not prepared to take those gambles.
  • Options
    Mendes Gomes for £0.5m is daylight robbery… we’d better be in for him.

2 years time we’d be selling him for x10+ 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maccn05 said:
    Mendes Gomes for £0.5m is daylight robbery… we’d better be in for him.

2 years time we’d be selling him for x10+ 
    Not so sure about him. Looks very lightweight. 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Would be happy to keep Amos as number 1 but equally as happy if MacGillivray comes in as number one. 

I do think people were a little harsh on Amos earlier in the season, we invited sides to take shots from from outside the box on a regular basis with little/no closing down. No doubt there were a couple that he could have done better with but he won us more points than he lost us. 
    Of course we could lose Amos and then not get MacGillivary, either. Then what? I view this as bird in the hand situation. So far we have signed how many in demand players this window? So assuming we can just get someone better if Amos leaves seems to be a risky strategy. I’ll stick with Amos, if we can. Keeper is not a position needing serious upgrade for us. I wish we would keep the core and finally sign someone that makes us…better, rather than expend energy trying to upgrade a position we don’t need to.
    seems that MacGillvary has signed a contract with Swindon starting on July 3rd .. from wiki .. very odd going down to L2 after being Pompey's Player of the Season last season 

Portsmouth[edit]

On 4 June 2018, League One club Portsmouth announced that MacGillivray had signed on a two-year deal.[5] MacGillivray made his Portsmouth debut at Fratton Park in their opening league match on 4 August 2018, earning a clean sheet in a 1–0 win over Luton Town.[18] On 31 March 2019, MacGillivray started in goal for Portsmouth in the EFL Trophy final against Sunderland. MacGillivray made a save in the penalty shootout, saving a spot kick from Lee Cattermole.[19] Portsmouth went on to win the shootout 5–4 (2–2 after extra-time). MacGillivray is due to join Swindon Town in July, on a 3 year deal having opted to turned down a 1 year extension. MacGillivray won Pompey Player of the Season for 2020-21 [20]

• Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    Who said we do?

East to spend other people's money and if a championship club come in you would expect us not to get him anyway? 
    Sandgaard’s son has said that to me multiple times. Sandgaard is a massive admirer of how Brentford go about their business, particularly their use of data analytics. It will be a little different, but using data to purchase young talent (and sell for profit) is a big part of the recruitment model. 

If a Championship club come in then there’s nothing we can do, but £500k (in reality it will be less with included bonuses) is a reasonable amount of money for someone with Sandgaard’s ambition. 
  • Options

seems that MacGillvary has signed a contract with Swindon starting on July 3rd .. from wiki .. 

Portsmouth[edit]

On 4 June 2018, League One club Portsmouth announced that MacGillivray had signed on a two-year deal.[5] MacGillivray made his Portsmouth debut at Fratton Park in their opening league match on 4 August 2018, earning a clean sheet in a 1–0 win over Luton Town.[18] On 31 March 2019, MacGillivray started in goal for Portsmouth in the EFL Trophy final against Sunderland. MacGillivray made a save in the penalty shootout, saving a spot kick from Lee Cattermole.[19] Portsmouth went on to win the shootout 5–4 (2–2 after extra-time). MacGillivray is due to join Swindon Town in July, on a 3 year deal having opted to turned down a 1 year extension. MacGillivray won Pompey Player of the Season for 2020-21 [20]

I would be gob smacked if that's right 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    Who knows, maybe we are in for him, maybe we're not but if he decides to go to a higher level that doesn't mean we're not prepared to take those gambles.
    Not saying we’re not prepared to take those gambles, I’m just saying it’s a very low price for a player with a very high ceiling. If he goes to a higher level then there’s nothing we can do - but we should at least be at the table.
  • Options

seems that MacGillvary has signed a contract with Swindon starting on July 3rd .. from wiki .. very odd going down to L2 after being Pompey's Player of the Season last season 

Portsmouth[edit]

Anyone can edit Wiki, zero chance that's right. 
  • Options

Portsmouth[edit]

certainly seems unlikely, BUT ye never know
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Two things about that… Brentford plays moneyball. CAFC fans seem to hate that concept. Second, Brentford eliminated its academy and spent all that money on transfers and wages. Is this what we want? Cuz that’s what we would need to do to replicate them.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/apr/05/brentford-ditched-their-academy-premier-league-outcasts
  • Options

Portsmouth[edit]

certainly seems unlikely, BUT ye never know
    Well we will over the next couple of months...
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!